Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Police Planned Protest

On 8 Mar 2011 at 10:31pm IMEYOU wrote:
Who is going to police the planned police protest/demonstration !

On 9 Mar 2011 at 12:09am Brixtonbelle wrote:
More to the point, who is going to police it £ And will they kettle themselves if they kick off ?

On 9 Mar 2011 at 12:43am IMEYOU wrote:
I think the anti fox hunters should do the job . lol !

On 9 Mar 2011 at 6:58am boot boy wrote:
lets hope they give them selfs a good kicking !

On 9 Mar 2011 at 9:39am jrsussex wrote:
Once again we have another public sector enjoying ridiculous salary benefits who, understandably, want to retain them. The police must look at their pay and conditions and concede that they are wrong. Many forms of employment are within industries that operate 365 days of the year, involving employees working weekends and Bank Holidays. Yesterday I spoke with a PC who appeared to believe the police were the only ones in that situation, quite incredible. Just think of the dairy industry, try telling a cow it won't be milked today, it's a Bank holiday or Sunday. Less than 5 days notice of overtime and the police have to be paid double time, a nonsense. Bank holidays working, double time plus a day off in lieu, a nonsense. Too many examples to list here but public sector employees have to realise that they must perform as the private sector does, "value for money" is the key factor.
You can guarantee that if the money spent was actually their own they would make very different pay and condition deals. Spending other peoples money, in this case the taxpayers, is always very easy.
In any case most of the lost jobe can be covered by natural wastage over the next 4 years and I would suggest get rid of poorly performing officers at all levels.

On 9 Mar 2011 at 4:34pm bastian wrote:
I think other members of the public sector should be invited to police them,like a kind of job swap...then at least they'd have an incite into the inner workings of their collegues..Do police have special dusters for wiping blood off their shiney boots,if so where can I get one. jr sussex,I can't believe you just likened a copper to a cow,are you unfamilliar with the usual farm animal they are traditionally kin with.

On 9 Mar 2011 at 5:03pm jrsussex wrote:
Good point, but I was offering an example of an industry that operates every day. I chose the dairy industry because I once worked for the London Co-Op driving a milk tanker.

On 15 Mar 2011 at 3:25pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Well if you know anyone who's a police officer, the day of the protest would be a good choice of days to burgle their house.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Skate Park 104:132
Skate Park

I was quite fond of the guy. But Boris is, of course, behind the serious over-coverage; it is a welcome distraction from travel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine