Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lincolns

On 10 Jun 2012 at 2:09am Why wrote:
It is time this hole was closed. The noise the idiots make when leaving it is ridiculous.
On 10 Jun 2012 at 8:26am Pete wrote:
Object to their licence when it next comes up for renewal....

On 10 Jun 2012 at 9:24am Castle Gate wrote:
At least, during its opening hours, you know where some people are. Whatever happened to the stronger licensing hours we used to have, when pubs closed as early as 10.30pm unless you were a friend of the landlord, and television closed down for the night soon after? Oh well, Licensing Acts and all that. Anyway, the lease is being offered now at £39,848.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 10:48am shoei wrote:
Lincoln's is great it is the only clubbie pub in lewes. i don't always what to go to brighton to go out and have fun i hope it stays open

On 10 Jun 2012 at 12:58pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
There often seems to be an awful lot of broken glass out the back and in the twitten that runs alongside it. I wondered if they held glass throwing contests or something.

On 10 Jun 2012 at 10:09pm NotGood wrote:
It's a townie nightmare, that place. Went in there once and the sense of aggro was tangible. Seen two fights outside as well, and the police always seem to be hanging around.
I'm not against something more lively in Lewes but why do we have to have a slice of West Street rather than something out of North Laine?

On 11 Jun 2012 at 1:58am Why wrote:
Notgood...I totally agree with you when you say about the sense of aggro. It has the atmosphere that any minute the whole place is going to kick off.
I have been in their twice and twice have had a drink and left.
Shoie...There is no problem with it if it is properly managed but it is obviously not. People leaving there are often unable to walk so why on earth are they allowed on the premises. Then when you go past it on a Saturday or Sunday morning the whole area around it is a s**thole.
The sooner the place is dealt with the better.

On 11 Jun 2012 at 9:52am Cliffite wrote:
Why blame the place when it is clearly the punters who are of that ilk. What came first, the chicken or the egg; or even the slapper or the stripper pole? The townies do exist, we can't just pretend they don't and go around with blinkers on our whole lives. Ha oh wait, this is Lewes, of course we can. In all seriousness though, places like this need to exist to cater for these types of peoples' needs otherwise they'll end up in the nicer establishments around town.

On 17 Jun 2012 at 7:24pm Lincolns wrote:
Why, unfortunately as nicely as you can ask patrons, and as much as you feel like referring to the licensing act 2003 some people just do not listen. As with any licensed premises be it a pub or club, in London or Lewes testosterone mixed with alcohol can always be a problem, anyone caught or suspected to be using/dealing in drugs, or partaking in any antisocial behaviour, namely fighting etc, will be barred and if they are known name it will be brought up at Pubwatch. As for customers leaving unable to walk, we take every measure available to make sure intoxicated people are not being served, and those who do become intoxicated are asked to leave.
We are in the midst of having a major overhaul, to remove the relics of the old Lincolns, and cater to a generally more agreeable crowd. But unfortunately these things take time.
If you have any gripes feel free to pop in for a chat, or drop us in a letter, we are after all trying to make it an enjoyable venue for everyone

On 18 Jun 2012 at 10:14pm Scary Portas wrote:
Good luck to LIncolns, the 'yoof' of Lewes and nearby villages need somewhere to go so you are delivering a public service. Lovely roof terrace too.
Perhaps the god burghers of Lewes will pay for a weekly chariot to take them to the Trek Club in Seaford -well worth a visit for 'comparative' purposes. THis benefits from being a bit out of town, but they always had police attending near closing time -don't they do that in Lewes?

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Arch Bishop burning 4:132
Arch Bishop burning

Of course they won't, what did they do about the protests in London a while back? Treated them with kid gloves, no kettling, no... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like it when people find lost stuff on the forum
Jim