Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Litter in the Pedestrian Precinct.

On 28 Sep 2010 at 4:43pm Extra wrote:
I have been shopping in Lewes on two afternoons this week and the litter left
in the precinct has been pretty bad. On both occasions a Robinsons tour coach stopped outside the law courts and its passengers alighted to spend an hour or so around our shops. What visitors much think I don't know, but
the situation seems to have got worse since the College students returned.
Education and a little law enforcement would go down well.

On 28 Sep 2010 at 4:49pm Leveller wrote:
It's the same in every city, town and village across the country

On 28 Sep 2010 at 8:01pm Grunge wrote:
It seems the barbarians are at the gates - or through them - and we all have our hands tied behind our backs. In the old days we were able to do a bit of community policing when we saw something anti-social happen.

On 28 Sep 2010 at 10:06pm Pedant wrote:
'In the old days...' Keep Britain Tidy was founded in 1954 to allow old pathetic f*rts to give people smaller than them a clip round the ear whenever the fancy took themm

On 28 Sep 2010 at 10:14pm Grunge wrote:
Pedant, don't jump to conclusions, and do try not to be offensive. I mean that no-one dares to speak out when they see something happen. Your comment seems to put you among the Barbarians.

On 29 Sep 2010 at 10:50am Pedant wrote:
So having your hands tied behind your back prevents you from speaking out does it Grunge?

On 29 Sep 2010 at 1:51pm Grunge wrote:
No, it's the well-founded fear of being hit or knifed by some druggie if I do speak out.

On 29 Sep 2010 at 1:59pm Grunge wrote:
And, just to be a total misery, I would like people to keep their feet off the seats in trains and buses. Or is that somehow interfering with their human rights, but not interfering with someone else's human right to expect to keep their clothes clean on public transport?

On 29 Sep 2010 at 10:41pm brixtonbelle wrote:
"No, it's the well-founded fear of being hit or knifed by some druggie if I do speak out."

Get a grip, Grunge, this is Lewes, not, er....Brixton

On 29 Sep 2010 at 10:56pm Grunge wrote:
Be realistic, BB. I'm not just talking about Lewes. How would you like to tackle a group of foul mouthed litterers on a late night train from London, for example?

On 29 Sep 2010 at 11:04pm brixtonbelle wrote:
Er, I have. And they responded in the way I expected them to, which was apologising and shutting up. Most people do.
I do understand your fears, though Grunge, and you just have to go with your instincts whether to challenge yobbish behaviour or not. I have done so on a few occasions and not got into any trouble, but its always a judgement call.

On 1 Oct 2010 at 8:17pm Peter Byron wrote:
I can only imagine the delight if Brixtonbelles was to challenge my 'naughty' behaviour ha ha, no seriously I need a straight talking Brit girl to move forward with, had enough of global relationships I have decided. Any offers? No, I though not. Best to all, Peter

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Clouds 65:132
Lewes Clouds

He runs this country in the current vacuum of effective leadership. It's a disastrous time for it to happen. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell