Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Legalise weed

On 22 Jul 2016 at 7:15am Bam alcohol wrote:
So it's official, alcohol causes at least 7 types of cancer. I have to say I am very pleased I don't drink it...

Check it out here »
On 22 Jul 2016 at 7:17am Elliot Ness wrote:
Well said buddy.
On 22 Jul 2016 at 7:20am + wrote:
Did you mean "ban"?
On 22 Jul 2016 at 9:04am Bam alcohol wrote:
Yeah I might have, typo and my fuzzy morning eyesight didn't spot it on my iPhone screen. I do love getting old...
On 22 Jul 2016 at 9:27am + wrote:
Don't we all!
On 22 Jul 2016 at 12:08pm Ecilop wrote:
Loss of eyesight in the morning getting old or too much weed ?

On 22 Jul 2016 at 12:25pm Resilewes wrote:
I'm not saying there should be a ban on alcohol, but the ban on weed now has become so pointless, counter productive and trivial, as well as hypocritical.

There is so much misinformation about cannabis, that its either the greatest thing known to man and cures all ailments, or its evil, brainwashing and people end up on an inevitable slippery slope to shooting up heroin. The former is more believable and realistic, but our government should be ploughing money into research into its medicinal benefits (and possible dangers) and allow adults to indulge legally and with a clean and regulated supply of cannabis. Its starting to happen all over the world now, and Britain shouldn't be the amongst the last to jump on the bandwagon (as we're missing out of enormous amounts of tax revenues that we can ill afford to lose, as well as freeing up police resources).

I'm sure this thread will descend into some sort of snobbery against cannabis and some contempt towards people who use it, but I would encourage these people to do some research before drawing hasty conclusions. The comment above about eyes/vision (not sure if it was just a joke or contempt, but just fyi) - cannabis is actually used to successfully treat glaucoma (one of the leading causes of blindness) - and increases blood flow to the eyes. Meanwhile alcohol can lead to long term vision impairment.
On 22 Jul 2016 at 1:01pm Ban alcohol wrote:
If it was the weed it was get fuzzier as the day wore on not clearer. It's old age, both my parents needed reading glasses in mid forties, no surprise I do too.
On 22 Jul 2016 at 2:59pm Ban sex wrote:
everything cause cancer including stress and alcohol in moderation can ease stress,not long ago we were all being told to look to the Mediterranean way of life as the way to go since they live longer and drink.Moderation is the key.

On 22 Jul 2016 at 10:43pm Resilewes wrote:
If only alcohol's consequence/benefit was that it eased stress, but sadly on the balance books, alcohol causes far more wide scale problems and issues against the few sociable highs.
"Everything causes cancer" - a claim so often spouted based on nothing more than misperception and not wanting to deal with reality. I am not calling for a ban on alcohol, but its clear that alcohol is a harmful substance and has caused death, illness, accidents, rapes, violence, anti-social behaviour and aggression on a scale like no other substance legal or illegal. As a society, we have to address this, and perhaps find other outlets and pursuits to enjoy safely. Weed is surely a candidate given the overwhelming evidence towards its numerous medicinal effects, lower addiction rate (and being not physically addictive) and almost insurmountably high overdose limit.
On 23 Jul 2016 at 12:18pm Grunge wrote:
IMO the trouble is that in England we don't know how to drink sensibly. The Mediterraneans do, and alcohol is not normally a problem for them. Unfortunately we still seem to keep the habits of the "Berserkers", those Viking invaders who used to drink themselves into a state of rage to enable them to invade countries fiercely.
If we could adopt Mediterranean ways of drinking, as well as adopting their healthy food, we might do well.

On 25 Jul 2016 at 11:14pm Meldrew wrote:
The Council already have.
Weeds are growing everywhere, or should I call them conservation areas?

On 26 Jul 2016 at 8:52pm Dr know wrote:
yes it should be legalised,please look up the effects though,especially tests on brain development when used a lot in the teens.

On 27 Jul 2016 at 12:54pm Bam Alcohol wrote:
Yeah as opposed to all the positives that come from alcohol consumption...

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

lewes penny 73:132
lewes penny

Labour will be ditching the 25% council tax discount for single occupancy homes. Someone has the pay for free broadband more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle