Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Model plane

On 15 Apr 2015 at 7:18pm Cooksbridge resident wrote:
Just noticed that someone is flying a model plane from Cooksbriidge park and recreation ground. Very stupid as there are not only powerlines and telephone wires but also a wind turbine and a playground for small children. If they bothered to read the notice board they would see that there is a specific by-law forbidding model planes which was put in because of the turbine and the playground. No problem with people who enjoy this hobby but this is obviously a dangerous and inappropriate place to do it!
On 15 Apr 2015 at 7:24pm feline wrote:
Some people just don't think the rules apply to them! Though of course they may not know about the bye law. How many of us read notice boards!
On 15 Apr 2015 at 8:08pm Belladonna wrote:
Why don't you go and let them know ? They're hardly likely to be reading this forum wilts flying the plane and are probably completely unaware of any by-laws
On 15 Apr 2015 at 9:54pm Vladimir Choo wrote:
It was probably the Russians on manoeuvres.. I hear Cooksbridge has an awfully good model railway too.
On 15 Apr 2015 at 10:12pm Cooksbridge Resident wrote:
I would have let them know but they'd gone by the time I was able to go over. Just thought it was worth mentioning on here. On the off chance that he flyer or a friend sees it. I am sure it was just thoughtlessness, but it really is dangerous because of the turbine and I am sure there are other places nearby that would be ok.
On 15 Apr 2015 at 10:13pm LewesPlumber wrote:
Sounds to me as though it wasn't a 'model plane' but a REAL Plane, just small and remotely operated. Provided they kept it clear of the turbine and the small children, it would seem a pretty safe and good place to operate a remotely operated plane. As the ground is almost always empty, especially with the current roadworks; I doubt there was anyone there to tell them it was not allowed.
By-laws for an empty park are not enforceable. If the park is being used, someone will probably say something to the by-law breakers.
The likes of Brighton and London aside, I have not seen Police enforcing by-laws. I don't think they will go to Cooksbridge until you get a decent coffee shop with WiFi so they can write their report.
On 15 Apr 2015 at 10:23pm Grunge wrote:
Something in these posts reminds me of the scene in Father Ted when he is trying to teach Father Dougal perspective. He holds a plastic cow from a toy farm, saying "This cow is SMALL, but that cow is FAR AWAY."

On 15 Apr 2015 at 11:13pm LewesPlumber wrote:
I bet you wouldn't be winging on a local Lewes forum if it was a freaking drone strike from Syria!
Oh, but it is O.K. if we fly (and drop a few bombs) outside Cooksbridge!
Sorry Cooksbridge resident, I am sure you don't approve of our youth flying planes that bomb indiscriminately anywhere (but especially Cooksbridge). I am just trying to incite real interest in what could be considered a NIMBY topic.
On 16 Apr 2015 at 10:34am Dripping tap wrote:
@LP. You just appear to be a drainage stirrer to me
On 16 Apr 2015 at 1:31pm Dripping pan wrote:
C'mon you blues

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street 50:132
Keere Street

Hello

Lewes is beautiful and I have been considering moving there for a while. I am now thinking of buying a place on Friars... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine