Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

R.I.P

 
1
On 18 Jul 2009 at 8:07am juju wrote:
R.I.P Henry Allingham a hero and a inspiration. God Bless
 
 
On 18 Jul 2009 at 9:09am Dirk D wrote:
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.
 
 
On 18 Jul 2009 at 12:42pm Elly wrote:
God bless his soul
 
 
On 18 Jul 2009 at 2:52pm Keeley wrote:
Is he dead??
 
 
On 18 Jul 2009 at 2:54pm Rozzer wrote:
It's a blessing that he had such a good life in his later years.
 
 
On 18 Jul 2009 at 6:00pm Elly wrote:
Yes Keeley he passed away this morning
 
 
On 18 Jul 2009 at 7:18pm Mark wrote:
A true gent sadly passed away
 
 
On 19 Jul 2009 at 7:12am kitty cat wrote:
May he be happy in heaven. God bless x
 
 
On 19 Jul 2009 at 5:09pm marling wrote:
who is Henry Allingham?
 
 
On 19 Jul 2009 at 10:00pm kitty cat wrote:
I am sorry Marling. How can you say that. He was Britains oldest War Veteran. What a brave man. I just hope that you never have to go war and experience what that brave man did to save our 'proud. country. x
 
 
On 19 Jul 2009 at 10:07pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
What did he do that was brave?
 
1
On 19 Jul 2009 at 10:26pm Roly Mo wrote:
Not only was he Britain's oldest war veteran, he was also the oldest man in the world. Janet Street Preacher, did you not read the previous post-he was a war veteran, therefore brave.
 
 
On 19 Jul 2009 at 11:24pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
He was a war veteran, a conscripted soldier, I don't think it necessarily follows that he was a brave man.
He may well have been brave but I would like to know what his particular act of bravery was.
 
 
On 20 Jul 2009 at 8:16am marling wrote:
Kitty - what do you mean "how can I say that"? I didn't SAY anything. I asked a question, that's all. Put your weapons down Kitty I am unarmed.
 
 
On 20 Jul 2009 at 9:34am Spongebob wrote:
JSP...anyone who is conscripted or volunteers to be placed in the line of fire is a bloody hero in my eyes. The act of defending his country was the brave act
 
 
On 20 Jul 2009 at 3:45pm Ashley wrote:
He was not only a brave man and a hero in my eyes but he was also a very sweet dear man. If it were not for his generation our country would not be as it is now we owe those men and women more than just a lot.
Henry also has a book out called Kitchener's last volunteer for anyone that does not know who he is i suggest you buy the book it will explain all and is an excellent read.
 
 
On 20 Jul 2009 at 3:54pm Keeley wrote:
Kitty cat - what is your problem? All marling asked was who he was. Its not uncommon for someone especially an outsider to not know who he was, is it? Don't be so defensive!!
 
 
On 21 Jul 2009 at 9:13am Old Cynic wrote:
Janet Street preacher - Henry Allingham was not a conscript he was a volunteer - he wanted to join up in 1914 but his mother, who was dying, asked him not to leave her. When she died in 1915 he joied up - and saw active service in the new Flying Corps - he WAS a brave man. He was also on the national and international news as the world's oldest man and the last surviving WW1 serviceman - not sure how anyone in this media mad digital age could have missed Mr Allingham's passing.
Hope there is a great turn out for his funeral
 
 
On 21 Jul 2009 at 10:06am Janet Street Preacher wrote:
Thank you Old Cynic
 
 
On 21 Jul 2009 at 10:28am kitty cat wrote:
I don't have a problem thanks. It made the front pages in most newspapers. Nothing more than perhaps marling missed the papers! x
 
 
On 21 Jul 2009 at 5:18pm busy body wrote:
Well said Keeley! I didn't know who he was either kitty catty and that's only because I don't follow the news very much as it's so bloody depressing nowadays. Marling was only asking and I would have done the same out of curiosity. Touchy pussy!!!
 
 
On 21 Jul 2009 at 5:59pm Keeley wrote:
Well you obviously do have a problem KC, your answer was rude and patronizing! No need for it is there? All he did was ask who he was, it doesn't matter if it was on the front pages of the papers, maybe marling doesn't read them or simply didn't know who he was! Try not to be so aggressive, it does you no favours.
 
 
On 21 Jul 2009 at 8:11pm kitty cat wrote:
MEOW. I am not rude or patronising Keeley, but i would consider you both . This is the last I will say as I like to think I am a bit more mature than to get involved in this petty argument anymore x.
 
 
On 22 Jul 2009 at 5:54pm HH wrote:
Sorry kitty but you WERE both rude and patronizing, telling someone that "you hope they never have to go to war" for no good reason etc etc is uncalled for, i agree with keely
 
 
On 23 Jul 2009 at 11:13am jackal wrote:
Leave kitty cat alone. I think I can see what he/she means. Why is he /she being rude and patronising. Perhaps I missed something!
 
 
On 23 Jul 2009 at 12:15pm jackal wrote:
Anyway this is a thread about Henry Allingham. So stop bickering, Rest in Peace Mr. Allingham
1
 
On 25 Jul 2009 at 7:48pm Keeley wrote:
Thank you HH, at least you can see how rude that comment was! KC I couldn't care less what you "consider" me to be, your comment was unnecessary, FACT, leave people alone in future.


10 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Snowdrop Stairs 105:132
Snowdrop Stairs

This is a sad and infuriating subject, as so much misinformation is pushed, and the far-right lap it up as their truth. I was... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington