Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Parking at Tescos

 
 
On 23 Apr 2008 at 8:42pm Dahlia Rich wrote:
I am getting really fed up with the Mother and Baby parking at Tesco. I know most of you probably have no sympathy but I have to vent my frustration somewhere, and Tesco don't give a s**t. People don't seem to understand that a normal space does not give enough room at the sides to get a baby or toddler out of the car. I can't believe the amount of times that I have seen people with no kids, the disabled (would they like it if we parked in their spaces?), and works vans parking in those spaces. Something that really annoys me is when people park in those spaces who do have small children, but don't actually have the child in the car, or those with older children who are perfectly able to get in and out of a car seat by themselves. My friend who is heavily pregnant had to park in a normal space recently and was struggling to get her child in the car. She glanced over to a woman with no kids parking in the Mum & Baby, and said loudly about how she was struggling. The woman told her to f off! If Tesco moved the spaces further away, not so many people would park in them. If any of you do this, shame on you.
 
 
On 23 Apr 2008 at 9:14pm lord landport wrote:
I'm with you on that :-(
 
 
On 23 Apr 2008 at 9:58pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
"If Tesco moved the spaces further away, not so many people would park in them."
It's refreshing to have a mother who is sensible about parking, rather than the usual lazy and selfish type (the same who would park in parent and child spaces without sproggs in tow).
Good luck in your quest.
 
 
On 23 Apr 2008 at 10:15pm madge wrote:
I totally sympathise with you. Disabled people have the same problem getting in & out of cars & need the extra space provided although they do need these to be close to the store for obvious reasons if they have difficulty walking. It makes sense to put the mother & toddler spaces in the safest area like along the row facing the store or where there is a footpath. Sadly selfish people abuse these areas for no good reason including some who at times need the facility & should know better & as you say shame on them.
 
 
On 27 Apr 2008 at 4:22am Lewesianne wrote:
Totally agree Madge!!!
 
 
On 27 Apr 2008 at 5:38pm Soaked wrote:
Must just add that there is twice the amount of Disabled bays than Mother and baby spaces at lewes Tescos. I would have thought that more money would be spent by the average family than someone requiring a disabled bay.However nowadays anyone seems to be able to have a disabled badge, . But thats another topic!
 
 
On 27 Apr 2008 at 5:49pm madge wrote:
What an inane comment!
 
 
On 27 Apr 2008 at 6:56pm anon wrote:
Soaked. Go crawl in your little hole. your as bad a d.y.l. with your stupid comment!!
 
 
On 27 Apr 2008 at 10:52pm LiJo wrote:
What seems ridiculous to me is the fact that that car park is massive - I've never seen it in any way full - and yet Tesco have crammed as many spaces as they can into it. What you should do is just 'accidently' park badly and take up 2 spaces. On another note, why are there so few checkouts open on a friday evening?
 
 
On 27 Apr 2008 at 11:52pm Dunk wrote:
Lijo, my friend, try shopping at tescos on a sat or sun. Its jammed cos people use the car park also for shopping at the bottom of town. I loath people who park "accidently" in the middle of two spaces. They are as ignorant as the jerks who park in disabled and family spaces when its non applicable.
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 3:08pm Chuck wrote:
Sorry Anon, actually agree with Soaked. I know someone who has a disabled badge, but it doesn't stop her from bounding around the place. I think it is people like her,
that Soaked is talking about. My Grandmother has also got a disabled badge but she is not disabled, just elderly. And don't get me on to Heather Mills. Yes, I know she only has one leg, but it didn't stop her appearing on that dancing programme.......
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 4:22pm Its Not Rocket Science wrote:
And it doesnts stop that inbred workshy tw@t of a Traveller chav from Neville Green climbing up a ladder to put Christmas lights up (and then not bothering to take them down)
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 4:59pm anon wrote:
Hi Chuck, I know a few people that have disabled badges and yes they can get around to acertain extent but i know the pain they go through getting there also the pain relief they are on, im one of those people and i have good days and bad days, just because i dont wear a badge saying whats wrong with me does'nt give people the right to judge me or anyone else in similar situations. I would give my badge up in a flash if i could have my health back, and whats worse is my disability is'nt down to myself it's down to someone being impatient in their car, trying to get somewhere a bit faster like that idiot in Neville. Please dont judge people with badges unless you know the full reason for them having a badge, I used to judge, i suppose being abit small minded. If there is'nt a limb missing then why have they got a badge, untill i was on the receiving end and ended up with a badge myself, and im fortunate enough to have all my limbs, that excuses people like Heather Mills :-) .
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 7:16pm madge wrote:
I have to agree with anon, people without limbs missing & no obvious problems are often in considerable pain doing what other take for granted. They have to pace themselves & medicate in order to do the basics that others take for granted everyday. You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors, each day for these people can vary from being unable to leave the house one day & other days they may appear to walk quite well, please dont begrudge these people their good days! Shame on you for judging these people & being jealous of the small privilaledges provided by their badges - just be thankful you dont need this help..
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 8:23pm Chuck wrote:
I am not suggesting that those in genuine need of disabled badges are faking it, it is those people who abuse the system (like the man in Nevill who can climb ladders).
 
 
On 28 Apr 2008 at 8:35pm anon2 wrote:
CHUCK, in your last post you were talking about a woman aswell as a man up ladders. You might have a point with the man but what about the woman!
 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 8:21am Chuck wrote:
I didn't mention the woman up a ladder!!! However I do know someone who has a badge and there is nothing wrong with her, except she is a very good liar.
 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 1:54pm anon wrote:
And you know all her health problems do you? chuck if your that sure she is screwing the system then why dont you report her, but do make sure you have your facts very clearly, for example i have a badge and only my mates know my true disability, i feel why do i have to inform everyone whats wrong with me, and i have some good days, so do make sure your 100% in your facts as you could take something very important away from someone who is in need of it whilst an investigating goes on. I just hope you never ever have to depend on one of the blue badges, or need one and get turned down.
 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 3:47pm Chuck wrote:
Look, I am not disputing the fact that those with a genuine need should have a disabled badge, but I do remember on a previous post, about disabled badges, that someone said that you can phone Social Services and they will issue a badge with no medical checks. Somebody else also said that you can buy stolen badges for 50. What I am saying is that SOME people do abuse the system to the detriment of those in genuine need. I think the disabled badges are a great idea. Anyway, I thought this thread was about people parking in Parent & Child places???
 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 4:04pm madge wrote:
I think a great deal of suspicion is created about peoples need for a blue badge simply because the general public do not fully understand the difficulties these people may endure & the wide variety of reasons why a badge may be issued. If they see a person who seems on the face of it to be perfectly able bodied with a badge they assume they are screwing the system. I knew a lovely lady who while she was terminally ill with cancer would spend weeks in & out of hospital getting her morphine medication right, she refused to resort to a wheelchair & whenever she came out of hospital you would think there was nothing wrong with her. She would walk round the supermarket like everyone else & only her close friends saw her on her bad days. It took every ounce of her energy to do this & without her blue badge it would not have been possible for her to enjoy being normal now & again. When she died people were shocked as they had no idea she was ill. She was a very brave proud lady & I wonder how many people saw her with her badge & suspected her of srewing the system!
 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 4:18pm anon wrote:
It is about parking but some idiot brought up the fact that disabled people dont spend as much money as everyone else on food. Well my shopping bill is around 150 a week for my large family and thats paid before you say anything by my husband working bloody hard in the city. stick that in your pipe and smoke it.........
 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 4:18pm dave wrote:
Hi Madge
I understand completely what your saying
I have two elderly parents both with disabled badges
Neither of them drive. every now and then they require a visit to specialist health care ie sussex county. Now im not selfish enough to park in one of the disabled spaces outside the hospital but I do drive down one of the side roads and park using the disabled badge my only crime is not paying the price of a pay or display. I can be seen walking away very happy and fully able bodied I have had rows with numerous traffic wardens over this and have been informed that the owner of the badge must drive the car.
hmmmmmm they give badges to people who are disabled
ie blind, no arms etc now please dont think im mocking the disabled but who wants to see a blind man drive around the royal sussex county and park the car...
even when my parents are in the car I still use a normall space if there is one near the store in tescos.
Incase someone less able bodied needs the disabled one.
 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 4:25pm anon wrote:
Hi Madge, im so sorry to hear your story, it also happened to me with a dear friend who was terminally ill but no one knew until she went in to the hospice. I know how hard it was for me to get a badge, i had to have a full medical and a doctors report also, so god knows were these people can get one so easily when they want one. Thanks for your support on this issue.
 
 
On 29 Apr 2008 at 4:28pm madge wrote:
Err sorry Chuck but I seem to recall it was you & Soaked that made detrimental comments about disabled badge holders on this thread.
I think a great deal of suspicion is created about peoples need for a blue badge simply because the general public do not fully understand the difficulties these people may endure & the wide variety of reasons why a badge may be issued. If they see a person who seems on the face of it to be perfectly able bodied with a badge they assume they are screwing the system. I knew a lovely lady who while she was terminally ill with cancer would spend weeks in & out of hospital getting her morphine medication right, she refused to resort to a wheelchair & whenever she came out of hospital you would think there was nothing wrong with her. She would walk round the supermarket like everyone else & only her close friends saw her on her bad days. It took every ounce of her energy to do this & without her blue badge it would not have been possible for her to enjoy being normal now & again. When she died people were shocked as they had no idea she was ill. She was a very brave proud lady & I wonder how many people saw her with her badge & suspected her of srewing the system!
Before making assumptions about peoples health & what procedures they or anyone has to go through to acquire a blue badge I suggest you find out the facts instead of listening to hearsay
 
 
On 30 Apr 2008 at 8:18am Chuck wrote:
Can I just say once more I AM NOT CRITICISING THOSE WITH BLUE BADGES just those who abuse the system. I know not everybody has a visible disability and I am not critisizing those people-my father was a cancer sufferer and he had to have a blue badge, but it can't be denied that there are people out there who do have a badge that are not necessarily entitled to it.
 
 
On 30 Apr 2008 at 1:47pm Dahlia Rich wrote:
Grrr, have just been to Tescos and there was a woman with no baby (although she had a car seat) in a Mother and Baby place. She should know better. Trouble is, Tescos don't want to know, and if I said anything to anyone I risk getting my car keyed.
 
 
On 30 Apr 2008 at 3:12pm Taff wrote:
So these parking spaces are for parents with children?
Being obtuse but accurate about it, I have children, all grown now and fled the nest, 1 with children of her own, so I guess I am a parent with children, true to the word!
So why dont ALL parents just park in these spaces? Is it specified that these spaces are for parents accomponying children? I dont know? Probably dont really care either in this jobsworth environment!
 
 
On 30 Apr 2008 at 4:33pm Dahlia Rich wrote:
Tescos "Baby Club" specifies children to the age of 5, but in my opinion, if a child is able to get in and out of a car by themselves, then a normal parking space would be ok.


9 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Starfish Studios Lewes 109:132
Starfish Studios Lewes

Be careful what you wish for
The latest post on LP is:
Why are there so many ducks on The Pells

I think LP has taken over... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams