Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Not politics but daylight robbery

On 12 Mar 2017 at 10:12am observer wrote:
George Osborne's finances:
1 One day's work a week at Trump's favourite investment firm, BlackRock = £650,000 a year
2 15 speeches over 6 months = £800,000 (he missed crucial parliamentary votes doing this.)
3 Yearly stipend from a US Republican thinktank. = £120,000
4 Annual dividend from family upmarket wallpaper shop = £44,000
5 Annual Salary as MP for Taunton = £75,000
6 Estimated advance on his book on 'populist nationalism' = £100,000
(expected bonuses form Black Rock are not included. While in office he met BlackRock senior staff 5 times, and his team 22 times, in his last two years at the treasury. His right hand man Rupert Harrison left govt. to become Blackrock's chief macro- strategist in 2015. Osborne has made it clear that he intends to work with the firm on UK pensions.)
George Osborne is pulling in the highest ever earnings of a sitting MP.

On 12 Mar 2017 at 10:54am Clifford wrote:
Oh come on, we know Osborne is an economic genius and worth every penny. That's what all the Toytown Tories on here used to tell us when they were boasting about how his 'austerity' policy was going to clear the deficit in one parliament. They're very quiet these days, aren't they?
On 12 Mar 2017 at 10:56am Pete wrote:
Oh, what is he supposed to do - have a huge chip on his shoulder and sit on his backside all day trolling?
On 12 Mar 2017 at 10:58am Clifford wrote:
Pete, perhaps he could concentrate on the job the taxpayer pays him to do.
On 12 Mar 2017 at 11:39am observer wrote:
Pete, this man is in some people's views making money out of his ministerial experience and what should have been entrusted insider information of the state. This can only deepen the unease that exists about politicians. Unfortunately he's not alone - though he's possibly the greediest. In effect there's a revolving door between the treasury and big business. He is also the man who sentenced us to so called 'austerity' until at least 2025. He has failed as a chancellor and he has failed us. Many of us are now on
zero hour contracts with no job security, holiday pay or sick pay. Our lives are bereft of any kind of the
security that is essential for decent living - no long term reasonably priced housing, a hollowed out NHS, and an education system of crumbling buildings, and the distinct possiblity of a three day week because of national staffing shortages. Is this what we want for ourselves and our children?

On 12 Mar 2017 at 12:21pm Mark wrote:
...And deregulation of financial services alongside a shrinking state sector will make the economics of boom and bust a permanent feature of our economy and force our labour productivity down even lower than it is now compared with similar economies. But, strangely, people do seem to be happy to vote for them. And it'll pleasant for George if he manages to join the 1% who hold half of the country's wealth.
On 12 Mar 2017 at 1:30pm george wrote:
BlackRock met EU officials to discuss financial market matters more times than any other company in the seven months to July 2015, in a sign of the growing influence of the world’s largest asset manager.
Osbourne also campaigned for remain - I wonder when well meaning remain voters will start to put two and two together.

On 12 Mar 2017 at 2:22pm Politics wrote:
Just can't help it can you. Just loving the sound of your own voices day after day

On 12 Mar 2017 at 2:50pm observer wrote:
Well, Politics' you certainly don't hear mine day after day. And actually my post was not about what you seem to be calling 'politics'. It was more about glaring inequality and unfairness. It was about your life and mine and how all us ordinary people are being duped. After all it is the politicians not you or me who say 'we are all in it together' when we obviously are not.
I rather think that you might be a professional disrupter otherwise there seems little point to your post.
On 12 Mar 2017 at 3:00pm Hello wrote:
These political dullards will be the death of this forum. Why should we have to scroll through thread after thread of political turds to find one about lewes? Webbo please do something
On 12 Mar 2017 at 3:17pm Tom Pain wrote:
Don't stop at Ossie, he's small time,city of Westminster , look to the City of London that's where the real power rests. That's where the Crown operates and it's not the Queen. When the Norman's invaded they left the City alone, that's how powerful they were then. Their power now is unimaginable.

On 12 Mar 2017 at 3:57pm Politics wrote:
Does George Osborne live in Lewes?

On 12 Mar 2017 at 4:09pm Lewes wrote:
It's no use Politics. They love their own opinions too much to care that they are ruining a local forum. I suspect no-one is interested in their political views in real life so they have to come on here to vent their anger.
For a few days last week the forum was good, no politics and few posts from the P ego either. Sadly they have both reared their ugly heads. I'm joining old bike and hot lips...goodbye

On 12 Mar 2017 at 4:46pm Pedro wrote:
I love how supposed grown adults feel the need to announce they are leaving a forum because they feel out of control and don't get their own way.

Adios and look forward to your next unregistered username.

On 12 Mar 2017 at 5:28pm Adele wrote:
And the wallpapers they do are fabulous !

On 13 Mar 2017 at 2:23pm Udder wrote:
Nice

On 14 Mar 2017 at 8:55am Alles wrote:
Deutchland will control you alles.

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lewes Crest 118:132
The Lewes Crest

'credited to the 'rona' - Odd that. 'the 'rona' takes up less space and as much breath as 'corona' so why say 'the 'rona'? Is it... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine