Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes what impact ?

On 24 Nov 2016 at 8:15pm Tim nice but dim wrote:
With Donald Trump winning the future presidency I was wondering what effect this will have on Lewes. This is a legitimate concern of mine. Will we see a Trump tower in the town centre? Will Donald give Lewes away as a peace offering to Putin? Will his wife Melanie Trump be made the Mayoress of Lewes and grace us with infinite words of wisdom and speeches? I'm really worried, we as a community have time to prepare before this transition. Just what will happen to Lewes, what say you?
On 24 Nov 2016 at 9:00pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
Obviously after burning three effigies of Trump on November 5th, we are now a target. I suspect that any trade deals with the US will now include the clause that Lewes receives some form of humiliation. Perhaps the New School will be converted to a gun club and the Lewes Arms will be forced to have a big screen television showing Fox TV. Whatever happens, I'm sure we'll be at the forefront of his mind.
On 24 Nov 2016 at 9:09pm Tipex wrote:
Nothing. Lewes resists all change, so nothing. Change is bad. Change is an evil brought about by people from Islington and Camden who dare to infiltrate the town. Lewes only exists for those who haven't been further than 2 miles from Cliffe bridge in their entire lives. Lewes will remain as it was in a sepia and rose tinted 1970s image from an archived front page of Ye Olde Express. Everything else is just progress which has no place in this great town.
On 24 Nov 2016 at 9:47pm Pete Misef wrote:
EoL. That made me laugh
On 24 Nov 2016 at 9:50pm Nike wrote:
We do live in a bubble! Just head to Brighton and the world is burning!
On 24 Nov 2016 at 10:19pm Critic wrote:
Indeed EoL, very good
Tipex' s on the other hand is dross. Tired, predictable, recycled rubbish Leave humour to those who can do it
On 25 Nov 2016 at 12:10am Nowhere wrote:
I thought Tippexs contribution was brilliant! Totally nailed it.
On 25 Nov 2016 at 1:05pm yawn wrote:
I feel you'd be more at home over on the Guardian's comment board tipex - you can froth yourself into an iconoclastic delusion with all the other snowflake 'progressives'.
On 25 Nov 2016 at 3:10pm Driver wrote:
This has just been brought to my attention. After further investigation, I think I would like to visit the mediaeval town of Lewes if time permits when I visit your wonderful country and Queen. I understand that you have an above average of traditional bars known as "pubs" and look forward to sampling local ale with a few "regulars" who share my views.
On 25 Nov 2016 at 3:14pm Driver wrote:
Sorry! I thought I had posted as "Donald Trump"! Just for a laugh.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Willeys Bridge 131:132
Willeys Bridge

90% of the adult population have had 1 vaccine already in the UK, with around 82% double dosed. It would come as no surprise that... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like All the wide open spaces on the downs
Jojo