Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

MH17

On 18 Jul 2014 at 10:15am WTF wrote:
September 11th 2001, flight UA93 crashes in a field.
The wreckage looks very different to that of MH17.
Discuss.
On 18 Jul 2014 at 11:29am Get real wrote:
Elvis was on board and Lord Lucan was the pilot.
On 18 Jul 2014 at 11:59am Mark wrote:
I don't really have much to say about all that... but... my friend Bill is an ordinary fellow. Not much about him is all that interesting. He works as a mental health nurse - which is probably an interesting job and he has a sort-of flashy car - BUT he has a website and there's various bits of info about him on it.
What strikes me as the real issue here is that "God" doesn't have a website. I know this. I've checked it out on Google. Surely, this has got to say something about the existence of God. If there was a God he would have a website!
On 18 Jul 2014 at 12:14pm Objective viewer wrote:
Sorry to appear a little "hard-nosed" about such tragedies, but it's quite simple really, they are/were two potentially very different, but equally tragic, events:
UA93 was a small(er) Boeing 757 aircraft that probably hit the ground intact (there was no evidence to show that aircraft had started to break up before it hit the ground). I think the aircrfat wa salso far lower than MH17 when it started its final manouver.
MH17 was a far larger Boeing 777 aircraft, flying at higher altitude just before the crash, and it may well have broken up (to some degree) in mid-air before it hit the ground - if it was hit by a SAM it may well have caught fire and/or broken up soon after the missile hit it.
Hopefully Air Accident Investigators will be able to investigate and draw conclusions from the wreckage.
Also, other factors such as the angle of impact, speed of impact, quantity of aviation fuel aboard, and nature of the ground surface (loose soil vs hard-packed soil vs rocks etc) at each site will also radically affect the behaviour of an aircraft as it hits the ground.
All of which are largely irrelevant compared to ~300 families currently grieving the loss of loved ones aboard MH17 of course.
But the MH17 wreckage may well shed some light on, and/or confirm, what caused the loss of that aircraft.

On 18 Jul 2014 at 3:39pm Extra wrote:
The crash site will be sterilised before investigators are permitted access, it's already been compromised.

On 18 Jul 2014 at 4:14pm Historian wrote:
Apparently, there are people who lost friends/relations on BOTH Malayisan flights.

On 18 Jul 2014 at 4:34pm Mike wrote:
Putin has just lost any patience the west had for this lunatic.
On 19 Jul 2014 at 1:16pm Gordo wrote:
Assuming it was the lot that Putin supports who did it. There is some doubt about that.
On 19 Jul 2014 at 3:35pm trooper wrote:
I do not claim to be an expert in these matters, but I do have some experience in these matters.It is an accepted fact in the intelligence world that when couuntries arm movements who are opposed to the organisation in power in order to suit ther own agenda, a very very tight control must be maintained,this has not been the case here and also in other areas that we and other nations have been involved, over the years.These opposition units get out of hand once they have the weapons and the strength to do it. We have seen this before it is not new. Putin has indeed lost control and short of Russian Federation troops there is little he can do despite all the anger directed at him. God bless those who are gone and blesings to friends and family.

On 19 Jul 2014 at 7:00pm Clifford wrote:
Trooper - complete conjecture. You may be shown to be right or you may be shown to be wrong, but you have absolutely no idea what happened.

On 20 Jul 2014 at 9:53am trooper wrote:
"Clifford" I would strongly dispute the word "CONJECTURE" however I fully respect your opinion.
On 20 Jul 2014 at 4:18pm ken g wrote:
I blame Norman Baker.
On 21 Jul 2014 at 11:51am Clifford wrote:
And I respect your opinion trooper - but it is just that, opinion. It may, though, as I say, be proved correct. I doubt that the perpetrator will be given a medal - as the commander of the US ship that shot down an Iranian civilian plane in 1988 was.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Golden Bike 38:132
Golden Bike

It had a link to an American site selling some form of the stuff. I wondered if it was some kind of hack. Which reminds me;the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments
Dan