Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

School hill surgery

On 19 Mar 2018 at 9:05am Sick wrote:
Why can't I book an appointment online anymore??? Very inconvenient!
On 19 Mar 2018 at 9:20am dotty wrote:
new regime you have to have a phone consultation first and then they decide if you need to be seen just phoned for a appointment and told that a doctor will call
On 19 Mar 2018 at 9:26am Sick wrote:
Sounds awful. why should I discuss my personal medical issues with a non medical receptionist?
On 19 Mar 2018 at 9:38am dotty wrote:
I also object to that but they are the gatekeepers and no way round it as I have found out this morning
On 19 Mar 2018 at 9:41am The people wrote:
Over 160 people did not attend appointments in February so that is a big problem. Patients also have a responsibility.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 9:54am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
St Andrews is the same. It's a complete pain when you have a job that makes it difficult to take personal calls during the working day.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 10:13am Sick wrote:
In this day and age,people like to go online and book an appointment, NOT spend 1/2hour trying to get through to a dr's receptionist.
A backward step in my view. I suppose they are doing this as they are merging with other surgeries who do the same. I like school hill because it was easier to make an appointment.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 11:29am Ed Can Do wrote:
The worst thing is having to listen to the minute long recording telling you to call an ambulance if you're having a heart attack before it even starts ringing. It is a bit frustrating but given the kinds of completely pointless things some people take to the doctor and how many people miss appointments it does make sense. I've rung up in the past, been called back within the hour, been diagnosed and had a prescription sent through to Bakers ready for me to pick up a couple of hours later. To be honest it was pretty convenient and saved me traipsing all the way into town to sit waiting at the doctors for twenty minutes while the previous appointment overran then wait again at the chemist afterwards. A five minute phone call followed by a ten minute trip into town to the chemist later in the day is definitely better than taking at least an hour out for the same result.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 3:31pm Staying in wrote:
School hill is a shockingly bad practice on many levels, from the reception to the doctors. Best avoided altogether.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 3:36pm Local drinker v wrote:
Staying in: Perhaps you could tell us why “School Hill Practice ‘shockingly bad on many levels”? That’s rather a sweeping statement and rather unfair to all who work there.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 4:38pm dotty wrote:
School is a very good surgery just a nuisance when the gatekeepers want to know all your history
On 19 Mar 2018 at 5:31pm The major wrote:
Never had a single issue with School Hill in the 30 years I’ve been there. Always had top service from receptionist, nurses and doctors
On 19 Mar 2018 at 6:46pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
"Over 160 people did not attend appointments in February so that is a big problem"
I wonder how many tried to ring and cancel, but couldn't get through?
St Andrews do a text reminder thing, where you can cancel just by texting back "cancel". That's saved me "missing" appointments when I've been delayed at work.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 6:47pm Local drinker v wrote:
We have always been very happy with School Hill Surgery over 14 years. Which is why I asked Staying In why they made such a blanket condemnation?
On 19 Mar 2018 at 6:59pm Doctor Foster wrote:
They’ve all changed to this presumably in preparation for joining together.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 8:58pm The people wrote:
Staying in, you are so wrong. If you have these issues I assume you have formally reported them rather than use forum for scandalous comments.
On 20 Mar 2018 at 11:31am Ed Can Do wrote:
ACT, School Hill have exactly the same text reminder and cancelling system, have had it since May last year.

I also can't say I've ever had to talk about anything medical to a receptionist, you ring up, say you want to see a doctor and they take your details and tell you one will call you back, simple as that. I've also found it incredibly easy to book blood tests when needed and the doctors there are really helpful. Maybe it's because with a long term health condition I see them more than most but I've got nothing but praise for the School Hill team.

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Brian_the_Snail_Lewes 14:132
Brian_the_Snail_Lewes

You have no common sense TOM, you just fear change. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone