Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lost cat - help needed please!

On 20 Nov 2017 at 6:10pm Jon wrote:
Hello - our 2 year old female cat has been missing for a couple of days. She's black with some white markings, answers to Poppy. Top of Gundreda Road near the footpath down to Ferrers Road. If you find, or have seen her, please call me on 07971668552.
Thanks so much.
Jon
On 21 Nov 2017 at 9:01am @Jon wrote:
Hi Jon, do you have a photo?
On 21 Nov 2017 at 9:12am Jon wrote:
Hi - hope this link works!

Check it out here »
On 21 Nov 2017 at 10:44am @Jon wrote:
Thank you. I will have a look when i'm in that area. Hope you find her soon
On 21 Nov 2017 at 10:46am Jon wrote:
Thanks.
On 21 Nov 2017 at 11:58am Pedro wrote:
Jon, really hope you find your cat soon and will let you know if I spot her. I've had cats go missing in the past and its heartbreaking. We did have one come back after going missing for over a week though, so never give up hope!

Perhaps it would be a bit insensitive to raise this issue given the timing, but I'm really beginning to subscribe to the notion of keeping cats indoors, with any outdoor activity limited or under some supervision (pending on where you live). Cats appear to be the only domesticated pet that is frequently left to go outside entirely unsupervised, and as a result, loads of cats go missing each year, and many of them sadly get killed on the roads. On top of these obvious perils, cats are far more likely to get sick, catch feline "AIDs", drink toxic substances like antifreeze, and fight other cats or other animals (as well as the destruction they cause with hunting wildlife, especially birds). Indoor cats as a result live on average far longer lives. Years longer.

We don't do this with other pets, so not sure why we do this with cats despite the well known high risks involved. Are cats that are left free to roam significantly happier on balance? Maybe they are? I'm really not so sure that is even the case though having now seen a good few indoor and outdoor based cats. The outdoor ones tend to be the more aloof! I guess it also depends on the breed of cat and its nature. Still, cats are as unaware about traffic and other dangers as a human toddler, and I'm not sure many would allow them to waddle freely unsupervised any time of the day. Anyways, monologue over - let the trolling commence!
On 21 Nov 2017 at 2:47pm Horseman7 wrote:
Come home safe and sound Poppy to those who love you. Jon, a couple of years ago I had a cat go missing for 6 weeks but she returned - very thin, very hungry, very tired but okay.
On 21 Nov 2017 at 4:56pm Hyena wrote:
Pedro, started vaping early today?
On 21 Nov 2017 at 5:11pm Sad wrote:
He needs help...attention seeking wassock

On 21 Nov 2017 at 6:03pm Pedro wrote:
Quel surprise, the trolls come out to dine as I predicted (sad really). I made it quite clear I empathise with Jon, having gone through it on a number of occasions and know how distressing it is. I also was aware with the timing of my post re cat welfare could be deemed insensitive, but I think its important. Whether I start a new thread about it makes little difference (as we'vehadourfun has tried to highlight in a separate thread, but given our "history", it seems more of an opportunistic personal attack towards me).

@ Hyena, nope, I never vape before 7pm, just as I don't drink alcohol before midday (although I barely drink anyway).
On 21 Nov 2017 at 6:09pm Jon wrote:
Please try and keep on topic, I wouldn’t want potentially helpful posters to be put off looking.
Thanks.
On 21 Nov 2017 at 7:14pm Cait wrote:
We found a lost cat in our garden a few years ago, found out who its owner was actually from a post on the Forum. Owners were really delighted when we phoned them. He’d strayed quite a long way from Neville into town. I think cats can lose their way if they cross a road but will try to adopt a new family. This cat did this but we thought it looked like it probably belonged to someone. Good luck in finding her.
On 21 Nov 2017 at 8:24pm pedo wrote:
Wow I actually agree with Pedro for once...
On 21 Nov 2017 at 8:50pm Scoobydoo wrote:
I myself know what it's like to lose a cat ours has been missing 16 months and no sightings
On 21 Nov 2017 at 9:03pm Woof woof wrote:
I thought there was only dogging at Gundreda Road?

On 22 Nov 2017 at 11:03am Jon wrote:
Bump - Poppy hasn't come home yet.

On 22 Nov 2017 at 11:14am Country Life wrote:
Good luck Jon I hope you find her or she makes her way home, I've got two and I would hate anything to happen. I could only suggest what I'm sure you're doing - putting up some pictures where people can see them and speaking to as many people as you can.
In my younger days we had a cat go missing for two weeks but we did get her back, she'd managed to get herself trapped in garage - the crazy old moggy. Good luck and please post back when you find her!

On 22 Nov 2017 at 11:37am Jon wrote:
Thanks *so much* for your best wishes Country Life, she's young and fit so we are really hoping she's been locked in somewhere and will escape soon.
On 22 Nov 2017 at 7:48pm Jon wrote:
VERY pleased to report that she showed up! After being missing for three days she came in and ate her own body-weight - looks like she had been locked in somewhere. Thanks for all the kind messages of support. Jon.

On 22 Nov 2017 at 8:24pm Country Life wrote:
Brilliant new mate, glad for you. I'm sure she's learned a life lesson there!

On 22 Nov 2017 at 10:02pm Feline wrote:
What a relief for you Jon. So pleased she's come home.

16 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Starfish Studios Lewes 109:132
Starfish Studios Lewes

If Fauci now thinks the MHRA approval was OK, why doesn't he save US lives by taking that approval and stop waiting for the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington