Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Spoil Your Ballot

On 29 Apr 2015 at 1:26pm NOTAB wrote:
Approx 2/3rds of the population are likely to vote next Thursday.
NOTAB stands for "None of the above".
If people spoil their papers in this way, the vote will be counted but not attributed.
If 50% or more registered voters do this, we can legitimately bring down the self serving system currently in place.
Wouldnt it be grand to know that hard work did actually pay rather than just an accident of birth and the right alma mater.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 1:31pm Alma Cogan wrote:
Well said
On 29 Apr 2015 at 1:45pm Taff wrote:
why not approach who you may have or may have not voted for?
On 29 Apr 2015 at 4:47pm nevillman wrote:
Why are you not standing yourself? If you don't participate in the election you have no right to moan.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 4:49pm Realistic Expectations wrote:
Not very inspiring I admit, but if you imagine that the British establishment is quaking in its boots if half of us don`t vote for a political party or an individual then you are delusional.Yes it is a rubbish system but its the only one we have got for the forseeable future so for Gods sake VOTE FOR SOMEONE!
On 29 Apr 2015 at 5:11pm Boris wrote:
I know that I am one of those self employed people that you all hate but for the last 2 years hard work has payed and the same can be said for the vast majority of my colleagues.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 5:15pm Doris wrote:
Boris? He`s my pimp.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 5:28pm Clifford wrote:
nevillman wrote: 'Why are you not standing yourself?'
Nevillman, if you dig a bit more deeply into political thought you may have heard that many people prefer the concept of 'delegated democracy' rather than 'representative democracy'. There is absolutely no point in either voting in or standing for a place in a form of democracy you do not believe it.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 5:31pm Boris wrote:
Clifford,I felt sure you would be voting for Milliband now that he is friends with you idle the multi millionaire Brand.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 5:50pm Doris wrote:
Boris?Yes his businessss is booming he has a string of us out on the streets.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 6:09pm Boris wrote:
Sorry Doris but I don't understand your post.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 6:15pm Doris wrote:
Oh Boris,your the one,the big one,my big Tory bull,Oh,Oh, you`re the best,the very best,you`re so masterful.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 6:17pm Boris wrote:
Intresting!
On 29 Apr 2015 at 6:20pm Doris wrote:
I just love selfish stupid men they are SO sexy.Fourty shades of blue.Beat me Boris,beat me.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 6:28pm Boris wrote:
Why do think I'm selfish and stupid?
On 29 Apr 2015 at 6:53pm my town wrote:
my big x will go to U K I P the only party that is standing up for the people.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 7:26pm nevillman wrote:
Clifford. I see little evidence that NOTAB is expressing a preference for delegated democracy. Please tell me what it is. I have looked it up but there is not much on it. Personally I do not want to get involved in detailed discussion on the minutiae of political decisions so am happy that professional politicians exist to do this. The only control we have over them is a chance to vote them out of office. This is why everyone should vote. Vote for the candidate who is most likely to bring in delegated democracy or stand for it yourself and convince me I should too.
On 29 Apr 2015 at 7:35pm Horace wrote:
Vote UKIP
On 29 Apr 2015 at 7:50pm True blue wrote:
After seeing some of the Tories recent canvass returns, I can guarantee you that UKIP are not making any inroads into Maria's numbers. Although Labour and Green are nowhere in this race, any votes here will likely be lost ones from Norm. Lewes Constituency will soon be blue!!
On 29 Apr 2015 at 8:05pm Old Bloke wrote:
@NOTAB - are you Russell Brand the renowned bully of pensioners and now advisor to Ed Milliband
On 29 Apr 2015 at 8:58pm Just askin' wrote:
It's perfectly understandable that you hate Brand, or indeed anybody with the power to enfranchise the disenfranchised, you don't want your blue rinse election being infiltrated by horrible youths who often won't vote Tory.
I reckon people would be more interested to know why you sometimes post as Old Bloke, sometimes as Boris?

On 29 Apr 2015 at 10:14pm Mark Twain wrote:
as I've said before....If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it !

On 29 Apr 2015 at 10:16pm Old Boris wrote:
Coz I`m an old winker.

On 30 Apr 2015 at 11:06am NOTAB wrote:
Debate! Loving it.
nevillman, I am voting, just not for any of the current breed.
Old Bloke, The Brand & Ross show which I presume you are referring to recieved two complaints after broadcast, one related to the infamous voicemails left for Andrew Sachs.
Once the good old Daily Mail created a bandwagon, the complaints rolled in. The Daily Mail, FYI, is owned by Lord Rothermere, a man who inherited his "non-dom" status from his father. A status which means he can live full time in the UK and pay a fraction of the tax and his entire family benefit from inheritance tax loopholes assuring the wealth stays within the gene pool.
That seems really fair doesn't it?
It's all about context, you see?

On 30 Apr 2015 at 9:02pm Just askin' wrote:
Inherited from a Nazi supporter that is, Rothermere's father was a great fan of Hitler.
You have to wonder, do it's owners still hate England so much, that's why they're constantly printing stories trying to make us hate each other.

On 4 May 2015 at 8:33pm femidom nomdom condom wrote:
Why would you vote for the least worst? I keep hearing the " if you dont vote you have no right to moan" nonsense and it drives me insane.
Thats like saying vegetarians have no right to comment on animal welfare or anything to do with it...when their views are often the reason for BEING vegetarian. Its like saying you must eat meat to have a right to defend your being vegetarian. NONSENSE. If you dont believe in any of the parties or in fact believe they are ruining the country and screwing us over, why on earth would you vote for them?

They ALL (worst of all the tories) prioritise money and businesses over people. Stop cutting, there is more than enough money, just most of it is in the hands of 1%. They don't even need it so howabout we all just wake up and stop pretending that voting will make any significant difference (all beit one party might kick out foreigners, others might raise council tax by a few quid, others might take away a few bob here and a few bob there but it will stay the same overall).
Give us someone to vote for and who has the bottle to step out side the system that clearly doesnt work, and we will!

11 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Down the Pan 31:143
Down the Pan

I'm very happy for you then. How are you going to use it? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams