Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

LibDems #fail

On 8 Dec 2017 at 9:22am Tim wrote:
I see the Greens won the council byelection last night, after the previous Green councillor couldn't be bothered to turn up to meetings. Isnt the definition of madness to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result? But what's going on with the LibDems when they can't get their act together against this shambles? Seriously, what has happened to the LibDems in Lewes? They can't beat Maria f***ing Caulfield, and now this! Be glad to see the back of 2017 as far as politics is concerned. Norman we miss you
On 8 Dec 2017 at 9:31am Blue Lewes wrote:
Lewes has gone back to a safe tory seat. The Ukippers have come back to the fold, and even if you factor in the idiotic labour vote, the Lib Dem’s can’t win
Happy days
On 8 Dec 2017 at 11:17am Tory Tom wrote:
‘Idiotic labour vote’
Indeed check the Lewes pages on FB and you’ll see them froathing at the mouth about the latest cause. Lewes Labour, the gift that keeps on giving :-)
On 8 Dec 2017 at 12:16pm The Greek wrote:
^ Believing in a cause and wanting to change the world for the better.. what an absolute scandal.
On 8 Dec 2017 at 1:35pm Woolfie Smith wrote:
I bet you were wearing a Coal not Dole’ Badge when you typed that
Freedom for Tooting !!
On 8 Dec 2017 at 2:56pm Citizen Smith wrote:
Norman, I miss you like I miss the piles in my rectum that my good NHS doctor has now cured.
Labour, you did a good job years ago in bringing some equality to the working classes: but now you are causing trouble by not allowing hard workers to keep what they earn.
I now have a partner who has produced two children. The extra benefit was a lot more, but still not very good. But next week I am starting full time employment with a local small business- and the owner is prepared to give me a reference to get a mortgage once I have proved that I am a good worker.
It's not all bad. Watch this space
On 8 Dec 2017 at 3:11pm Feline wrote:
Your partner managed to produce the children all by herself did she? Amazing......
On 8 Dec 2017 at 3:30pm Work hard and starve wrote:
She’s a good self sufficient Tory
Not reliant on anyone
Not like benefit sponging layabouts
On 8 Dec 2017 at 4:27pm Citizen Smith wrote:
@ Feline- I suggest you get a book from the library on reproduction- or perhaps ask your mother. I will post the details later, after the watershed.
On 8 Dec 2017 at 5:36pm Citizen Woolfie wrote:
2 posters with the same moniker - I smell illiteratii. Froathing hell.
On 8 Dec 2017 at 10:33pm Green Sludge wrote:
what a joke. like a battered wife the plebs return to the rabble who gave them a town hall councillor who cant be bothered to show up and a district one who can only find her own division when there’s an election.
i hope princess phoenix knows where malling is. anything will be an improvement.
lord daddy renton can lend her his chauffeur for the perilous journey over the river i suppose!!!!
On 9 Dec 2017 at 10:14am Green Shoots wrote:
@GreenSludge, I agree, it's confusing: if the Greens are so rubbish, and the LibDems (for a disgruntled LibDem you surely are) are such a vital pillar of the community in Malling, then why do people keep voting Green in droves? You keep scratching your tiny pin head, Mrs Ellis
On 9 Dec 2017 at 11:20am Sashimi wrote:
Green Shoots, your pseudonym betrays your allegiance too. Chelsea was a very pleasant and personable candidate and I am sure she will be an effective town councillor, unlike most of the motley crew of Greens elected in 2015. I'm not clear whether she's joined the Official or a Provo wing of the split Party that treats the Town Council as a debating society for issues that are not in the Council's competence, instead of getting to grips with the Council's bloated budget that costs each household an average £154 pa. I know that the Greens/Transition Town/Subud faction in the Town provided support for her Phoenix/NSQ venture. But, I'm wondering if she'll be comfortable forever in a 'single issue party' with some bolt-on Marxist policies.
Remember the result of this by election was a GREEN HOLD, not a GAIN. The ward was swamped with Brighton Greens who won't necessarily be back when they have their own elections on the same day. The weather and the timings may also have affected the result.
On 9 Dec 2017 at 11:34am Sushi me wrote:
Well, slap a cod on me and call me Nyotaimori
On 9 Dec 2017 at 11:41am Chinese Junk wrote:
Well bolt on a Marxist policy and call me Red Oktober.
On 9 Dec 2017 at 11:59am Sashimi wrote:
Webbo, Chinese Junk is a fraud; he's really Red Oktober.

On 9 Dec 2017 at 8:34pm Harry Karrie wrote:
I thought Chinese junk was what you got when you bought an electrical item on e-bay.

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pipe Passage 107:143
Pipe Passage

What happened to my post made last night? Is there a curfew from 11 pm? What are the rules with this forum? Just tell me and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington