Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Leaving Europe.

On 17 Dec 2015 at 5:26pm Some questions. wrote:
After we leave Europe how long will it take to make the foreigners leave our country?Will we have to force them out if they wont go?Will we buy their houses or take them compulsorily to give to those those English who are abroad in Europe and will have to leave and come back here?Nobody is answering this.Why?
On 17 Dec 2015 at 6:13pm Teacher wrote:
How could we possibly leave Europe? The British Isles are part of Europe.
Learn some geography.
On 17 Dec 2015 at 9:15pm Olga wrote:
I don't understand why UK have to pay migrants benefits, but other countries don't have the same benefits to pay to UK citizens when they go to say Poland. And how come Poland PM get to say what benefits we give or not. It's completely mad !
On 18 Dec 2015 at 9:51am Rippingyarns wrote:
The country was taken into a political union in 1972 without the consent of it's people and then lied to in 1975 when told it was only a common market.
We have lost control of our borders, our sovereignty has been given away in successive treaties and EU laws and diktats are increasingly imposed on us without debate or modification in our parliament. We are sneered at and insulted by eurocrats while giving 10 Billion pounds a year for the privilege as our hospitals and services are cut to the bone.
Be warned if we do not vote to leave it will be taken as consent to submerge the UK once and for all into a federal United states of Europe and we will never be able to leave.
Peter Hithchens documentary 'this sceptic isle' linked, an excellent dispassionate case on we must leave.

Watch the video »
On 18 Dec 2015 at 10:18am Clement Attlee wrote:
I presume this is PN with his usual rubbish.
We joined the EU (EEC as it was then) in 1973, not 1972. The Tory government which took us in was elected by the people in 1970 so how was that without our consent ? The 1975 referendum on staying in was approved by 67% of the electorate.
If we leave we will still have to trade with the EU, accepting their rules but without any say in getting them changed.
If we wanted to spend more on hospitals, education, etc we could - scrap Trident and save many billions, scrap HS2 and save many more billions, fill the gap between the amount of tax due and tax collected - another saving of many billions.
Finally wouldn't it be nice if this country had a real leader for these issues - and we have Cameron

On 18 Dec 2015 at 10:28am Redballs wrote:
Don't worry Clem vote in for the referendum and we will get Frau Merkel not Camoron.
On 18 Dec 2015 at 10:31am Rippingyarns wrote:
Who is PN you utter prat?
Actually the European communities Act gained royal assent on 17 October 1972.
The referendum in 1975 the country was told it there would be no loss of sovereignty and that it was only a common market. It was a lie.
during the 1970 general election, Edward Heath said that further European integration would not happen “except with the full-hearted consent of the Parliaments and peoples of the new member countries. However, no referendum was held when Britain agreed to an accession treaty on 22 January 1972
Watch the documentary and educate yourself.
If we leave the EU we can negotiate a mutually beneficial trade deal just like America just like Australia just like Canada.
I feel very sorry that you don;t have the intelligence to understand that you don't need to be in a political union to trade.
On 18 Dec 2015 at 11:48am Some questions. wrote:
Good ,but how long before the foriegners are made to leave our country?
On 18 Dec 2015 at 12:19pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
It's a good question, actually.
Currently, any EU citizen who has lived and worked in the UK for 5 years has the same right to benefits etc as any UK citizen. If the UK were to leave the EU, would EU citizens already enjoying those rights retain them, or would they be lost?
On 18 Dec 2015 at 12:54pm Serf wrote:
Basically, as my son says, those who voted in 75 were either very foolish or were deceived by dodgy salesmen. After all, keeping out of the EU has been catastrophic for Norway hasn't it!
There is an awful lot of people who will lose out if Brexit happens and they often don't want you to know who they are.
On 18 Dec 2015 at 1:33pm Some questions. wrote:
We will need houses for all the returning British.We will i hope give them the foreigners houses.Then we will be great britain again,like in the past when they are all gone away.
On 18 Dec 2015 at 2:11pm Rippingyarns wrote:
Some Questions: No one will have to return if they live abroad and no one living here will have to leave.
This is about secession from a political union and the restoration of democracy and parliament as the sovereign power of the UK.
On 18 Dec 2015 at 2:26pm Some questions. wrote:
But the foriegners and terrorists are filling us up and pushing us out.They have to go we are Britain not european or that .Like Trump and UKIP says build a wall keep us safe.They are here.
On 18 Dec 2015 at 3:10pm overton wrote:
Who is "we" by the way. If you allow people to think they own something then they are often willing to make sacrifices for it. When you let on that they never were the owners they might be a bit miffed.
In the neoliberal outlook there are no people but just individual economic entities that can be shuffled around to wherever they are " needed".

On 19 Dec 2015 at 6:49pm Lord Foole of Firle wrote:
Where`s Europe?Damned if I know.

On 21 Dec 2015 at 10:02am HeyHo wrote:
"we will be great britain again"
We've always been larger than Brittany ('Little Britain") and as far as I know we'll stay that way, whether we remain in the EU or not.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Downward dog 33:132
Downward dog

Ugh, you give TP an inch and he takes a mile with eugenics and other wackadoodle stuff. I do sense though that the power is... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington