Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

People who voted to remain

On 26 Jun 2016 at 7:42pm Bob wrote:
These people are really starting to annoy me now. Stop acting like babies chucking their toys out of the pram. You lost get over it. How pathetic are you lot. The vote didn't go your way, shame. Either get over it or move to Scotland.
On 26 Jun 2016 at 7:45pm Bert wrote:
There'll be a day when you realise your debt to the Remainers campaigning to save the UK...if you disagree tell me what the plan is to plug the financial holes and take Britain forward? Or point me to a plan given by any pro-Brexit politician?
On 26 Jun 2016 at 7:54pm Noel Coward wrote:
As the daily espresso sail Bend Over and Take a Bow leave voters...so they can Rodger you stupid..ha ha ..chin chin.
On 26 Jun 2016 at 8:28pm leaf wrote:
I voted remain. In not having a tantrum. I'm devastated this country now seems to be full of hateful people. You've f***ed the uk and made it a very unstable future for the young. Good work xenophobes.
On 26 Jun 2016 at 8:31pm Realist wrote:
For 40 years you lot have been complaining about the EU and straight bananas or whatever and you're getting a bit peeved that we're complaining when you vote to wreck the country. Suck it up.
On 26 Jun 2016 at 10:13pm Wet dog wrote:
I voted remain, I think it's the wrong decision to leave and spells out a disaster for us in future. However the most important and fundamental aspect is that democracy prevails and I must accept the majority of the nation despite my reservations.
On 26 Jun 2016 at 10:20pm Observer wrote:
Rather than moaning about the Remain vote, perhaps you could outline for us what happens now? Or what you want to happen now?
On 26 Jun 2016 at 11:11pm Mavis wrote:
Project Fear still very much alive and thriving ,
On 26 Jun 2016 at 11:32pm Financial Times wrote:

........Banks have already begun to take action to shift operations out of the UK, but most of their staff will have to wait several months to find out how many thousands of them will be asked to move to fledgling financial hotspots like Paris, Dublin and Frankfurt.
Investment banks, who donated heavily to the Remain campaign, have reacted immediately to Britain’s referendum result, with some of London’s largest institutions approaching regulators to secure licences and lining up executives to relocate.
The big US banks — JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Citigroup and Morgan Stanley — have large operations employing tens of thousands of people in the UK. They have historically set up their regulated businesses in Britain and then used its right to “passport” into the rest of the 28-member bloc.
But lawyers are warning that after Brexit, they would likely need a new legal home base, so they are preparing to shift at least some work to cities such as Dublin, Paris and Frankfurt.
UK banks were also re-evaluating what to do with their businesses that trade EU — ...........
On 27 Jun 2016 at 7:34am Southstreeter wrote:
@Financial Times , so you've got copy and paste worked out well done , now perhaps you'd like to tell us your opinion or some things that HAVE happened not may happen .
On 27 Jun 2016 at 7:55am Bert wrote:
The reason no-one can fell us what the plan is is because there is no plan. The Leave campaigners are falling over themselves to deny responsibility for the catastrophe they know is coming and never expected because they didn't think they'd win. Duncan-Smith said yesterday there were no promises made, just a series of possibilities, Boris has said immigration numbers may not fall, Liam Fox has said a lot of things - even triggering article 50 - said in the campaign have to be reconsidered, Farage has admitted to "mistakes" in what was said, Carswell has distanced himself from the campaign, and now this too...thank God some people saw through them before it was too late. Sadly not enough.

Check it out here »

On 27 Jun 2016 at 8:13am Jonny wrote:
Don't worry people, it's never going to happen, as the establishment backtracking machine kicks into gear.
On 27 Jun 2016 at 8:22am Sussex Jim wrote:
It appears that Leave voters have generally been ordinary working people; whereas the remainers are those who work in the banking or public sectors, and more likely to lose out if jobs are transferred to Europe.
But it was a democratic vote, and a final one. Get over it.
On 27 Jun 2016 at 9:53am Brycair wrote:
I thought that on the 23rd this country held a democratic vote and that whether remain or brexit won the result was final.
Lewes was one of the main reasons this country got a parliament after the battle of Lewes, which surely meant the government of the time has to listen to the overall majority of the electorate.
We have voted, the result stands, people should get over it and hope we get some politicians with spines unlike Cameron who could not jump ship quick enough and begin to get things sorted as quick as possible.
And if the Jocks don't like it let them go back to Scotland, they need us much more than we need them.
On 27 Jun 2016 at 10:56am Get Real wrote:
It would appear that the remain group are only keen on democracy when it suits them. Now the toys are being thrown out of the pram because they lost. If it had happened the other way around I bet you any money you like they would would be saying "It was a democratic vote" etc.
Any attempt at a re -vote would undermine what little confidence people had in Government leading to the thought of "why bother voting in the future" if results get overturned?
In previous elections if your party is not voted in did you start throwing tantrums and demanding a re vote? No ! To most people if your party lost an election you accept the result and get on with life....
On 27 Jun 2016 at 11:45am jmmm wrote:
Yes, it was a democratic vote, but the turn out was not high enough for my liking. I would be happier to accept the result if the turn out had been 80% or above. If we like Australia's immigration policy then perhaps we should follow their electoral policy and adopt compulsory voting which gives a real and proper flavour of what the people actually think. Then and only then would we know what the other 28% think even if they had put in blank papers because they didn't know which option to take. It's the 28% who didn't vote that could have given a much more definitive result, either way. It's a bit like voting for PCCs on a majority of a low (10%) turn out. Ludicrous to think that it's a real vote for anything. And no, the Australians don't have the answers for everything - just some things, like electoral policy and car safety and young drivers (their under 25s deaths on the roads are so low because they are trained better and have stiffer penalties for lots of common offences in the under 25 age group.)
On 27 Jun 2016 at 12:14pm Penguin wrote:
Strange how many people keep banging on about the remain camp having lost. We have ALL lost, that is the point, but some people are too drunk on what they perceive to be a great victory that they can't, or won't, see it.
On 27 Jun 2016 at 1:01pm Bert wrote:
More profit warnings from major employers, 200,000 job losses now likely, pound still dropping and now at 31 year low, no-one running the country, no strong opposition to fill the vacuum, no plan to fix anything which is making economy worse, state owned (ie owned by us) RBS in crisis and worth 40% less than Thursday, the EU wanting us out quickly, petrol prices and therefore food prices about to rise sharply, interest rates going to be cut so our pensions are worth much less, and Scotland going to leave sooner. Brexit is going well.

On the plus side, Parliament won't pass a decision that'll harm the UK so a rejection of the referendum is made more likely the longer this goes on.
On 27 Jun 2016 at 5:35pm Liberal Basher wrote:
The people who voted to remain for a bunch of braindead morons. Thank God they lost. What a useless waste of space they are. With any luck many of them will emigrate to their beloved Europe, once the UK is independent. We can do without a bunch of spineless lefties. The majority of this country do not agree with your pathetic views.

On 28 Jun 2016 at 4:28pm Penguin wrote:
Project Fear?.... More like project Headless Chicken. Boris, Gove et al better get a plan and sort this out quickly, otherwise we really will have had it! Great Britain eh? I think not!

On 28 Jun 2016 at 8:08pm Gregory Cameron wrote:
All of your mums sell tupperware

16 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes winged messenger 90:132
Lewes winged messenger

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine