Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Rude Cyclist post ref 1st May Police Car

13
11
On 1 May 2013 at 2:23pm Cyclist1978 wrote:
Just wanted to clarify the facts, I do not like to be victimised by people have no real idea what they are talking about...
LOL! 25mph! Police car had to take 'avoiding action' LOL Funny how one sided these things are! True story, I was doing about 15 mph (at most) on cobbles. I motioned the Police officer to move, he did so then changed his mind! Aimed his car at me to tell me I was going the wrong way up a one way street - you know the contraflow for cyclists on Cliffe High Street...
I am considering taking action with the Police car involved AND I have GPS which proves how fast I was going AND I was having to take evasive action not vice versa, GET YOUR FACTS right before accusing someone of illegal, stupid or dangerous actions.
Good idea to remember that karma will get you in the end.
10
5
On 1 May 2013 at 2:28pm Cyclist1978 wrote:
p.s. Wish I could ride at 25mph over cobbles, I would be being paid a lot of money to win the Paris - Roubaix (look it up)
9
10
On 1 May 2013 at 2:54pm Jezza wrote:
Why don't you lycra monkeys just naff off.
1. You don't pay road tax.
2. None of you pay attention to the highway code.
3. You look ridiculous. I mean seriously, lycra?
5
12
On 1 May 2013 at 3:02pm Cyclist1978 wrote:
Hey Jezza, love the show. As I have very little intellect and an IQ of 5 please explain 'Road Tax'? What is the Highway code? Oh and I make lycra look good, you want some, I can get it cheap?
Any chance 'Jezza' I could ask for your help in bringing the old Leyland Test Track back into use? Be great for driving my sports car round (I have no road tax only VEHICLE EXCISE DUTY) and we could hold car, bike, motor bike and other races round it. With your celebrity I am sure we could get a campaign going. I could give you 20 fags and a pint to show my gratitude?
13
7
On 1 May 2013 at 3:07pm Pedestrian wrote:
Cyclist1978, just accept that in this case you were in the wrong. Your speed was such that you could not take avoiding action hence the police car had no choice. You clearly have no road sense or consideration for pedestrians. Imagine for a moment that a small child had walked from behind the parked vehicle you were passing this morning (no mention made of that in your post because that was why the police car had to take avoiding action, it was on your side and therefore the onus was on you to slow down and be prepared to stop), you would have killed them, no doubts at all.
Slow down and dont cycle through the pedestrianised part of Cliffe High Street please either (no mention made of that in your post as you are surely guilty of that too).
You're right about karma too, just not right about police cars.
9
13
On 1 May 2013 at 3:24pm Cyclist1978 wrote:
Nope, sorry, I was exercising my legal right to cycle through Cliffe High Street, I did not cycle through the precinct (this is illegal and rude to other road users and pedestrians). The police car made room and changed his mind to tell me off for riding down a one way street, facts are it is a cyclist contraflow. I was out of the saddle due to the vibrations from the cobbles so it may seem I was going faster than I was. It is not pedestrianised, it is a restricted road to which cyclists have access. And as I was travelling at less than 15 (12mph actually, checked my GPS and my GPS enabled smart phone) and I was on my side of the road. Also by Karma I mean if I was breaking the law (I was not) and/or being inconsiderate, then I deserve punishment. I suggest you look up the local road layout and traffic laws (the Speed limit is 20 mph!) and get your facts right. I personally cannot stand cyclists who break the law as it gives me a bad name. I do not jump lights, cut people up, ride on the pavement etc etc as I would have no just voice if I did. Perhaps you should get YOUR facts correct and your house in order before throwing accusations at others. I CLEARLY have lots of road sense and consideration for other road users (having cycled for 27 years and being involved in youth sport and road safety campaigns (for all road users) and I take issue with a person who in fact was using a alternative method of transport. Oh and the Road Tax argument is always given by those that have an IQ of less than 5! Vehicle Excise Duty (I have two cars and pay this) goes into the treasury and is then divided up with all the other tax revenues. It is based on the amount of damage your vehicle does to the environment. Your arguments on this item dictate all 0 emissions vehicles (which pay no VED/Road Tax) should also be banned from our roads.....
4
3
On 1 May 2013 at 3:33pm Jezza wrote:
Thank you Cyclist1978 for your offer of cheap lycra, I must admit that it is a fetish of mine. Perhaps I shall dress my butler up as a cyclist at weekends.
Please don't feel that you have to explain your inferior IQ. It is completely understandable. It is well known that constantly pedaling away like a jumped up hamster restricts blood flow to the brain.
p.s. Hands off the Leyland Test Track. That is where I practice my handbrake turns for the ladies ;-)
7
4
On 1 May 2013 at 4:25pm mickyboy wrote:
citing GPS data is irrelevant as inaccuracies are built in deliberately. it is also pointless harping on about you walked in the pedestrian area, as that was not your point, the issue is simple was the police officer correct in his actions, I once had a useless PC stand up in court and state he had to jump out the way of my vehicle as I violently accelerated at him (I was stationary outside wynn baxters in school hill, driving a 1967 diesel landrover with a two horse rice box on tow with two mares in it) luckily Luther Cornwall was the chairman of the bench and as a farmer he could see the ridiculous statement for what it was, in my case I (and the bench) had a good laugh at the coppers expense, in your case why not do the same and put it down to experience,
10
4
On 1 May 2013 at 5:41pm Pedestrian wrote:
Thanks for all your points cyclist1978. As a cyclist you probably dont watch much of a popular TV show called Top Gear. They often talk about "numpty" drivers of motor vehicles following the instructions on their GPS's units without actually looking out of the window to see they are about to drive into the sea or up mountain. Your GPS is clearly malfunctioning as you passed me very very fast indeed, faster than any car should safely traverse that piece of road because it is a busy shopping street even at 9.30am. You probably make that trip very regularly and if this exchange serves only to slow you down a little, then it will have served its purpose. Most RTA's happen within a mile of your own home. Familiarity breeds complacency.
8
5
On 1 May 2013 at 6:42pm Boris wrote:
I'm fed up to the back teeth with these absolute Wallys who shave their legs, wear stupid clothes and to be frank are a complete and utter danger on our roads.
Riding 2 a BREAST has become a common thing as has riding on the pavement, going the wrong way down one way streets and cycling to fast without care in areas where pedestrian share the right of way ie Cliffe High street and the river path.
I hope that the police start to crack down on these Geeks.
3
8
On 1 May 2013 at 7:33pm SHS wrote:
Not completely relevant but I often see pedestrians walking down the road ignoring the pavements on both sides. Even mothers with pushchairs and babies, walking down the middle of the street (not at 25mph though...).
I'll now pass judgement on this case: the cyclist is right, everyone else is wrong.
2
2
On 1 May 2013 at 11:01pm Drivel Dibble wrote:
Boris put your teeth back in mate your sounding stupid.
Its getting boring reading this right wing drivel on here all the time.
3
1
On 1 May 2013 at 11:05pm Oracle wrote:
You are all numpty's. It';s not the cyclists or the pedestrians or the motorists at fault. It's the human beings. They are all at fault. Couldn't give a toss about each other. Will never change so put up and shut up.
2
 
On 2 May 2013 at 7:59am In the know wrote:
Oracle: That's about the most profound thing i've read on here. Absolutely 100% correct. They all talk civilised but when it really matters they couldn't care less about anyone else but themselves.
3
 
On 2 May 2013 at 11:03am belladonna wrote:
The other day I was almost physically barged off the pavement (I walk with a stick) by a couple of women who were talking loudly about what lovely shops Lewes has. They did not attempt to move over at all and hogged the whole path forcing me to step into the road. Obviously they did not see me at all as they wandered around AS IF THEY OWNED THE BLOODY PLACE ! Oracle I agree completely - no one gives a toss. For my own satisfaction I responded to their conversation with the observance that Lewes had lovely shops AND inconsiderate tourists on narrow pavements. I don't think they got it.

7
3
On 2 May 2013 at 12:19pm Mike Hunt wrote:
Just a quick point for 'Pedestrian':
I have a feeling that your guage of speed is almost as warped as your sweeping generalisation and misunderstanding of GPS systems. The professional cyclist Fabian Cancellara who last month won the Paris-Roubaix averaged a speed of approximately 27mph across cobbles. If this wreckless, child endangering, lycra monkey (aka Cyclist1978) had been going 25mph down the cobbles of Cliffe High Street then it sounds like Wiggins had better pull his finger out for this years Tour de France.
And on that bombshell please crawl back under what ever rock you were watching Top Gear, I'm sure Jeremy Clarkson will be there waiting for you. He would however have to practice common sense getting there, he might have to stick to the pavements of Cliffe Hight Street and check both ways before crossing the life endangering contra-flow restricted road.
P.S. He did not cycle through the pedestrianised section of Cliffe High Street, he followed the road. The road being the long stretch of cobbles with pavement either side. The road which has cyclist contra-flow signs at either end. The road which turns around the Riverside Centre. The road which most people look both ways before crossing.
4
1
On 2 May 2013 at 1:17pm Penguin wrote:
@cyclist1978 - I think you may be getting confused. Cycling within the boundaries of the law, and cycling in a manner that is considerate to other road/pavement users, are two completely different things.
3
5
On 2 May 2013 at 2:17pm Cyclist1978 wrote:
Thanks Mike!
This is my last post as I do not feel the need to justify myself to anyone on the basis I was doing nothing wrong and indeed in a court of law you would, quite frankly, be laughed at and maybe charged with wasting time.
Some quick points for those interested, my GPS uses military grade satellite technology used by airlines and military all over the world. People using GPS get lost in the main due to bad mapping software or inaccurate entry of location. The airlines and military seem to get where they are going all the time. The speed on my GPS is indicated by pulses sent via a magnet (located on the wheel) and a reed switch (located on the forks). This counts how many times the wheel turns per second and calculates speed from that. GPS (although a bit granular, you need a GPS net to get the accuracy down from 3cm to 5mm) is very accurate, to the point at which some police forces are considering using the GPS in vehicles as evidence of your true speed.
I am not wrong, in fact I am reporting the police officer today using all the irrevocable evidence, GPS, GPS Phone tracks and old fashioned Speed = Distance/Time. If I knew who you were I would invite you to join me and try to ride over the cobbles on my bike at 25mph. If you can do this, I will give you a crisp clean £10 note! Oh and I think my camera was working, but this I will have to check.
He (Mr Police Officer) stopped to tell me I was riding the wrong way, not about my speed and not about my manner, he also aimed at me because I motioned him to move over to his side of the road to which he took offence. Just because he is a police officer, it does not make him right!
I was riding in a considerate way and was indeed slowing right down as I was about to stop at the riverside centre. The bike was jarring across the surface and it may have seemed I was going faster than I was, for this I apologise, next time I will slow down space time so as not to scare you or your friends too much.
Hey Mr Pedestrian , you are seemingly a very self righteous, clueless, ill educated, bigoted, likely and a busybody (or moron) with far too much time on your hands. Now go away and get a life. Stop victimising and criticising that which you clearly do not understand. If you continue to post irrelevant rubbish I will find you and report you for your slanderous actions on this forum. I am sure there is some legal route I can go down to force you to apologise for your comments.
I think you should always establish the actual evidence and consider it carefully next time before you throw accusations around.
Finally, I cannot stand rude, uncouth or downright dangerous cyclists myself, in particular those that disobey the traffic regulations and cause people like ‚??pedestrian‚?? to target riders such as myself.
End of story
2
4
On 2 May 2013 at 2:23pm Cyclist1978 wrote:
oh sorry one last thing...
In the UK we ride/drive on the left hand side of the road, I was, funny this, on the left side of the road, so not avoiding just thought that if you 'witnessed' this you would have got that straight away. Also the road sign outside the riverside centre (behind Forfars) depicts this in a fantastic, well designed and well placed manor. Clearly Mr Police Person and Pedestrian cannot read road signs, I hope Pedestrian does not drive as this is detrimental to other road users safety!
4
1
On 2 May 2013 at 2:31pm deluded fool wrote:
I do hope that all the people criticising this cyclist never end up on a jury. The cyclist may be right, or wrong, I din't see , but the bias expressed by some of the above would be laughable if it wasn't disturbing. Yes yer honour, the cyclist must be guilty coz cyclists .... disregarding what actually might have happened.. are all evil, and wear stretchy fabric. THEY ALL SHAVE THEIR LEGS, THEY ARE SUBHUMAN!!!!!!!! (faints from horror in describing such two-wheeled evil). Whoever has written this stuff should re-read it and imagine what someone like me, a complete stranger, who does ride a bike (slowly) makes of it. Maybe pop down the psychologist for a check up.
If the cyclist does get an apology, please do let us know. I would have a jolly good chuckle.
2
 
On 2 May 2013 at 4:20pm Grandpa wrote:
The cyclist threads started with a quite justified criticism of bad behaviour exhibited by some cyclists. It does seem to have ballooned into a crit of what they wear. The same could be said of some golfers - an ad on TV does just that, but without implying that all golfers wear loud clothes. Let's get back to the point, which involved not riding on the pavement, having and using a bell to warn pedestrians of your approach, not cycling deliberately slowly when you are aware there is a queue of cars waiting to pass you, not spitting..... shall I go on, leaving out the lycra?! How is that objectionable?
3
3
On 2 May 2013 at 4:36pm Pedestrian wrote:
Methinks he doth protest too much readers.
I have not named you as I dont have a clue who you are so don't threaten to try and "find" me and do something legal or otherwise to me you idiot. The people who run this forum probably know exactly who I am so if you want to go legal, go ahead and contact them. When they have finished laughing at you (it might take a bit of time) they will tell you to sling your hook as well.
Lastly, when a police officer signals to you, next time, I suggest you stop. They may not always be right but you should take notice of their instructions. Ever heard of the old adage "never assume anything" ? To assume that you were in the right and that you knew exactly what he was trying to signal to you, belies just what an arrogant person you are.
3
1
On 2 May 2013 at 4:37pm deluded fool wrote:
It's not :-)
I'm not aware that this cyclist (above) t was doing any of those, but am interested to look at the other thread.
I also think that even if we see 5 cyclists a day spitting, riding on the pavement (my pet hate) etc etc, it doesn't excuse the sort of people above creating a nasty biased stereotype that bears no relationship with most cyclists.
It is also worth remembering that we should pick our battles wisely, and alienating loads of nice cyclists with this nonsense is not wise., big or clever.
Especially if it turns out that this cyclist was not spitting, not riding on the pavement, not going the wrong way down a street, not cycling into pedestrians and was not breaking the legal speed limit.
3
5
On 2 May 2013 at 4:53pm Cyclist1978 wrote:
Pedestrian, seems like you want to pick a fight! Grow some mate, you make me laugh, in the immortal words of Monty Python 'I fart in your general direction', next time you see me stop me (if you have the nuts or genitalia that suits you ooh er missus!) and I will make you o intensive hill repeats until you have a coronary, now that sounds fun. I now think most people on here are laughing at you byeee
1
1
On 2 May 2013 at 5:38pm Grandpa wrote:
Deluded fool - you persist in missing the point. No one is stereotyping all cyclists, just the ones who behave badly. Read more carefully.
2
3
On 2 May 2013 at 7:38pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Cyclist 1978-with all your spiel about military grade GPS technology used to pinpoint the position of your century-old form of transport, I can only assume that you have nothing better to do with your life than pedantically ride around looking for trouble.
1
 
On 2 May 2013 at 8:53pm Knob wrote:
Someone knock Norman baker over
2
 
On 2 May 2013 at 9:29pm Ed Can Do wrote:
If nothing else, you're not actually allowed to own military grade GPS technology without a military import license for it. All civilian GPS is limited to being accurate to ten metres at best to stop people using it to target home-made missiles. Same applies to military grade night vision as I found out when I was buying some night vision goggles for my dad to go bat spotting, not that I was planning on spending five grand but it's always fun looking at the high end of the Google search results.
 
 
On 3 May 2013 at 1:50am Deluded Fool wrote:
Um. Grandpa. If you read my post more carefully, you will see I was agreeing with your single comment, when i answered 'it's not ' (objectionable). I also expressed an interest in the other thread/s you referred to, that I hadn't seen.
I then moved on and said a little more about the people on this thread ( which is the only one I have actually read) who, if you read it properly from the beginning, are stereotyping cyclists. (Boris and Jezza). I have no idea what you have written elsewhere, so i can't agree, or not agree with it.

I cannot 'persist in missing the point' , when I have already agreed with yours, and my point isn't the same one that was made somewhere else! :-)
One has to laugh.




2
 
On 3 May 2013 at 2:01am Darned Fool wrote:
....in addition I have now read the other thread, and I also agree Grandpa with almost everything you have said there too. The only thing I really do not like, is people calling cyclists 'they' as if all cyclists are the same. People should write ' inconsiderate cyclists do such and such' or something similar. There is no 'they' in the same way that I wouldn't write 'old people, they all drive badly and slowly, and shouldn't be allowed out on the roads ' We all know there are some old people like that , but the term 'they' is unhelpful, and indicates prejudice and bias.
(PS. I don't own a bike)
1
 
On 3 May 2013 at 7:24am Grandpa wrote:
Thanks, DF. I think the problem was that some of the posts have spoken of "rude" cyclists, or equivalent, and other posts have followed which didn't think it necessary to redefine the cyclists. If you hadn't read all the posts yours was an understandable impression.
 
 
On 3 May 2013 at 7:39am Wiggo wrote:
I don't shave my legs...just my balls
 
 
On 3 May 2013 at 8:18am ooch wrote:
Do you use a plain, razor or electric implement?
Im fed-up of problems with sticky medical tape on my nicks.
 
 
On 3 May 2013 at 8:24pm Frankie wrote:
Can't beat your ball bag being waxed and arse crack
 
 
On 9 May 2013 at 5:58pm Cyclist1978 wrote:
@Wiggo - back sack n crack huh LOL
 
 
On 23 May 2013 at 8:36am Teacher wrote:
I hope the children from priory school who were criticised for their end of school behaviour read this. They will then see how real grown ups behave.


1 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Cliffe Tableau 2019 25:132
Cliffe Tableau 2019

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams