Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Parking

On 19 Jan 2010 at 3:55pm Terry wrote:
This is a note for the Idiots on Nevill Estate who think it is alright to park their cars on the corner of the roads, not only is this illegal as you are not 30 metres from the junction.
It is down right stupid and dangerous.
To be honest I may start crashing into the cars on the corner of the road just to match the stupidty.
Surely it is time for the council to do something about this, most are parking in the view of the drivers up and down the hill, it is ridiculous.
The worst road by miles is Hamsey.
For weeks a camper van parked right on the corner and now for the last week a hatch back from what looks like the 1930s has been left on the corner, as well as the "Energize" van at the other end of the road.
Parking in these spots makes the turning alot more difficult to take as you have to turn into what possibly can be oncoming traffic, and if there is you then have to reverse onto Mount Harry or Highdown once again into on coming traffic, Just park on Mount Harry or Highdown.
Don't be so selfish and inconsiderate.

On 19 Jan 2010 at 5:47pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I agree with you Terry, but the real problem is the people who have drives and garages but can't be arsed to park in them, and take up spaces on the road unnecesarily. If they didn't do that, there would be no need for anyone to park near a corner or in the next street.
People park stupidly, too. There are lots of people who park right in the middle of a pair of houses, so that they take up two spaces. And people's grown up children should leave home, and take their cars with them, to reduce the demand for parking.
Spaces in Highdown and Mount Harry are often hard to come by, it's not uncommon to have to go almost down to Caburn or up to the downs access in Firle Crescent to find a space. It's not far, I know, but if you've got loads of shopping or luggage and have to make several trips, it really does p!ss you off.
Incidentally, the camper van belongs to someone in East Way.

On 19 Jan 2010 at 5:57pm King Par wrote:
Something for a Councillor to deal with. I understand Cllr Eiloart lives (not literally) on your doorstep.

On 20 Jan 2010 at 9:37am CastleGuy wrote:
It's 10m (32 ft) not 30m. But yes bloody annoying.

On 20 Jan 2010 at 1:31pm Terry wrote:
Even with shopping or anything like that, surely they can stop outside their house then go on to park their car instead of leaving it parked dangerously on a corner.
Surely there needs to be something done about this as its stupidly dangerous, maybe we need to get some letters wrong to the Councillors before some one crashes as there are also alot of children in Nevill.

On 20 Jan 2010 at 1:46pm South Way Resident wrote:
Quite agree that people should park in their drives if they have them. The people on the opposite side of the road all seem to park in the road. Not only does this reduce the available parking, but makes it really difficult for people living on my side of the road to get in or out of our drives - especially when they park 2' from the edge of the kerb. I know this isn't the end of the world and you could say we are making a fuss about nothing, but what happens when one of their cars (or mine for that matter) get damaged because there isn't enough room to manouvre? Of course it will be my fault !

On 20 Jan 2010 at 9:54pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
The roads up here are so narrow, doing that means blocking the street, Terry. I did try it once, but had an angry person beeping at me within 30 seconds.

On 21 Jan 2010 at 10:20am South Way Resident wrote:
On the subject of blocking the roads in Nevill, those bloody arrogant people riding racehorses round the estate need to learn some respect for other road users as well. I followed a couple of them the entire length of South Way this morning, they were walking two abreast and blocking the whole road. They knew I was there because they kept looking round, but made no effort to move to the side. OK, so maybe they need to walk them on hard roads, but why the hell do they do this at the time when everyone is trying to go to work ? And why can't they just step to the side of the road to let cars past? It is possible because they let the cars coming towards them past. Sorry about that rant! they just really annoyed me this morning.

On 22 Jan 2010 at 3:07pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
It's alarming when you're walking by, and one of the horses gets spooked and they have trouble controlling them. One was rearing about and nearly backed into a group of little kids who were walking to school.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Chapel Hill Lewes 20:132
Chapel Hill Lewes

Classic reply Tom. No evidence of having read my post, understood it or made any attempt to respond to it. Didn't I make the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams