Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Railway land

30
5
On 19 Apr 2017 at 6:32pm Kestrel wrote:
Since when has railway lands turned into a park for dogs to run free and scare the wildlife that inhabits it. Saw three dogs chasing heron from ditches. Thought it was nature reserve ....
9
33
On 19 Apr 2017 at 6:42pm numberjack wrote:
It is a nature reserve, dogs chasing other animals is nature!
Herons eat fish, should we stop them going to the railway land?
Fish eat small aquatic animals, should we eradicate the fish from the railway land?
Or should Kestrel fu....off??......
35
8
On 19 Apr 2017 at 7:32pm Numberjackass wrote:
Domesticated animals chasing wild animals isn't nature. It's hunting or sport under the control of Man. It's a nature reserve. Clue is in the title.
8
18
On 19 Apr 2017 at 9:35pm Oh yes? wrote:
So why are there dog poo bins there then?
35
11
On 19 Apr 2017 at 9:41pm Numberjackass wrote:
To put dog poo in. It's a nature reserve. Dogs are welcome but not to chase the inhabitants whilst the owner checks his phone. God there are some thick people around
4
19
On 20 Apr 2017 at 10:54am Mrs b wrote:
Dogs chasing birds....... hello the bird can fly off....
8
13
On 20 Apr 2017 at 12:58pm Oh Yes? wrote:
Exactly Numberjackass, so they anticipate dogs being walked there. Or maybe it's mobile phones you have a problem with. Perhaps the owners should keep their eyes trained on their dog at all times. Even if that means trampling any small children that might get in their way, or treading on protected plants because they can't look where they are going.
No herons have been injured or killed by dogs have they? In fact how often to dogs catch birds at all? Never I would wager, unless they have already been shot by someone. Get a life and stop being so miserable just because you don't have a dog and someone else does. They let you in the nature reserve don't they? Have you never startled a bird?
God there are some thick intolerant people around!
11
3
On 20 Apr 2017 at 1:49pm Hot Lips wrote:
Most nature reserves either ban dogs or require them to be on a lead. Seems sensible in order to protect wildlife habitats.
10
4
On 20 Apr 2017 at 1:52pm @Oh Yes? wrote:
"God there are some thick intolerant people around! "
Yes you are aren't you...
"Perhaps the owners should keep their eyes trained on their dog at all times"
Yes of course they should, it is a legal requirement to keep control your dog in public AT ALL TIMES, if you're not even watching your dog how are you going to do that?
"Even if that means trampling any small children that might get in their way, or treading on protected plants because they can't look where they are going. "
You look with your eyes not your feet, if you can't control your dog with voice commands (ie from a distance) then it should not be off the lead.
Also if you can't walk without trampling small children you really shouldn't be in public either.
Your argument is self defeating and you're too stupid to realise it.
4
4
On 20 Apr 2017 at 2:22pm @@Oh Yes? wrote:
I think you will find, that what has actually happened here, is that you have been a victim of a wind up, and you're too stupid to realise it!
I would, however, be very interested to learn more about you technique for walking without needing to use your eyes to see where you are going. I am sure this would be a massive benefit to the visually impaired.
3
3
On 20 Apr 2017 at 2:48pm @@@Oh Yes? wrote:
And I think you'll find a windup has to end in some form of comical purpose to be a "windup", where as you're just posting moronic drivel (about as far from "comedic art" as you can get).
2
5
On 20 Apr 2017 at 3:41pm Ranger wrote:
Comical from where I'm standing!
5
4
On 20 Apr 2017 at 3:46pm Numberjackass wrote:
Well I think we can all see who's not getting any at the mo. More 'oh night then' than ' oh yes!' one of the worst rants on here for a while and that bench is set very very high. And by the way it's nesting season so the heron don't need to be caught for damage to be done to the nest. Idiot
 
11
On 20 Apr 2017 at 4:06pm Oh Yes? wrote:
Ooh, you are a laugh aren't you Numberjackass! Loving that you think I'm having a rant as well!
Still, if the dogs were destroying nests, I concede, it's not on, but I seem to remember it saying "chasing heron from ditches'. No mention of nests. Now go and have a lie down, you have obviously been over exerting yourself today and it's affecting your sense of humour.
8
2
On 20 Apr 2017 at 4:30pm Numberjackass wrote:
I was never trying to bring humour into this. It really upsets me. What do you think happens to the eggs if the bird is spooked and doesn't return? You really need to haveknowledge of a subject to join in a debate or its just ranting. Idiot
5
1
On 20 Apr 2017 at 6:18pm Hot lips wrote:
I am with you on this one numberjackass. Some people are oblivious to the natural world. Might be worth dropping a line to the manager of the reserve. Perhaps a few notices reminding dog walkers that it is nesting season might be in order. X
4
1
On 20 Apr 2017 at 7:55pm Numberjackass wrote:
Thanks hotlips. Usually post under we'vehadourfun but couldn't resist the name. Can't believe that people don't get this point. Looks like we have a new forum nutter in our midst....Oh yes! X
3
6
On 20 Apr 2017 at 9:31pm sallyat20 wrote:
I have a dog and I'm very fond of her. I also love nature and I love the railway land. I walk there daily. I do not believe the original post I think this is mischief or I think, the word is troll. 3 dogs chasing a heron? Ha. The beautiful heron who chooses to make his home in Lewes will fly off if you so much as blink as him/her. So are you trying to tell us that 3 dogs got so close to the heron that they could chase her? Did they become invisible as they approached it? Don't be daft. Concentrate your energy on something else. You could volunteer to help the Railway Land Wildlife Trust, you'll meet great people and help your community.
4
3
On 20 Apr 2017 at 9:55pm Better late than never wrote:
The deluded dog owner finally rocks up.' My little mutt wouldn't do a thing wrong'. Do you keep them on a lead? Doubt it me thinks your the troll
4
2
On 21 Apr 2017 at 9:32am Fairmeadow wrote:
Dogs off the lead are, sadly very bad news for ground nesting birds, and most waterbirds, such as nest in the Railway Land, are necessarily ground-nesting. This is what the Ashdown Forest High Court case of Wealden DC v Lewes DC was all about. Walk your dog in the railway land by all means, but on the lead please.
1
4
On 21 Apr 2017 at 9:55am Ahem wrote:
It is perfectly possible to be a dog owner and a nature lover. Not all dogs are going to terrorise birds or other creatures and if you knew anything about animals you would know this. This thread seems to be full of self righteous, self proclaimed nature experts who apparently also hate dogs and shout down anything that a dog owner might say. I walk my dog on the downs most days, but also in the Railway Land on occasions, and have never seen any dog 'terrorise' any wildlife
in either place. I'm not saying it would be acceptable if they did, just that I've never seen it. Reading some of the above posts, anyone would think that all dogs are slavering beasts set on killing everything in their path. Have an interest in nature certainly, everyone should, but educate yourself about dogs before getting all hysterical about them and their owners. How many dog haters have a cat I wonder, because they definitely terrorise and kill wildlife, and I'm sure many of them use the Railway Land as a hunting ground every night. You don't hear any rants about them though, do you!
1
 
On 21 Apr 2017 at 12:51pm bobobob wrote:
Seems sensible to use a lead. Don't want to end up like this poor chap


Watch the video »
1
1
On 21 Apr 2017 at 1:40pm Hot Lips wrote:
I have a dog. A bitch in fact. Given half a chance she would chew up anything small and hairy. Better keep your genitals well away.
2
 
On 21 Apr 2017 at 2:04pm Ooh ... wrote:
Is that the voice of experience Hot Lips?
1
2
On 21 Apr 2017 at 2:11pm Hot lips wrote:
Would be a regular occurrence without some control


12 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Meridian Line 76:143
Lewes Meridian Line

Once more onto the beach dear fiends.... Nev, I'm not trying to impress or confuse, just saying what I believe, and what I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington