Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Celebrations

On 3 Nov 2008 at 2:00pm David Finch wrote:
A friend of mine put me on to this site so please can I ask is it safe to park my car in Landport on the 5th of November? We came by train last year and it took to long to get home.

On 3 Nov 2008 at 2:06pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
I wouldn't as Commercial Square's procession goes down there, and there is likely to be lots of people. Also parking is awful.

On 3 Nov 2008 at 2:16pm landport resident wrote:
We find it hard enough to park our own cars. With outsiders taking up parking spaces it leaves the people of landport not being able to park their cars especially when they come home from work. If you have to come to Lewes then use the trains and stay away from landport with your cars.

On 3 Nov 2008 at 5:03pm Another landport resident wrote:
well said and seconded landport resident. Ditto to all of that.

On 3 Nov 2008 at 5:50pm I live in Landport too wrote:
Theres loads of room down here. Tell all your friends too.

On 3 Nov 2008 at 6:37pm mr happy wrote:
I parked my car at Landport last year and my wing mirror got ripped off - cost me 150 pounds to get mended. Like the other threads said - Landport is already full of residents cars and it is very difficult to get outwhen there is a procession running through it!

On 3 Nov 2008 at 7:12pm Lopster wrote:
Oh So FUNNY "I Live In In Landport" - who OBVIOUSLY doesn't - my sides are splitting - tell me when I can stop laughing - HA HA hah!

On 3 Nov 2008 at 7:26pm landport resident wrote:
You can laugh all you want but if anyone parks outside my house then their mirrors wont be there in the morning. Cheeky ba**ards. Get a bloody train if your so desperate to see the parade.

On 3 Nov 2008 at 9:14pm Mr Bone wrote:
don't park there they are working class

On 3 Nov 2008 at 10:05pm Weasel Warrior wrote:
Mr Bonehead they are indeed - and proud of it, not sponging-class or mater-and-pater-class which are you?

On 4 Nov 2008 at 12:19am Sashka wrote:
Please don't park in the town. I am sorry the train is a bit rubbish, but that isn't our fault. You do get an amazing free night of entertainment, unmatched anywhere in the world, after all. Those people who live in the town centre have no choice but to move their cars out of the line of fire, wether they like bonfire or not. And because of our money grabbing parking scheme, they have little enough space as it is, without visitors clogging it up too. Have a great night, and remember that if you come by train, you can enjoy an extra pint of Harvey's on the way home.

On 4 Nov 2008 at 7:43am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Thank you for making the point that it's free to the spectator Sashka. I hope you'll be very generous when the charity boxes come round, Mr Finch!
If you get here early enough, Tesco's car park has to be the best place to park. That way you can leave when you like, you don't have to wait for the road closures to finish before you can drive out. Before I moved to Lewes, we used to park in town in the afternoon and could never leave again until well after 11.

On 4 Nov 2008 at 10:22am David Finch wrote:
I would like to thank some of you for your comments. Last year I held a bonfire party and all the money raised will be given to the most deserving bonfire society. If you have any suggestions please put them here, and again many thanks.

On 4 Nov 2008 at 11:32am freqeist1 wrote:
park where you can get a space, the estates are a best bet .. just busy
ignore the 'not in my back yard brigade' Ive lived in Lewes all my life incidentally.

On 4 Nov 2008 at 12:11pm ladport resident wrote:
Give us your address and we'll park outside your place, see how you like it you pratt!!!!

On 4 Nov 2008 at 1:57pm C,Frew. U wrote:
Firstly david Flinch, why do you need a train to get back to nevill or wherever it is in Lewes you live? Secondly, if there was a society named the 'Tongue in Cheek Society' you could both donate your profits and become chairman of it.

On 4 Nov 2008 at 2:41pm Taff wrote:
Mr Finch, ALL the bonfire societies will have nominated charities, as they do each year so buy their programmes see who the charities are and make the donation accordingly.
Let the train take the strain.

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

South Downs Way 106:132
South Downs Way

The EU seems to have been working fairly well for the UK in terms of agreeing EU laws and regulations. Given that we have voted... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams