Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

May introduces a Frankenstein`s Monster Death Tax

On 18 May 2017 at 1:48pm Still here. wrote:
Lady Dracula introduces a Death Tax.....how apt.The Tory manifesto: Conservatives are proposing 'Frankensteinís monster of a plan' for social care, pensioners warn
'The Conservativeís manifesto pledge on social care offers the worst of all possible worlds for millions of older people and their families,' says National Pensioners Convention

Check it out here »
On 18 May 2017 at 1:53pm just asking wrote:
Does anyone else think that suicides amongst the elderly will increase with the new Tory social care policy?
If you have a dilemma between being able to give a good chunk to your kids....maybe a house...or having meals on wheels for a few years, then a lot of people might want to exit the stage early?!
On 18 May 2017 at 1:58pm Greg wrote:
We can certainly hope so.
On 18 May 2017 at 2:00pm just asking wrote:
What?
On 18 May 2017 at 3:38pm The Greek wrote:
Remember when the Tories went mental over Gordon Brown suggesting something similar...

On 18 May 2017 at 6:44pm Mark wrote:
Goodness me. I've received a personal letter from the Maybot that explains in easy to understand terms all about the difference between Strong and Stable Leadership and a Coalition of Chaos. The message is loud and clear. It wasn't quite so clear this morning when Jeremy Hunt was doing the interview circuit and was explaining why winter fuel benefits were to be stopped for "wealthy" pensioners. Apparently, how "wealthy" is to be defined can only possibly be set out after the election is finished. This is Tory talk for we're going to scrap that.
On 18 May 2017 at 6:45pm Mark wrote:
And yes Greek. I do remember well.
On 18 May 2017 at 7:42pm Fair enough wrote:
Seems fair enough to me. And yes, I would be greatly affected. Not everyone wants to become a social liability in their old age. I certainly wouldn't.
On 18 May 2017 at 8:33pm Angry Oldie wrote:
So let me get this right? After saving all my life for my own home and now having to work an extra 6 years before I get a pension. If I need any care its not down to looking at my meagre pension, the tories are going to charge me at a rate set by them and then deduct it from my house sale at death. The house I paid stamp duty on and all taxes and saved hard to buy ..... Jeez who are the conservatives (whom I`ve voted for all my life) representing ...... its F***** not me!!!!
On 19 May 2017 at 9:03am Angry (not so) Oldie wrote:
@ Angry Oldie - Yes indeed. And pretty much anyone who owns their own home in the SE corner of Britain will get clobbered to a fairly large extent, and only left with a smaller proportion of the property's value to hand down, while people living areas, where properties are far cheaper will be left with a higher percentage of their property's value, and also get larger chunk of their care costs paid by the Government.
Somehow this has to be a policy that leaves people with a fixed percentage of their property value, so that everyone is left with 25% or 50% or whatever, so that at least it does not penalise the homeowners in South Eastern corner, or larger cities, so heavily.
On 19 May 2017 at 11:26am The Greek wrote:
Farron is correct in saying it's a tax on dementia. If you happen to drop dead of a heart attack, no payment. If you happen to develop a debilitating long-term condition like dementia you have to pay for it. Obscene.
On 19 May 2017 at 1:03pm They want you to drop wrote:
dead @ 64.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Skate Park 104:132
Skate Park

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT