Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Street Parties for Royal Wedding

On 10 Apr 2011 at 9:32pm Gate Crasher wrote:
Does anybody know of any planned street parties? If so, where?

On 11 Apr 2011 at 12:04am wallander wrote:
I think there is one in Valence rd although I'll probably be working.

On 11 Apr 2011 at 8:17am Vesbod wrote:
......and I'll be planting my runner beans, and then mowing the lawn, and then going for a walk up Offham Hill....

On 11 Apr 2011 at 8:50am Ken Wood wrote:
Luckily I'm working as well.

On 11 Apr 2011 at 9:28am sashimi wrote:
I think 29 April is Cliffe Independence Day this year. Not sure if that is a royal celebration or a rebellion.

On 11 Apr 2011 at 9:59am Cliffite wrote:
Oh is it? Nice of the organisers to tell the Cliffe residents in advance again /sarcasm
Must remember to carry a bill around in my pocket to save being charged to enter my own street upon returned from the shops outside the threshold

On 11 Apr 2011 at 10:19am Grunge wrote:
Don't forget your passport.

On 11 Apr 2011 at 12:28pm Mr Forks wrote:
Cliffite you are indeed a miserable human being, I hope you go away from Lewes on Bonfire Night then and therefore don't get to enjoy the free entertainment provided by the Cliffe on the evening!

On 11 Apr 2011 at 1:22pm Williamdyer wrote:
Returning to the thread, I'll be having a street party in the Pells area, but it's a private affair in the shared back lane with all our neighbours. Should be a cracker!

On 11 Apr 2011 at 1:48pm Cliffite wrote:
All I'm asking is a bit of warning for when the street I live on is going to be closed off, not too much to ask & hardly makes me a miserable human being.
As I live on Cliffe High St, I do enjoy Bonfire Night with balcony views and donate heavily on the evening so go stick a rookie somewhere

On 11 Apr 2011 at 3:02pm Mr Forks wrote:
I will, now where do you live?!

On 11 Apr 2011 at 4:25pm Cliffite wrote:
Bill's... mwahahaha

On 11 Apr 2011 at 4:29pm Cliffite wrote:
Anyway Gate Crasher, the Lewes Council website details communities that have requested street closures. If you scroll down through the list to the right date, shows everywhere that has so far applied

On 11 Apr 2011 at 4:30pm Cliffite wrote:
try again

Check it out here »

On 11 Apr 2011 at 6:45pm Chillie123 wrote:
I too live in Cliffe High St and I enjoy Cliffe Independence Day. It's only a bit of fun amd all for the bonfire society. I have been hoping that Cliffe would have a Royal Wedding Street Party. But it is not to be.

On 11 Apr 2011 at 9:53pm Maz wrote:
I've heard they are throwing quite the celebration in East way, nevil estate with fireworks on the green and a buffet and music to celebrate the wedding in style. Guests are welcome.

On 12 Apr 2011 at 8:18am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Cliffe Independence Day is 29th May not April. Well done Sashimi.

On 12 Apr 2011 at 9:17am sashimi wrote:
Yes, EBM, I must pay more attention next time when the list is read out. 29 May not 29 April. So, it's Restoration Day (1660). Another royal anniversary has been chosen for Cliffe BS's declaration of an independent republic. Remember, remember .... treason and plot.

On 12 Apr 2011 at 9:20am 'ere be monsters wrote:
No, the end of May bank holiday was chosen, like every year.

On 12 Apr 2011 at 9:38am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Cliffite, you are asked to make a donation to The Cliffe BS on independence day which goes towards funding the celebrations on the 5th. The heavy donations you make on the evening go to local charities, which I am sure are very grateful.

On 12 Apr 2011 at 7:24pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I'm having a party for the Royal Wedding. It'll be in my hotel room in Bruges, and none of you are invited.
Should have gone to a country that's a republic really, I suppose, but I love Bruges.

On 13 Apr 2011 at 6:09pm Nick wrote:
I still can't understand why people would be having parties to celebrate the wedding of two strangers. Just because you've seen them on TV doesn't mean you know them - and they certainly don't know you.

On 13 Apr 2011 at 9:09pm padster wrote:
Because stupid people think the royals give a damm about them. England for a republic, no to parasitic free loading royals, What a waste of public money. To anyone who wants to tell me different , dont bother, i wont listen i will never change my mind and i will assume you are an idiot.

On 13 Apr 2011 at 9:20pm Madame Bovary wrote:
ACT - agree with you about Bruges - except don't you find their sloping cobbled pavements a bit hard on the ankles?

On 14 Apr 2011 at 9:37pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
After inadvertently necking a few beers that were 9%, the sloping cobbles were the least of my worries, Madame B. I think it probably just offset my list to starboard, tbh.

On 14 Apr 2011 at 10:31pm Deelite wrote:
I hope you haven't been on that Dark Star stuff that smells like Skunk.

On 15 Apr 2011 at 9:54am Madame Bovary wrote:
And don't eat the delicious warm salads they have there. I spent two days of my stay with the trots.

On 20 Apr 2011 at 2:19pm Just in time wrote:
Come and join us on the 29th at The Forges . Bring a friend everyone welcome.

9 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Love 70:132
Lewes Love

Thought that was 50bn in coins. Couldn't they just look for cars with bulging tyres ;-) more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams