Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Stuck up!!

On 2 Oct 2014 at 10:01pm Considerate wrote:
It has been brought to my attention the amount of people that are so stuck up their own f**king arse! Lewes is a town where the majority of people are so damn outright rude. Judging people just by the way they look etc. Whatever happened to the old saying "don't judge a book by it's cover?" If you were any half decent human being you would take heed of that saying. No one is perfect, everyone has their "issues" however big or small and do not deserve to be judged, especially by those that think they are "perfect" if ever there was such a thing? To label someone as a "waister" is totally below the belt. Or to judge anyone of the sorts is out of order. You do not know the persons circumstances, their medical background nor anything yet you see fit to label them at such a low rate. Maybe people should be more considerate for others that may have "problems" and try to help them. Most of them would just like someone to smile at them. They aren't doing any harm to you, so treat them with the respect that they deserve. They are no worse off than you in the end they are just a human being with FEELINGS just as you and I. Considering that Lewes is a well to do town I'm very suprised that there are some very nasty and judgemental people out there!
On 2 Oct 2014 at 10:17pm Christian. wrote:
Spot on,well said.
On 2 Oct 2014 at 10:33pm A wrote:
Totally agree with both of you.
On 2 Oct 2014 at 10:48pm Lyra wrote:
I have to say I completely agree. I just sincerely hope a lot of the lunatics on this forum wouldn't dream of being so nasty in person. There's so much hateful comments.
On 2 Oct 2014 at 11:46pm Henry wrote:
There is no one who does not judge a person by the way they look.
The important thing is how readily one accepts the judgement may be wrong
On 3 Oct 2014 at 12:22pm Stuck-up Waster wrote:
Err, Considerate, doesn't your post show that you too are just as guilty of judging people - i.e. by saying they are "stuck up their own ....s" you are just as guilty of making judgements about people as many others who post on here?
People may have good reason for saying what they do, just as someone may have good reason for laying down on the pavement drinking......
Is saying someone is "stuck up" more acceptable than saying someone is a "waster"....I don't think so?
On 3 Oct 2014 at 2:07pm Don Juan wrote:
I think people use a Forum name that bestows the virtues that they would like to have, rather than what they've got. So I doubt that "considerate" is the nice person they are pretending to be.

On 3 Oct 2014 at 10:41pm Don Two wrote:
I like to be one up on the last poster
On 4 Oct 2014 at 8:07am Don Key wrote:
Considerate, the rudest most inconsiderate fool I've come across on this forum is now undoubtably you.
To generalise in that way shows you obviously don't actually get out much. Having worked in Lewes for 20+ years my experience of Lewesians is an extremely pleasurable one.
Lewes people are generally hard working & intelligent, for you to label them as 'stuck up' is wrong & hints at jealousy of them & the town as a whole.
The intolerance shown to 'the waster' may be unfair & too general however my own experience is seeing him being abusive & disrespectful in his actions for example laying across the whole pavement in Cliffe high street leaving pedestrians to walk in the road to go around.
I personally love Lewes & it's faults (if any) are outweighed by its uniqueness & friendly intelligent residents.
Try getting out more considerate & ignore the tiny minority of trolls on this forum

On 4 Oct 2014 at 8:12am Hotey wrote:
I`m not a troll .......Honest.

On 4 Oct 2014 at 8:18am Simon Cowell`s trousers wrote:
" to label someone a waister is below the belt " says Considerate. Depends how high your waist is .

On 4 Oct 2014 at 8:21am George Formby wrote:
What about Grandad`s Flannelette nightshirt

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lewes Penny 119:132
The Lewes Penny

Hm, I could recommend you Chameleon decorators and windows restoration This company uses vacuum-sealed double glazing technology... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine