Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Oi Webbo - content filtering?

On 8 Jun 2010 at 1:24pm Down and Out wrote:
On the odd occasion I've written a post using mildly industrial language. What seems to happen is that it's blocked and just doesn't post. Is that right, Webbo?
I've just had a post blocked which, for the life of me, I can't see the least thing wrong with (unless 'Simon Cowell' is considered a very serious expletive). Is there any sort of guide to show what is and isn't OK?
Note that if you click on the posting 'terms' it takes you to an error 404 page.

On 8 Jun 2010 at 1:48pm Down and Out wrote:
Incidentally, I just tried the classic test which is the name of an industrial town in North Lincolnshire / Humberside, postcode DN15 (also featured in a recent Tinie Tempah song with the daftest lyrics of all time).
That got bounced!

On 8 Jun 2010 at 2:45pm Webbo wrote:
Its a website about Lewes not SCLINTHORPE

I can't publish a list of all the words I've blocked co then you'd use the ones I haven't and i'd be forever having to update the list and anyway its obviously very profane.

On 8 Jun 2010 at 7:31pm Stig of the dump wrote:
If it's a website about LEWES webbo, why the hell are there so many threads on politics which have no direct relevence to Lewes ?

On 8 Jun 2010 at 9:28pm MC wrote:
Cos Lewes has a Liberal Democrat MP (a rare thing). Lib Dems suddenly became very important this election

On 9 Jun 2010 at 8:28am In the Know wrote:
bum

On 9 Jun 2010 at 8:41am In the Know wrote:
If this site is so against swear words why does it allow the F word to appear at 8:30 in the morning in tthe list of Lewes tweets?
My kids come on here!!!!
Bagerboy. F***. Don't fall asleep in the wrong part of the train. Now in Lewes. F***.
Sort it out webbo!

On 9 Jun 2010 at 9:01am In the Know wrote:
Bagerboy69 F word tweet is still there. What a potty mouth!
Webbo i can e-mail you a screen shot of it if you like?

On 9 Jun 2010 at 10:38am MC wrote:
I think filtering out swear words in tweets might be very hard to achieve, technically speaking.

On 9 Jun 2010 at 11:12am In the Know wrote:
MC i agree that filtering maybe difficult but if we are going to have censorship imposed on this site then it should be for the whole site and not just bits of it.
These days swear words do not have the same shock value now, and are so common place, that imposing a ban of them in postings seems irrelevant.
Discuss.
On 9 Jun 2010 at 12:30pm MC wrote:
Some of the past posts on this forum have been pretty disgusting, full of bile, vitriol and peppered with nasty words. I'd hate for that to return. I can put up with the odd swear word in a short tweet though. They don't tend to stay around very long.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Meridian Line 72:132
Lewes Meridian Line

The media is full of evidence about drug use amongst senior Tories… and yet they are the ones pontificating ! More Tory... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams