Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pikies on the move

On 5 Aug 2012 at 2:06pm Taxpayer wrote:
Just followed a load more going down the field on the way to the tip.
As posted elsewhere, fencepost smashed out and fence cut.
Quite a contrast - horses and brand new cars, obviously not funded by shoddy cash in hand work and systematic benefit fraud using multiple identities - I mean - that would be illegal, wouldn't it?
On 5 Aug 2012 at 3:15pm Sarcastic Sarah wrote:
So when are Tesco going to do something about it?

On 5 Aug 2012 at 8:03pm pc wrote:
the pikies will be going out to work tonight just seen then looking around building in and around hame lane

On 5 Aug 2012 at 9:28pm Harry Potter wrote:
Oh for an invisibility cloak

On 6 Aug 2012 at 3:08am Chillie123 wrote:
What has this got to do with Tesco?
On 6 Aug 2012 at 8:32am Jack Cohen wrote:
Because, chillie123, everything is Tesco's fault. Try and keep up!

On 6 Aug 2012 at 9:03am The Twister wrote:
These gypsy types need to get a job and stop living a life of O'Reilly at the expense of the long-suffering taxpayer. I remember the time they would sit around the campfire, teaching a small child, on their knee how to make a lovely, corn-dolly. They always had a cheeky,rapscallion smile for you and would often pop round to fix holes in your household metalware, For a very reasonable charge I might add.

On 6 Aug 2012 at 11:45am Zooooooooooom wrote:
'life of O'Reilly'. The golf caddie?

On 6 Aug 2012 at 12:53pm Townie wrote:
I wouldn't fancy eating Rabbit every day.
On 6 Aug 2012 at 12:54pm jo wrote:
we say pikies out we say pickies out
y
On 7 Aug 2012 at 12:51am O`Reilly wrote:
What`s a pickie?Do you mean a pixie you dickbrain?
On 9 Aug 2012 at 12:44am AYATOLLAH HOGMANNY wrote:
Are we talking about pikies or gypos....different cultures altogether. I live opposite gypos and have done for the last 40 years, they have never been a problem and have been a lot cleaner than some of the chavs that have lived nearby, I have always found romanys to be very clean and well behaved whereas pikies are the opposite!!!!!!

On 9 Aug 2012 at 2:54pm Ticket wrote:

Hi AH,
What is the difference in cultures between gypsies and pickies ? The ones we see around Patcham (loads on the sports field at the moment) will knock down fences and grind off padlocks and them claim the gate was open when they arrived or they can't read the 'private keep out notices' and after eviction you find all their rubbish strawn around - paving, soil, rubble, garden rubbish, sometimes unwanted dogs and on occasions human waste and used nappies in the bushes.
I ask the question because most of the above appears to be carried out by 'pikies' = big cars/white vans/pickup trucks with caravans. The C4 program is called Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and also has some of the above, so are we saying that the title of that program is misleading and they shouldn't use the term gypsy ? Sadly they all seem to behave in the same way.

On 10 Aug 2012 at 2:19pm Frank! wrote:
They are still all dirty smelly scumbags who steel and tarmack everything! Kick them all out i say!!

On 11 Aug 2012 at 9:27pm demon wrote:
racists

On 12 Aug 2012 at 8:41am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:

"Pikey" is now deemed a term of racist abuse. I'm surprised it doesn't fail the built-in censor, tbh.

On 12 Aug 2012 at 10:23am Southover Queen wrote:
Well yes, ACT, but the built-in censor is presumably checking for properly spelt words, rather than the variety displayed here.

On 16 Aug 2012 at 1:14pm Gunther wrote:
They should all be shot.

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Landport bound 52:132
Landport bound

Polly as most of the responses don't seem to provide a complete answer to your question I can provide my experiences of the Lewes... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington