Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Station parking meter

7
 
On Mon 26 Oct at 5:52pm Patrice wrote:
On Monday 21 September 2020, I paid £7.10 to park in Lewes Station car park for the day and fed the coins into the machine and put reg number in. However, no ticket appeared. I assumed my car was registered and walked away. Iíve now received a fine of £100 for not displaying a ticket. I have appealed but it was rejected. I live in Canterbury and without driving again to Lewes to check out the car park machine again, I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?
3
 
On Wed 28 Oct at 1:46pm Patrice wrote:
How do I access responses to my post?
7
 
On Wed 28 Oct at 2:26pm Nevillman wrote:
Sorry Patrice, responses go directly on here it but it looks as though noone has responded. You might get more of a response from the Facebook Lewes present site. Not a site I would normally recommend due to the censorious nature of the administrator but more widely read than this site and more likely to attract people who visit Lewes station and pay to park in it.
4
 
On Wed 28 Oct at 4:29pm Patrice wrote:
Ok thank you!
6
 
On Wed 28 Oct at 4:52pm TheGardener wrote:
Do you still have the ticket?
Which private parking company has Ďinvoiced Ď you?
6
 
On Wed 28 Oct at 4:53pm TheGardener wrote:
And to whom did you appeal, was it the parking co or POPLA?
5
 
On Thu 29 Oct at 6:03pm Basil wrote:
TheGardener wrote: 'Do you still have the ticket?'

Patrice wrote, 'However, no ticket appeared.'
3
 
On Fri 30 Oct at 5:24pm Patrice wrote:
Thank you for the responses. Saba Park Solutions is def the penalty notice and ZZPS Limited seem to be the debt collectors. There is guidance on how to deal with ZZPS but basically itís donít pay them. Saba are the people presumably I should be appealing to. I know I paid that fee to park and no ticket appeared. My daughter is preparing the wording for my second appeal eg provision of proof to me of the CCTV and what monies were collected from that machine which tally with the number of car registrations entered. The other email address on the penalty notice is customerservices@ipaymypcn.com with a phone number which I immediately called on receiving the Notice and spoke to a very kind person called Holly who gave the impression my appeal would be upheld given the circumstances but obviously not. Iím reading and hearing that these companies are just rip off merchants and rely on threats and prevarication to get you to pay up.
2
 
On Fri 30 Oct at 9:36pm TheGardener wrote:
Hi, your appeals will be turned down. They will, as you allude to, just give in and pay.
The only way they can make you pay is to take you to small claims court.
They will threaten you with CCJs, but all this is nonsense as a court is the only path to that happening, and only if you still didnít pay after losing.
They do take people to court however, and usually lose. They have to be seen to do this in order to have credibility.
If you do go to court they will base their case on the fact that you failed to display a valid ticket as described clearly in the terms and conditions which will be dotted around the car park.
That you paid the fee is irrelevant.
I couldnít guarantee a judge would find in your favour as you clearly broke the contract.
Even if you can prove that you paid, that doesnít change anything unfortunately.
There is zero chance of anybody checking the takings at the machine and cross referencing it..
If you fancy making a hobby out of this, then google all the free advice on the forums, there are some helpful people who might know a way around this and if itís worth the fight. It will take up a lot of your time and go on for years (yes!) ,
Good luck.
1
 
On Sat 31 Oct at 11:51pm IDM wrote:
Take any court stuff seriously Patrice. If you say "I'll ignore a load of rubbish" and don't do anything, you might lose a court hearing by default.


27 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Burning Crosses in Lewes 15:132
Burning Crosses in Lewes

I've always thought we should break away from our Norman overlords and 're -establish Winchester as our capital. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde