Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Snowdrop Dead or alive.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 8:36pm Dog in a Cape wrote:
Is the Snowdrop still up and running? I've been fancying a pint lately, and seeing its me birthday on monday thought I would venture out. or should I go to the John Harvey, decisions, decisions.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 9:31pm me wrote:
unless 1 man and his pint is your cup of tea i would go the john harvey

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:17pm Dog in a Cape wrote:
Oh. it was like that the last time i went about 5-6 months ago.
I keep hoping.
It wasn't so bad when the chief was alive.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:41pm Frak wrote:
It seems to go in fits and starts, one day it'll be busy, then 2 weeks later it'll be dead. Not quite sure what's going on there, but it's a gamble as to what atmosphere you'll get.

On 12 Dec 2008 at 11:34am Mystic Mog wrote:
I think we have to visit it more to keep it going

On 12 Dec 2008 at 7:42pm Lewes Laugher wrote:
I think I'll be leaving it till the summer before I walk down there to see how things are.

On 13 Dec 2008 at 12:59pm lopster wrote:
look out for band nights - comes alive then!!!

On 13 Dec 2008 at 3:20pm Mystic Mog wrote:
There is one tonight.

On 13 Dec 2008 at 7:30pm Lopster wrote:
thanks MM - see you there?

On 14 Dec 2008 at 8:43pm Pearlie wrote:
I must say I thought it was a good night, music was brilliant, atmosphere good but it might be a good idea to provide toilet roll(none to be found) and air fresheners, as the smell of the toilet wafting through the bar is eyewatering.
Verdict: Alive and humming.

On 14 Dec 2008 at 9:18pm zola wrote:
The smoking ban has a bit to do with that Pearlie....My brother works in a pub in Brighton.He says the smell of the toilets is more...'Aromatic ' these days.But the lack of loo roll is really unforgiveable.
I used to work in the Snowy years ago when Tim and Sue were there.
The Miss Alternative Lewes nights were great....The place was really humming.Maybe it's cos I'm older...But the place has definately lost its heart.

On 14 Dec 2008 at 9:55pm Pearlie wrote:
Ah now you come to mention it I have heard tell that pubs are a bit more pongey these days, but there again they did have both toilet doors wedged open with a brick...!!
I'm not a fussy mare, I don't mind roughing it a bit, I've been to many a festival and camped all over but I was prepared and took my own loo roll! Oh and I didn't pitch my tent next to an open toilet door, first rule of a festival..
It does look like it's seen better days, but perhaps there's potential for someone to give it a make over..

On 16 Dec 2008 at 2:50am Angry of Lewes (Retd) wrote:
Zola from what I've read it sounds like the place still is humming - even going to a concert now allows you to smell the arses of the 10 people nearest you AND what they've had for tea everytuime they open their mouths - bring back the fug of pub - sticky mild soaked carpets and woodbine woodgrain on the furniture

On 20 Dec 2008 at 9:53pm Fredik Eich wrote:
Very much dead and will remain dead so long as the smoking ban remains. Ironic seeing as the snowdrop was one of the first, if not the first pub in lewes to have a non-smoking section over ten years ago. Lewes night life has taken a nose dive since the ban. Very sad. What does Lewes district council do about this - nothing. The snowdrop was a great place to go to from 89 onwards and now it is just souless shell.

On 21 Dec 2008 at 1:12am Lopster wrote:
agreed FE but also I agree with the great Lopster - lookout for BAND nights - last night (friday) the place was jumpin' - unlike LAST weeks gig -although good the mid-Europeean (Yiddish) fiddle'n'guitar folk did not set the place alight like yesterday!!!

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Southover Grange and Gardens 117:143
Southover Grange and Gardens

Extinction Rebellion, the ecological protest group founded in 2018, has initiated its “Summer Uprising”. Namely, blockading roads... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The Grange Gardens, and the way the teashop has the most odd mixture of china from the charity shops
Jojo