Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes phone survey

On 7 Aug 2014 at 11:36pm bothered wrote:
Someone phoned my landline this evening 'conducting a survey in the Lewes Constituency'. He wouldn't tell me who commissioned this survey. I didn't answer his questions. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know what it was for?
On 8 Aug 2014 at 12:52am Not bothered wrote:
Perhaps if you'd asked the caller you could have told us.

On 8 Aug 2014 at 8:02am No unsolicited calls wrote:
On a similar call at the weekend, the caller claimed to be phoning from 'Populus', a market research organisation. Caller number was 0345 3130 337. But, in this case, ignoring the no calls telephone preference service.
On 8 Aug 2014 at 12:08pm PLUMPTON LAD wrote:
Did they ask about voting intentions? Presume so if they mentioned Lewes Constituency. Sounds like it is an opinion poll carried out for one of the political parties or for a newspaper (or Lord Ashcroft, a Tory Peer who spends a small fortune on opinion polling but then makes the findings public). Will be interesting to see the results

On 8 Aug 2014 at 12:28pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
They rang me, too, despite me being registered with TPS and having an ex-directory number.

On 8 Aug 2014 at 1:05pm trooper wrote:
I had a call from a Mr Anderson claiming to be from LDC asking for details of my property, do you own it, do you pay rent, number of bedrooms etc.He stated he was from the LDC Admin dept,I contacted LDC who have no knowledge of him and there is no such dept and they would not ask these questions over the phone.
1471 tells me number withheld, so please be careful.

On 8 Aug 2014 at 1:36pm Grumpy trader wrote:
Same as ACT , I didn't answer it ,

On 8 Aug 2014 at 5:15pm frustrated wrote:
all these calls should be reported to trading standards,and I think crimestoppers online service may have an option to report such things , you all sound capable of spotting a scam but the elderly aren't all so able ,so to protect them being ripped off it is well worth reporting such calls

On 8 Aug 2014 at 8:00pm Sussex Jim wrote:
There are only two words to say to these junk callers. the second word is "off".
Unfortunately, being ex-d or TPS registered does not stop the disreputable or foreign calls.

On 8 Aug 2014 at 8:38pm Fairmeadow wrote:
Populus is a pukka polling company. You don't have to participate if you don't want to, but nothing sinister. See www.populus.co.uk
On 8 Aug 2014 at 8:42pm No Idea wrote:
Thought pukka was a make of pie

On 9 Aug 2014 at 1:39am Farmer Giles wrote:
My guess is that they are Subuds trying to get into the minds of the dick heads that use this forum.

On 9 Aug 2014 at 8:03am Trouble... wrote:
Don't you use it then?

On 9 Aug 2014 at 8:40am Emma Roid wrote:
Farmer Giles - you`re a pain in the arris

On 9 Aug 2014 at 8:46am Some idea wrote:
No idea ,I take it you`re jesting ? Pukka is an Indian word meaning real/ of good quality- comes from when Britain was Great and we owned India .
On 9 Aug 2014 at 9:36am Buzyby wrote:
Don`t ya just love your privatised phone network
On 9 Aug 2014 at 11:12am The Greek wrote:
TPS and ex-directory is pointless with random number generators.

On 11 Aug 2014 at 11:08am Zorba wrote:
And the original Random Number Generator - ERNIE - of Premium Bond infamy , ain`t much use either.

On 19 Sep 2014 at 7:37pm Dorota26 wrote:
Those who follow trends know that 24home, has been known for its high quality, original and intricately designed home furnishings

Check it out here »

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Cross 49:143
Keere Street Cross

Great idea. Let's all hop on a jet and pollute the skies. Or we could stay at home, eat less and exercise more. Sounds like a... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa