Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

North street residents parking - spaces taken by north street travellers

On 13 Dec 2015 at 9:47am jaffa wrote:
Trying to park around north street with my residents permit was impossible last night. The travellers have parked their huge vans/caravans in the residents spaces without permits.
This is so unfair as I have paid a lot of money for the right to park next to my house. I had lots to unload too.
On 13 Dec 2015 at 10:21am Ernie wrote:
Whinge Whinge Whinge. Live and let live.
On 13 Dec 2015 at 10:39am jaffa wrote:
Exactly my point. Live and let live. i.e. Please move the vans from the residents parking spaces that are chargeable. If you intend to keep them there then you need to pay for it. Or park by the units off the road. This would help. Thanks
On 13 Dec 2015 at 11:09am Lewes Chap wrote:
Unfortunately the bays aren't 24 hour, so it's tough on those who cough up for them. I think they should be, but who want's the Blue meanies patrolling 24/7?
On 13 Dec 2015 at 1:01pm menthal wrote:
Surely if your stunning assessment "travellers" is correct, then maybe it's just me but isn't there a clue in the title "Travellers". how can they have the audacity to be legally parked and travellers at the same time.
On 13 Dec 2015 at 1:13pm jaffa wrote:
Point was, that it would be neighbourly for them to keep out of the residential spaces unless they have a permit.
Just making what I think is a reasonable request. The vans take up nearly two car parking spaces each. Am I being unreasonable?
On 13 Dec 2015 at 4:51pm Bus user wrote:
No its a reasonable request. They can park in the Spring Gardens and Brook St car parks for a small fee on Saturday. There were 5 travellers vans in there when I went through at about 12:30 today - must have been a big party at Zu last night. Luckily only 3.5 months before their lease is up.
On 13 Dec 2015 at 9:36pm just asking wrote:
Are they actual travellers? As in will move on after a while and if so is there a legal place in or near by they can stay in? Just asking as I have no idea.
On 13 Dec 2015 at 10:25pm Tipex wrote:
I'd be intrigued to know how you know they're travellers. I think you mean people who dare to live a slightly unconventional life. Like everywhere in Lewes, they're entitled to park in permit only spaces after 5, before 5 then they risk a fine. Who they are or where they live is irrelevant.
On 13 Dec 2015 at 10:33pm Onlooker wrote:
I'm amazed how excited ppl get about parking in lewes. If someone has to walk 3 or 4 minutes from their car to their house they're outraged! It's utterly beyond me. 1st world problem if ever there was one...
On 13 Dec 2015 at 11:00pm Cliffe wrote:
Permit does not give you a right to park next to your house, only nearish it. Enjoy the exercise and count your blessings.
On 14 Dec 2015 at 5:11am belladonna wrote:
Id like to ask all the pesky shoppers who park in the resident spaces in the Cliffe to stop doing so IMMEDIATELY. They come in from the country with their big 4x4's, barbour jackets and wellingtons and take up all the resident parking. Its so inconsiderate. I've paid loads of money for my parking permit too. Sod off anyone else
On 14 Dec 2015 at 8:40am Tipex wrote:
But if they're resident permit AND pay and display spaces then they have EXACTLY the same parking rights as you. Even if they're wearing wellies!!
On 14 Dec 2015 at 9:43am Theo wrote:
Bus user the first point you make is that they can park in pay parking spaces fair point but how many paid and how many are taxed and insured . Your right tho 3.5 months and they'll be a blight on someone else's town
On 14 Dec 2015 at 2:26pm Sarah wrote:
This pompous outrage against people daring to use pay and display in spaces also allocated to permit holders is bonkers! Are you seriously suggesting that they don't park there just because you bought a permit?? It could be argued that pay and display people have MORE right to park there than you as they're paying significantly more proportionately than you for the right!
On 14 Dec 2015 at 8:10pm Belladonna wrote:
Calm down you lot. My comment was one of faux outrage. I was taking the Mick out if the OP. It's annoying but residents have no more rights to park than anyone else who pays.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Pells 121:132
The Pells

Hi, I would like to add an event but the system won't let me. Please help! Maia Eden more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine