Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Labour Party Conference

On 25 Sep 2015 at 11:59am Pah wrote:
The Labour Party conference will be in Brighton next week we should hear the screaming from Lewes.
Labour were dismissed by the country due to a number of perceptions, rightly or wrongly. They are not trusted on the economy, they are seen as anti-English, only concerned with people on welfare and not on the side of anyone who is not an immigrant, a Public sector union member, or visiting a food bank. In addition the anti-business stuff went down badly and they are just generally see an as too left wing.
Far from Corbyn-mania Corbyn has achieved a feat not matched even by Foot of getting a new leader sink rather than a bounce, (Com Res). No other Labour leader has ever done this. 20% of the inadequate supply of Labour voters say they will not vote Labour under Corbyn ( Independent ).
Labour are now not trusted in defense in addition to the woes bequeathed by Red Ed and the Party is seen not just as slightly left wing but as wildly left wing with almost no connection to Labour potential voters ( See Peter Kellner in New Statesman U Gov Survey).
For the Parliamentary Party the prospects for continued employment are grim with purges threatened by the hard left and voters drifting away anyway.
If I were a Labour strategist, I would be advising the entire brand was ditched, the antics of the last few weeks will surely not be forgotten and sooner or later ordinary left leaning people will need representation.
This time the country must get the moderate Social Democratic Party it has long needed for our democracy to function and it would be better to face this fact now .
What do you think ?
On 25 Sep 2015 at 2:41pm Jim Taylor wrote:
Hi Pah
I've just posted on this forum on this subject. Could you possibly email me - jim.taylor@bbc.co.uk - as I'm producing a programme around the Labour conference next week?
Jim
On 25 Sep 2015 at 3:32pm Labour, what a joke wrote:
Dead duck leader, fantasy policies, no hope what so ever of gaining power
Time to put the old girl out of her misery
On 25 Sep 2015 at 8:58pm Labour Forever wrote:
Labour will win the next election.You pervy pig botherering, Nom Dom status denying,tax fiddling crooks.
On 25 Sep 2015 at 9:34pm Superlative Fellatio wrote:
Dear Um Pah,
You really do know how to hog the forum.. Its lucky most forum uses aren't likely to swallow your utter tripe most likely they will drift off or should that be drove right off!
Achtung Schweinehund !
On 25 Sep 2015 at 10:40pm Belladonna wrote:
Pah is just another name for Islington Tory Paul Newman who regularly winds everyone up on this forum with his generalisations and insults. Please don't invite him on your programme.
On 25 Sep 2015 at 11:01pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
Dear "Superlative Fellatio"
Pig jokes aside, which you do very well, I fear with JC as the official opposition, the Conservative Party will increase their majority at the next election. "Pah" has summarised the cold facts. JC is intensely popular among a small minority of people, but he will not win the next election. If anyone here thinks other wise, then I am open to a modest wager.
CH.
On 26 Sep 2015 at 1:30am Jeff wrote:
He might not win the next election but what is so great about Corbyn is that he makes all the tories look so shallow and maybe he can bring back conviction politics and perhaps even own up to the fact that our politicians have absolutely no control over our islands economy
On 26 Sep 2015 at 2:30am Local wrote:
Yeah right. He's great, really great. You bell-end.
On 26 Sep 2015 at 8:13am Loony Leftie wrote:
Indeed local
Remember his first PQT, he couldn't even come up with his own questions
I could have done that !!
On 26 Sep 2015 at 8:44am Mark wrote:
How funny. Paul Newman head-hunted to form part of team of elite Corbyn bashers for a spot on BBC radio 5. White Van radio. The producers must have a keen nose for small-minded bigots!

On 26 Sep 2015 at 7:01pm Curate wrote:
Onanists removed by webbo - how long will S.F last?

On 26 Sep 2015 at 7:48pm King of Sussex wrote:
Well that puts Newman in a dilemma, an opportunity to express his intransigent hatred of Labour, BUT he has to do it through the BBC, who he also hates.
On 27 Sep 2015 at 12:45am Superlative wrote:
Onanists removed by webbo.. How long will that leach of many names Curate last on this Forum? Not long for the misguided Scum!
On 27 Sep 2015 at 7:52am Felicia wrote:
Excellent cars - I drive one myself . And it's leech, as in sucking not leach as in draining away. So Super F lets see who drains away first.
On 27 Sep 2015 at 8:01am Curate wrote:
Please chaps this animosity kinda lingers leaving a bad taste. I would suggest you both wash your mouths out. Suck a Lifebuoy (carbolic soap)
On 27 Sep 2015 at 5:57pm Troll Hunter wrote:
Felicia, Curate, King of the Knobs Etc..
You ain't got a Brain. See Ya.
Times Up!

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Castle Penny 62:132
Lewes Castle Penny

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan