Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

NHS Street

On 10 Jun 2015 at 1:58pm Mark wrote:
I wonder whether the next campaign aimed at reinventing public opinion might be emerging. I've seen several front page stories this week on Mr Murdoch's papers all about the NHS and how it wastes money. There was something the other day about millions being squandered on hip replacements. Today it's about babies being "killed or maimed". I'm predicting an onslaught of Channel 5 programmes in the near future. It will doubtless feature surgeons operating with fags hanging out of their mouths and fat cat managers throwing taxpayer's money off cliffs - cos they like to watch how the little notes flutter away... etc...etc
On 11 Jun 2015 at 3:05pm bastian wrote:
Mark, there are so many things going wrong with the leaders of this land it's hard to know wher to point the finger first.
Brain washing is a particularly nasty and subliminal new device that is the kind of stuff I remember people accusing Russia of in my youth; the elders would say things like " You wouldn't want to live in Russia where you are watched all the time, and can't do what you want"-I see no difference today in what is going on here.
But it is the brain washing, the reinvention of the definition of words and misuse of our langugae to persuede us that a section of society is eveil that gets my goat the most. Cue a rant from PN about how liberated we all are under the glorious Blue!
Even my kids use terms and seem to not understand that what they say is abrupt and unsensitive, desensitising a populous has happened before, it was cruel and ended up breeding a really f**ked up generation in Germany, who after the war could not aclimatise to normal life.
On 11 Jun 2015 at 3:31pm Ed Lines wrote:
Of course, if it's in the papers it must all be true.....
Surely nobody takes anything in the papers at face value these days do they?
Everyone knows Murdoch et al are primarily chasing sales revenue, and sensationalist stories/headlines sell newspapers...
I have no doubt the NHS, as any large organisation (private or public sector), could do better at times, and there will always be cases (for whatever reasons) where inefficiency can be shown to be present, and then "spun" to suit whichever point of view you choose. If you lean to the left then inefficiency is down to those fat-cat capitalist suppliers and over-paid NHS managers trousering a packet, if you lean to the right then inefficiency is down to the lower echelons of staff not working hard enough 24/7 etc.
But, to suggest that newpaper proprietors are part of some major populace brain-washing plan...whomever is suggesting that has probably already been un-knowingly brain-washed by "the other side"...whoever they are.
Still, let's wait till the Government starts installing two way TVs in all our living rooms, then we'll know George Orwell was right - or have they doen so already and disguised it as the digital TV switch over a few years back :-O ....
"Conspiracy theorists" and "Big brother" don't you just love 'em!

On 11 Jun 2015 at 7:22pm bastian wrote:
The press as a tool of the right has been very active, if you don't know that you are very young.
Also, have you not heard of smart TVs, they can record you in your living room, lie an i-phone can, even if you think it's off.

On 11 Jun 2015 at 10:59pm Boring wrote:
If they recorded me they'd find me very boring - as I suspect most of us would be. Still it'll give thousands of graduates jobs to be monitoring the populace 24/7. And they'd still be no nearer catching the bad guys who would go back to more old fashioned methods of communication - like meeting in a pub to talk or writing a letter....

On 12 Jun 2015 at 10:07am Mark wrote:
Ed Lines: Did you see any of The Daily Mail's election coverage? Gor blimey.

On 13 Jun 2015 at 8:31pm The Persueders wrote:
Roger and Tony are not amused that you think of them as gumshoes, masterbastion. And suede sneakers to boot. You do talk cobblers, do you sport a DA from riverside barbers? Sorry I'm abrupt and insensitive

On 14 Jun 2015 at 3:41pm bastian wrote:
Trolls can't even get a name right.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes antiques centre 54:143
Lewes antiques centre

If you can provide statistical evidence that crime has never been so high then blame austerity and write to Maria. Having a pop... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine