Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lovely Lady

On 30 Nov 2015 at 8:52am TDA wrote:
I'd just like to thank the lovely old lady in a silver Corsa who tried to run me and my bicycle off of Cliffe High Street a minute ago. I managed to turn around and ask you why, and after you ran into my bike a couple of times told me that it was one way. Thanks.
On 30 Nov 2015 at 9:00am Jeff wrote:
You should have scraped your bike along the side of her car then politely explained it's two way for bikes and maybe take her to read the sign.
On 30 Nov 2015 at 10:22am overton wrote:
The zombies are loose today. There was a bearded man standing in the middle of the road at junction of Bradford Road and DeMontfort at 8 this morning. I stopped and he just stared as if I was on his lawn. Curious behaviour, he didn't look drunk or confused.
On 30 Nov 2015 at 10:53am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
They certainly are. As I was driving down to the prison lights this morning, the traffic had just started moving when a cyclist swung straight across the path of my moving car to turn left into Spital Road.
It right shook me up.
On 30 Nov 2015 at 12:02pm Mark wrote:
Overton, my guess would be that he wasn't an actual zombie in reality. Much more likely just someone who's had a relapse into mental illness. A paranoid schizophrenic who's decided to come off his meds or somesuch. If you see him again what I would say is to help the guy out by ringing the police.
On 30 Nov 2015 at 1:14pm Not necessarily wrote:
a paranoid schizophrenic - if I was paranoid I wouldn't stand in the road - not in Lewes with it's bell ended drivers.Of both sexes.
On 30 Nov 2015 at 4:49pm Lewes Lady wrote:
I saw a man with a small child and a scooter standing in the middle of the road junction near the Elly a week or two back, getting very irate with a driver who had kindly stopped to wait for him to move clear. I was amazed by such careless behaviour in a busy road. I do wonder how some of these people manage to live to adulthood.
On 30 Nov 2015 at 6:35pm watcher wrote:
I agree odd day, elderly man walking down middle of road ranting shortly followed by stupid woman with uncontrollable dog causing chaos by tesco
On 30 Nov 2015 at 10:12pm Tipex wrote:
Watcher - you're a delightful person and should be proud of yourself.
On 1 Dec 2015 at 11:00am Belladonna wrote:
Re the OP. Hope your bike wasn't damaged. Did you manage to get the car reg ? I would report the incident.

On 1 Dec 2015 at 3:15pm JillG wrote:
Amazing how many drivers don't see the bike contraflow sign at the Railway Lane entrance, or indeed the large accompanying Pedestrian Zone sign. The Council says that the signs are 'adequate'.... TDA, same sort of thing has happened to me several times when I'm biking slowly and legally west. How are we going to get drivers to look at the signs?
On 1 Dec 2015 at 3:47pm TDA wrote:
The bike's too old to worry about! What annoyed me was the way she tried to squeeze me off the pebbles onto the pavement. Dangerous. I'm not a militant cyclist, but you get so angry at this sort of thing. PS I also drive a car, and I know there are idiotic cyclists too.
Anyway the fantastic lady seemed to have ignored or not seen the signs, and wasn't interested when I offered to show her the one by Morris Road. Perhaps a sign that could be painted on the road surface just before Forfars?
On 1 Dec 2015 at 3:55pm John Smith wrote:
This conversation also begs the question about whether the Lovely Lady should have been driving in a pedestrianised area. One of these days I'm going to sit on the bridge and photograph every car which uses this as a short cut - 90% drive straight through, so aren't picking up goods or making a delivery.
On 1 Dec 2015 at 10:38pm bumpkin wrote:
They really should put a proper block on the road by forfars and make it what it should be - deliveries only!

On 2 Dec 2015 at 9:06pm Polar bear wrote:
I remember when the cliffe was two way and a busy shopping centre wasn't pedestrianised then and don't need it now . Another poncy dfl thing we have to put up with

On 2 Dec 2015 at 9:30pm Horseman7 wrote:
I certainly miss your namesake PB. I loved that place.

On 2 Dec 2015 at 9:37pm Polar bear wrote:
Thank you horseman certainly had many a good Saturday morning in there was a sad day when it shut many memories

On 2 Dec 2015 at 9:42pm Polar bear wrote:
The record bar , liptons , rice bros , woolworths , leesons all gone never to see their like again

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Chapel Hill Lewes 20:132
Chapel Hill Lewes

Stephen, I think that you're on the wrong thread. But you are right. Tom likes to subscribe to controversial positions. Some of... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare