Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Osbonre's Christmas Present

On 27 Dec 2015 at 8:59am Fairmeadow wrote:
Was of course to the top bankers who he relies on to pay for his campaign to succeed David Cameron. News carefully hidden in a release while you were otherwise occupied.

Check it out here »
On 27 Dec 2015 at 9:57am PN wrote:
There were only two possible results to this Mugabe-esque posturing . One, that the City became denuded of the management of banks or two, that a fresh rung of "Its not my fault and I can prove it " box ticking was invented . This would devolve formal responsibility to the employees who would then , in this crazy world go to work under threat of personal actions as they worked .
As the latter is an easy task then that would be it at a guess .
Abandoning the principle of innocent until proven guilty was already a pretty appalling idea and I have absolutely no doubt that the legal problems and consequences are what has dissuaded the Lords
Even if I were to accept the forlorn conspiracy theory being touted by Fairmeadows new Trotskyist chum the Corbynite troll Burgon ,I see now political need whatsoever for Osborne to do any more than stay alive to earnt their gratitude given the alternatives.
Burgon the low browed nobody whose membership of the shadow cabinet required the absence of just about all serious Labour polticians is, in any case, a busted flush
He has signed up to support for the IRA agreement with insane money printing as a solution to fiscal troubles a long history of anti Semitism a wish to leave NATO abandon Trident get rid of the army . That s the way it looks anyway
Perhaps Fairmeadow can prove these allegations are false ?
If not ..take him down !

On 27 Dec 2015 at 2:37pm Clifford wrote:
So, PN, anyone who wants justice for the state the bankers got us into is a 'Trotskyist', eh? You'll find there must be a lot of Trots around if that's the case. People are sick of the way the bankers got away with it, sick that they're back on the bonus train, and sick that it is all going to happen again unless these sharks are controlled. They contribute nothing to society but simply gamble with wealth created by other people's work.
On 27 Dec 2015 at 4:01pm A Person wrote:
Honestly, Paul, you really should do a lot better than that. The scale of the crisis, and the extent to which it poisoned the entire financial and insurances industries right round the world, suggests that there was a crucial failure of oversight at the highest levels in banking right round the world. If the board members of these institutions didn't know what was going on then they bloody well should have done, and it's hardly Trotskyite to suggest that leaders should be responsible for the actions of their juniors. No-one's suggesting that they be convicted without trial, just that they can't be allowed to duck (and escape with all the cash) by announcing that "they didn't know it was going on". They should have done: it's their job to know what was going on, or hire someone who did if they haven't the wit.

Remember Nuremberg? "I was only following orders"? It works both ways.

On 27 Dec 2015 at 9:46pm Mark wrote:
Paul Newman clutching at a few straws.

On 28 Dec 2015 at 9:41am PN wrote:
A person - Are you suggesting that anyone who runs his business badly should be sent to prison unless he can prove he didn`t intentionally do so or is this just bankers ?

On 28 Dec 2015 at 11:36am A Person wrote:
Nope. I'm suggesting that a leader should be responsible, legally and morally, for the actions of those s/he employs and s/he should actively enquire when a sector starts to out-perform expectations.

"senior bankers would have to demonstrate that they did not know about bad practices in the institutions they run."

This is hardly onerous. I happen to think it should apply to newspapers too, so that editors cannot claim ignorance of the actions of their employees a la Rebekah Brooks.

On 1 Jan 2016 at 3:01am Corbynista wrote:
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask not a pinstriped suit when he was robbing you blind.Osborne is aiding and abetting.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Downward dog 33:132
Downward dog

TP 15 Sep - 21-49: I simply don't understand how my "options" do not refer to the current situation. Are you seriously... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde