Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Forum

On 6 Oct 2016 at 7:35pm can I just say wrote:
Only known this forum for about a month. Lewes is such a great little town, so proud to be a resident and therefore a little upset to see the infatuation on this forum with drugs. Yes, it is a problem but I'm quite sure if we are suffering there is a whole lot more of suffering elsewhere on a greater level. It's here it is quite obviously not going anywhere. This venting of opinions is going nowhere, there is a point where we have to agree to disagree. Let's use this forum for the right reason. Yeah and the odd bit of trolling is amusing. But only the odd bit!!
On 6 Oct 2016 at 8:58pm Oh believe me... wrote:
This is way preferable to the EU referendum ,jeez that was never ending.
On 6 Oct 2016 at 9:20pm The Greek wrote:
Dw it will be bonfire soon
On 6 Oct 2016 at 9:21pm its not all about drugs wrote:
Theres always mumford and son,god help us.
On 6 Oct 2016 at 9:26pm Lewes Citizen wrote:
What about Bills tables?...now there is a real topic
On 6 Oct 2016 at 10:06pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I don't think a month is long enough to really form an opinion, OP.
It'll soon move on to something else.
On 7 Oct 2016 at 6:25am Earl of Lewes wrote:
This forum has improved since Paul Newman and Ian Freestone stopped writing their long, unreadable posts, but issues like Brexit and drugs are tedious because nobody ever changes their minds. There are also some topics, like the parking fines in the space outside Laura Ashley, that seem to be on a loop tape. At its best, this forum has helped tackle antisocial behaviour, exposed a corrupt property sale by the local council and given people the lowdown on local schools and businesses. I also like the local gossip aspect. But I'm not looking forward to the forthcoming ritual of bonfire societies slagging each other off.
On 7 Oct 2016 at 7:05am Lewesian wrote:
You wait until they start on politics on here, that'll blow your mind pal
On 7 Oct 2016 at 7:46am Doga wrote:
What about the time that DFL wrote in the paper about us all being racists and bigots.
He wrote that people use to stare at his wife, kids would ask his children why their noses were so big and that The Lewes forum fueled hatred towards the DFLS. He also claimed to live next door to a BNP Member who would ignore him.
The forum came into its own in the weeks following that article.
Does anyone know if he still lives here?
On 7 Oct 2016 at 8:20am Bloke wrote:
That was when I first heard of the forum. I heard he moved away and split up with his wife but that could be vicious rumours. He used the town to forward his own career but in the end it may have backfired on him. He was a living embodiment of the SJW cliche.
On 7 Oct 2016 at 9:51am Harry wrote:
I went to buy some drugs outside Laura Ashley and got into an argument about Brexit with someone playing Mumford music on his car stereo. Am I in the right place to discuss?
On 7 Oct 2016 at 10:14am Pedro wrote:
@ Harry, was that person parking his car legally outside Laura Ashley though?
On 7 Oct 2016 at 1:07pm Town Flyer wrote:
If he gets a ticket, just tell him to ignore it.
On 8 Oct 2016 at 9:11am OMG wrote:
And just when you thing it can't get worse PN raises his head.
On 8 Oct 2016 at 9:29am I really do wrote:
I just find this forum highly, highly entertaining.
It is actually hilarious.
The more serious the post, the more people get themselves worked up about it, which is funny in itself. The more the sarcastic or witty comments start coming through, the more entertaining it gets.
Stick with it OP, you will soon start looking forward to settling down in the evening with a glass of wine and laughing out loud at many of the posts on here.
On 8 Oct 2016 at 1:18pm EvenWorse wrote:
I find it far more disturbing that people are on here going on about dogging.
On 9 Oct 2016 at 11:26am Taff wrote:
Must admit I visit much less these days ad hardly contribute. The amount of drivel responses ruins most discussion. But dilligaf all the same.

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Station Lewes 119:143
Station Lewes

Once more onto the beach dear fiends.... Nev, I'm not trying to impress or confuse, just saying what I believe, and what I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington