Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Let's talk about good music

On 22 Oct 2010 at 11:40am bobkomas wrote:
I love music like "Queen". What about you?

On 22 Oct 2010 at 12:06pm timdim wrote:
I hate music like 'Queen'.

On 22 Oct 2010 at 1:00pm MC wrote:
Even if started by a spam robot (but why?) I'd like to take the chance to sing the praises of an album by Show of Hands called Arrogance, Ignorance & Greed.
It really is rather good.

On 22 Oct 2010 at 1:21pm timdim wrote:
Now that's more like it!

On 22 Oct 2010 at 1:41pm MC wrote:
Now I think of it "Arrogance, Ignorance & Greed" seems very Lewes. I'm sure Tom Paine would have approved.

On 22 Oct 2010 at 2:54pm sore buttocks wrote:
My first concert was Queen at Earls Ct ,about 1976 I think. Very spectacular and impressive when you are 13.

On 22 Oct 2010 at 4:07pm timdim wrote:
I actually saw Queen when they supported Mott the Hoople in 1974 - they were good then.

On 22 Oct 2010 at 11:24pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Bowie was my first concert. But he was a tiny spec on the stage and I just wanted to go to sleep after a big fat spliff....

On 23 Oct 2010 at 12:20pm king cnut wrote:
Wow, just watched Youtube of Roots by Show of Hands. What a great song!

On 23 Oct 2010 at 12:25pm Peter Byron wrote:
Morrissey. I rest my case. Best, Peter

On 23 Oct 2010 at 3:28pm Clifford wrote:
i saw Van der Graaf Generator at the Lyceum in London in the early 1970s. The only thing that spoilt it were Lindisfarne and Genesis on the same bill.

On 23 Oct 2010 at 5:00pm Peter Byron wrote:
You have a long memory Clifford! I can't remember what I done last week!!!Good on you my friend. Best Peter

On 23 Oct 2010 at 5:42pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Bowie was one of my first concerts, too, but it was in the upstairs room at the Greyhound in Croydon which was probably smaller than the Corn Exchange in the town hall. He was supported that night by an unknown band called Roxy Music, who were fantastic. Brian Eno still is imo
My first gig was a benefit and the bill included Julie Driscoll and Jethro Tull.

On 23 Oct 2010 at 6:13pm Ken Wood wrote:
1972 The Oval: Wishbone Ash, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Genesis, Argent, Focus, Jack Bruce. Sat on the back of a Honda 50 for 30 miles to get there.

On 23 Oct 2010 at 6:15pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
We are not worthy ACT - thats impressive !

On 23 Oct 2010 at 10:31pm Peter Byron wrote:
Cheers to you all, now we are doomed with X Factor, son and friends here tonite are loving it, driving me to drink (not that it takes much) but please spare me Simon and Co. Peter

On 23 Oct 2010 at 10:49pm Fruitfly wrote:
My first ever gig was seeing Jimmy Page playing with Arms & Legs at Plumpton Half Moon in 1977,I was just 6 years old...and I met Ronnie Wood that evening

On 23 Oct 2010 at 10:55pm Peter Byron wrote:
And you can remember at 6yrs of age? Mind you who could forget Ronnie Wood ha ha. Fruitfly, that was a good memory to share. Best Peter

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Station Street Lewes 111:132
Station Street Lewes

I don't think Santa is on-line at all, you just have to leave a note by the chimney. And hope you've been good all year. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo