Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Norman's vote yesterday

2
 
On 6 Jun 2013 at 10:29am Surprised wrote:
I would be interested to know why Norman Baker did not vote yesterday to include a clean energy target in the Energy Bill.
(oh, and I am not Green Party supporter, just a very surprised local, who gets e-mails from 38degrees )
1
 
On 6 Jun 2013 at 10:52am Deelite wrote:
Why don't you email and ask him? He's very good at answering queries. You could publish the reply here.

Check it out here »
2
2
On 6 Jun 2013 at 11:11am Normans Wisdom wrote:
Quite right. He is one of the most approachable mp's in the house and would undoubtably answer your query. But I suppose it's easier just to sling mud on here .
5
1
On 6 Jun 2013 at 11:20am what? wrote:
Um...how exactly is that initial post slinging mud? Mr Baker's vote is a fact (though many might be surprised by it) and I was so surprised that I thought it invited an explanation, (which may be perfectly reasonable)
Thank you however, for demonstrating quite how biased some people can be. :-)
4
 
On 6 Jun 2013 at 11:31am Deelite wrote:
It is surprising and I also would like to know the reason, although Mr Baker is probably tiring of my letters to him (which are always answered by the way).
1
3
On 6 Jun 2013 at 11:57am Normans Wisdom wrote:
Ummmmmmm..............Instead of going through the proper channels and actually asking him directly, surprised has asked on an open forum. where probably no-one knows the answer! Stupidity? No. So what else could it be I wonder?
5
 
On 6 Jun 2013 at 1:47pm diligent wrote:
I too was surprised given his views in the past. I wrote to him yesterday about the issue asking why he he had voted in the way that he did.
2
1
On 6 Jun 2013 at 2:58pm xplorer1 wrote:
Why did he vote as he did? Three line whip and he's a member of the government. If he wants to keep his job in transport, which is his interest and which he does well, he had no choice.
4
 
On 6 Jun 2013 at 3:03pm Deelite wrote:
If he did it that well we'd have an integrated transport policy by now.
4
 
On 6 Jun 2013 at 3:34pm Clifford wrote:
If you want to keep your job as a minister then you do what the boss tells you. If you want to keep your job as an MP you...
5
2
On 6 Jun 2013 at 3:47pm Surprised wrote:
Yes Normans Wisdom, I have asked publicly, and why shouldn't I? Would you prefer I asked secretly and quietly in case you don't like the answer?
I think it is important that we all know when our MP is not doing what we might think he would, and I also thought someone might offer a practical explanation, which 2 people have. We know Norman's Office keeps track of the posts here, and why shouldn't they? Maybe, like other local politicians they could use the Forum to post a response. I don't e-mail Mr Baker, because I do not like any political parties having a record of my details and interests.
You are so biased, that you presume that i disagree with Norman Baker !
2
 
On 6 Jun 2013 at 6:59pm surprised wrote:
diligent, thanks, it would be great if you would post his response. Explorer, I do appreciate your point, but it is not good enough to have politicians voting for something based on a 3 line whip, not on wether it is right or not. this is one reason why we get poor decisions , and why people have a proven falling trust in politicians. Many people in this area voted for Norman as an individual, not the Lib Dems.
The vote yesterday simply did not meet with my expectations as a voter. There may be a good explanation, other than the mechanics of politics, and unlike Mr Bakers unquestioning supporters, I am willing to find out what it is, and may well agree with it.


25 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

heading for extinction 43:132
heading for extinction

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington