Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Quantitative Easing explained

On 27 Nov 2011 at 4:20pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
OK, seeing as this board has recently gone somewhat beyond local issues, I thought I would post this link to a rather scary summary of current economics. It is nominally about the Fed, but applies equally well to the Bank of England.

Watch the video »

On 27 Nov 2011 at 6:19pm Tear it up wrote:
Recently?

We used to call quantitative easy "printing money". It almost always lead to heavy inflation (or went hand in hand with it).

It is probably worth remembering that when we have inflation your debts gets smaller.

On 27 Nov 2011 at 11:27pm the old mayor wrote:
Essex Girl ask her friend 'What's Fiscal Stimulus?' 'Fink its a Cocktail, with Tequila, Vodka and Lime' Replies her mate. 'So what is Quantitative Easing then' the first one asks. 'I dunno, but I herd theys were both on the rocks!'
On 28 Nov 2011 at 12:32pm Dingo wrote:
Quantitatve easing is a kind of financial laxative rather like a supposiTORY. Large quantities of green stuff are stuffed into the constipated patient`s rear end in a misguided attempt to restore him or her`s normal functions . Repeated applications of this drastic measure eventualy causes the patient to inflate till reaching an untenable size he finaly bursts hitting any fans of the procedure in the immediate area with a foul and stinking mess, which the rest of us will inevitably have to clean up.

On 28 Nov 2011 at 12:52pm bastian wrote:
Dingo I see you have begun to write poetry..I am enjoying the words
On 28 Nov 2011 at 5:59pm Teachers Pet wrote:
Don't eat them too quick Bast***, they could choke you!

On 29 Nov 2011 at 8:19am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I thought this round of quantitative easing involved us all acting as guarantors for bank loans, so that next time the banks' reckless lending goes horribly wrong, we bail them out on an ad hoc basis instead of with huge lump sums when they're almost down the Swannee.
Sadly for the Bearded Balloonatic, this might mean that there might not be any banks to sell him at a knockdown price (after first excising the non-profitable parts, natch) after the next credit crisis.

On 29 Nov 2011 at 1:41pm Awdree wrote:
'the immediate area with a foul and stinking mess, which the rest of us will inevitably have to clean up'.Quote
So long as your master/mistress has enough poo bags we needn't worry........... When does your training start?

On 29 Nov 2011 at 5:38pm Dingo wrote:
You`re are as funny as a bag of crap Awdree,or should that be Tawdry?

On 29 Nov 2011 at 10:43pm PB is back! wrote:
We are bust! Spain and Ireland and Greece? We are joining them sooner rather than later, so get in your bunkers, those bankers (not a W but a B) are mainly to blame, along with a fool who told the Country we would never face boom or bust again. Oh well, we are only here for a while so do it in style, cheers and drown our sorrows I say. Best Peter.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Sheep 79:132
Lewes Sheep

I love that. "We don't actually need another leisure path". We are not exactly overwhelmed with leisure paths suitable for... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy