Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Malling down

21
5
On 18 Mar 2018 at 5:03pm Horseymchorseface wrote:
I'm horseymchorseface, I live on the lovely malling down reserve. Can you horrible humans pick up your dogs meet please. There is so much up here that it makes me want to puke. For those of you who can read, I have put some signs up. Try and read them. Thanks. Horsey.
22
10
On 18 Mar 2018 at 5:14pm Horsey wrote:
Here I am.

6
8
On 18 Mar 2018 at 6:47pm Horse meet wrote:
are you talking about dog's pile up's.
7
8
On 18 Mar 2018 at 6:50pm Destroying Angel wrote:
"Offspring" knows the truth. When the lightness equals the darkness, the talisman must be moved.
9
12
On 18 Mar 2018 at 7:00pm Horsey wrote:
I meant dogs mess. Sorry.
11
29
On 18 Mar 2018 at 7:55pm Walker wrote:
Hi Horsey, nice to meet you. I totally agree about the need to pick up after those dogs. While we’re at it can you also pick up the huge mass of horse sh*t that you and your mates are leaving everywhere and the sheep and cow turds that now cover Malling Down?
40
9
On 18 Mar 2018 at 8:02pm Horsey wrote:
Well I would but my waste is a natural local product returning nutrients to the soil after being naturally processed. The dog poo is very low grade meat waste which leeches into the soil, doesn't break down properly and is generally disgusting. Also it will give your kids nasty diseases but you obviously think it's acceptable behaviour. I suggest you educate yourself on biodiversity vs dog sheite. It's a nature reserve not a dog toilet.
15
6
On 18 Mar 2018 at 10:03pm @Horsey wrote:
Quite agree with you...Your Dung is more natural than a dogs doo, so dog owners/walkers pick up your mess!
3
7
On 19 Mar 2018 at 8:53am Angel Schmangel wrote:
@Destroying Angel, not sure you got my last post? I've got the talisman, I don't see why I have to move it? It's here in my kitchen on the shelf next to the Coco Pops??
What's all this light and dark stuff? Are you getting the days mixed up for the clocks going forward? It's next sunday. Are you sure you're not back on the Thunderbird and Night Nurse again?
3
12
On 19 Mar 2018 at 8:58am Woof wrote:
Hello Horsey,
I am a dog owner and agree with you that there are some very lazy dog owners out and about.
A couple of points for you to consider:
1) A bit of generalisation when you say that dog poo is very low grade meat waste because it depends on what you feed your dogs. Quite a few dog owners including myself feed their dogs with raw food that is often equal in quality to the meat that you consume and as a result it breaks down very quickly.
2) Toxicariasis is also passed through the faeces of cats as well as dogs. Cats are feral and not every cat conveniently cr*ps in a litter tray as some cat owners would believe. Not every cat is well looked after with vaccinations etc either .
3) The problem is not confined to Malling down. Apart from being a responsible owner there is no incentive/deterrent for some to pick up their dogs mess. In the 15+ years of ownwing dogs I have hardly ever seen a dog warden out and about actively working in a dog walking area. The amount of owners reported and fined for dog fouling is miniscule.
"Name and shame" would be a good deterrent - ok its not front page news for the Sussex Express but the very thought that your name appears in the paper as a result of your dog taking a dump could be a deterrent.
4) Also Horsey, I appreciate that you need to relieve yourself from time to time and your poo is more natural but sometimes horse riders let you poo right in the middle of a concrete path and no way is that going to break down - Not asking you to take a bin bag with you but at least the riders could dismount and kick it to one side -its difficult to navigate a pram on a narrow path around dog turds without having to lift it over a huge pile of horse sh*t as well.
In the past the council has encouraged dog owners to confront those they see leaving dog mess behind. Rather than pass the buck get your bloody wardens out and about and being pro active.
regards
Dog Owner.
3
4
On 19 Mar 2018 at 11:16am @angel wrote:
Heard of the spring equinox? Dumb ass
 
2
On 19 Mar 2018 at 12:52pm Victorian pure collector wrote:
Poo was collected , called "pure" and sold to the tanners.
3
1
On 19 Mar 2018 at 3:33pm @woof wrote:
You are talking more sh#t than there is on Malling down.
 
5
On 19 Mar 2018 at 6:29pm Woof wrote:
"You are talking more sh#t than there is on Malling down"
Really? how about backing your stupid statement up with some facts then?
5
1
On 19 Mar 2018 at 6:45pm @woof wrote:
1. Some dog owners may feed with quality food but there are many more. Also, just because it's good quality you assume the right to leave it everywhere?
2 identify think there are many wildcats or domestic living on Malling down. If there were I doubt they crap in the middle of a path and not bury it.
3 I know it's not confined to.malling but the thread is about the nature reserve in particular
4 I am a wild horse living on a nature reserve and the subject of horse poo on pavements doesn't seem that pressing as it s not affecting a protected ecosystem.
Thanks
1
6
On 19 Mar 2018 at 7:15pm woof wrote:
1. I dont assume the right to leave it because I dont leave it behind unlike some
2. Cats don't "live" on malling down but many go roaming there and leave their cr*p behind -not necessarily in the middle of a path. If you haven't noticed kids tend to run around a bit and not just on paths.
3. Yes the thread is about Malling but the problem is widespread including other reserves and parks and it was a case of highligjhting ther fact there is no deterrent.
4. Your poo may not land omn pavements/narrow paths but please tell your other not so wild horse friends that its not very pleasant hosing sh*t of a childs pram and shoes whataver animal it is.
ta.
2
1
On 20 Mar 2018 at 9:55am Tiddles wrote:
Cats bury their poo. At least I do.
2
3
On 20 Mar 2018 at 11:46am Widdles wrote:
are OK but please pick up #2s
1
2
On 20 Mar 2018 at 11:47am Jimmy Riddles wrote:
I go down Pipe Passage


18 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

What happened to the direct train to Ashford? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina