Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Opportunity

4
5
On 24 Jun 2016 at 11:31am Mark wrote:
I see this as an excellent opportunity. Lewes and Brighton should succeed from the UK and rejoin the EU as a new member state. It would be a minor country but it would be a cool one.
4
3
On 24 Jun 2016 at 11:37am And London wrote:
Because overall the capital voted stay. So it just shows:- Brighton is London By Sea and Lewes is DFL. Kind regards, a Wealden outer celebrating. LOL
5
5
On 24 Jun 2016 at 11:50am Tommy wrote:
Good luck and adios with your inward looking, complacent Wealden life with your bigoted neighbours and Little England concerns.
3
6
On 24 Jun 2016 at 11:51am pn wrote:
WE will be following Scotland by the look of it
Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon out on the wires 24 June 2016
wants to secure Scotland's place in EU
Second Scottish independence referendum here we come
if parliament judges 2nd referendum is best way to stay in EU then it must be held before end of EU exit talks
2nd referendum now highly likely
Excellent no more UK , I think I shall emigrate , I`m embarrass to share a country with the people who did this .
4
4
On 24 Jun 2016 at 12:19pm Zebedee wrote:
Although I hate to agree with Paul I am also embarrassed by the people who did this and have threatened the existence of the UK, the old and the uneducated in the main, the people who wanted to believe we spend the '350 million' (sic) we send to the the EU each week on the NHS. See how quick Nigel Farage was to say this was a mistake this morning.....
Suckers.

Watch the video »
2
3
On 24 Jun 2016 at 12:40pm Gerty wrote:
I also rarely agree with Paul but he has called this right. The people who messed it up won't admit it though. As it all starts to go wrong they'll find other scapegoats. It'll never be because they were hoodwinked. Any news yet on whether the Leave campaigners who said a result this close for Remain would trigger another referendum are true to their word? Thought not!
4
3
On 24 Jun 2016 at 12:42pm PN & Zebedee wrote:
It's all academic, Scotland is not a member of the EU, Scotland is not even independent. So they'll have to leave UK first, then apply to join.
Easily 10+ year timescale.
Unlikely they would leave at the moment anyway as oil prices are screwed, plus excess (cheap) oil found in the south east, so Scottish Oil production doesn't look like it has a bright future..
But all of that aside my advice to you guys would be move to Scotland, you can stay in the EU that way, happy days for you, happy days for us!
3
1
On 24 Jun 2016 at 12:42pm wonderful news wrote:
PN is emigrating - do let us know how you get on!
4
6
On 24 Jun 2016 at 1:14pm Penguin wrote:
The sad thing is, only 72% turned out to vote, and 52% of 72% means that actually only 37% of the electorate have inflicted this on the other 63% of us! That really isn't a majority in any sense of the word.
4
5
On 24 Jun 2016 at 1:39pm Terrible Idea Mate wrote:
What a good idea. How about we call it Happyville, the national dress could be a bright pink top with the following inscriptions: 'Make love, not war', 'LGBTQBLT', 'grow your hair for peace', 'I love trees' and 'I heart Caroline Lucas' all in bright green lettering and then on the lower half, leather hot pants with disgustingly brash holes carved out over the backside.
What about laws? Pah, laws, who needs 'em? People will be free to do whatever they please in the free state of Brighton and Hove, all law enforcement is to be abolished and be replaced with effeminate men that offer to free cuddles to anyone who is angry.
1
1
On 24 Jun 2016 at 1:52pm Tingles wrote:
Well we all assumed you might be happier elsewhere Paul. Lewes isn't really cosmopolitan enough for you is it?
2
2
On 24 Jun 2016 at 2:56pm Dragon wrote:
Paul and zeb you both deserve each other with your nasty recriminations. Why don't you bow out gracefully, Neither of you appear to be nice people, so just do one.


25 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Keere Street 50:132
Keere Street

Remembering about the St.Marys social centre business, I think a lot happens on the quiet. I saw the notice out side and thought:... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine