Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

LADY TAXI DRIVER

2
8
On 11 Aug 2009 at 9:23am Antoinettes Cars wrote:
HEATHROW £150.00 return
GATWICK 60.00 return
EBBSFLEET180 return
ASHFORD 160.00 return
Air/sea ports, weddings, days out and special occasions
Local, Licenced, Luxury Mercedes
01273480045 07786005964
2
6
On 11 Aug 2009 at 10:52am Ed Can Do wrote:
£150 to Heathrow and back? You could hire a limo for less than that.
2
3
On 11 Aug 2009 at 1:28pm Rozzer wrote:
I assume these prices are meant to put us off using the company. Lewes-Gatwick by train = £8.60.
1
5
On 11 Aug 2009 at 2:42pm Toque wrote:
I immediately thought of The League of Gentlemen.
Anyone been watching Psychoville?
2
3
On 11 Aug 2009 at 9:49pm Angry of Lewes (Retd) wrote:
who wants a return trip to an airport - day out for plane spotters? - surely you either take me to the airport to catch a plane (one way) or pick me up from the airport after I've got out of a plane (one way) - extortion!!
2
6
On 11 Aug 2009 at 10:02pm Dooby wrote:
Gosh, I think I'll try hitch hiking. It seems to be back in fashion.
2
4
On 12 Aug 2009 at 9:44am Antoinettes Cars wrote:
You clearly dont get out much you should try it
 
4
On 12 Aug 2009 at 10:24am expat wrote:
I get out a lot and think that's an horrific price to get to the airports, sadly I know it 's roughly the going rate. It pushes the price of travel up horribly before you even get to fly anywhere.
1
1
On 12 Aug 2009 at 12:26pm Stephen wrote:
I have used Antoinette's Cars the return price means both ways therefore half the quoted price for one way Heathrow £75.00 etc, not bad in a luxury mercedes with a clean polite lady driver. In fact most dog ruff Lewes cars charge 80 to 90 and more for Heathrow.
1
2
On 12 Aug 2009 at 1:35pm Ed Can Do wrote:
When you say luxury Mercedes, how luxury do you mean? I reckon £75 would be alright for a ride to Heathrow in an SLR or even one of those AMG efforts. Certainly wouldn't take long...
 
1
On 12 Aug 2009 at 3:17pm STEPHEN wrote:
Tell you what ed phone the local cabs in Lewes and ask for a quote to Heathrow
 
1
On 12 Aug 2009 at 4:06pm sashimi wrote:
In fact Gatwick £60 return in a taxi shared between 4 people - 7.50 each way per person isn't much more than the train fare. If you have to take a taxi to and from the station it's probably a bit cheaper.
3
4
On 12 Aug 2009 at 5:11pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Tell you what Stephen (If that really is your name, I suspect it's actually Antoinette), post an advert for your business in pretty much any discussion forum on the internet and see if it doesn't get either taken the piss out of or deleted straight away.

I'm in the lucky position whereby every time I've ever needed to get to an airport I've been offered a lift from someone so I haven't a clue how much the going rate for a taxi is. I know roughly how much the going rate for a classified ad in a local paper is though.
 
 
On 12 Aug 2009 at 9:04pm ed wont do wrote:
bet its fun in your happy home !!
 
 
On 12 Aug 2009 at 10:00pm Keeley wrote:
£60 return to Gatwick??? RIP-OFF!!
1
1
On 12 Aug 2009 at 10:22pm Peppa Pig wrote:
Total rip-off, my advice - use Road Runners, telephone number available from 118500
 
3
On 13 Aug 2009 at 4:16pm Great Crested Newt wrote:
Sashimi, I suppose when you look at it that way, it works out quite cheap so next time wife, 2 kids n me go on our hols n get in the cab to Gatwick, we'll deduct a quarter of the fare each from my kids' spending money!!
2
3
On 13 Aug 2009 at 5:10pm Never again.. wrote:
Roadruners? I hope they are not that sorry shower who operate a 'taxi' service in Haywards Heath.Never on time,sometimes they do not come at all...But they are cheap.
 
 
On 13 Aug 2009 at 6:55pm how hard is it wrote:
im sure the return is to drop you there and go back after your hols for the return journey !! so gatwick 30 quid there and 30 quid back, so not too bad door to door anytime, thats how i read it,
1
1
On 13 Aug 2009 at 8:28pm harold wrote:
Being in the taxi trade myself, I would like to mention a few notes on booking airport journeys.
Make sure the company you use is insured to carry fare paying customers.
That the drivers hold the correct licence to drive you.
That the drivers are C R B checked.
Also that the fare includes any waiting time in the quoted price.(If your flight is delayed or your baggage lost you could end up with a very nasty bill)
That the driver will wait for you if your flight is delayed.(Some companies wont wait if you have not made contact with the driver within one hour of your arrival time)

 
 
On 13 Aug 2009 at 10:23pm Angry Lion wrote:
Never again, yes it is they and because of Road Runners I missed the third Lions test and had to stay in a pub I didn't want to be in and listen to it on the radio!
1
2
On 13 Aug 2009 at 11:10pm Never again. wrote:
Angry Lion...I have rang them to pick up my grandchild from school...They didn't trun up.I rang them to take me to the train station...they were too late.I have given up with Road runners...I don't know how they carry on cos they are still just as bad 2 years later.But they are very cheap.....
I got a taxi from Lewes at 3.00 to Gatwick (chose Where to Where) and got charged £40.One way.
I was happy with that as there were no trains and I didn't want to spend the night on a bench at Gatwick .40 sounds about right to me,especially at that ungodly hour.
 
 
On 14 Aug 2009 at 7:32pm mr happy wrote:
I agree ' never again' . They left my 84 year old neighbour stranded at the doctors last week and when we booked them from Brighton the other night the driver was half an hour late and then didnt know whether he was for us or not for another 20 minutes. You get what you pay for!!
 
 
On 14 Aug 2009 at 8:16pm Never Again wrote:
So they are the same bunch then...
I got a cab one night and the sat nav didn't work properly and we went miles out of my way.It was dark and I trusted him to get me home.He had the nerve to charge me and extra £2.50...I paid up,but made a note to never use them again. This was a couple of years back...I am amazed they are still going.
1
2
On 24 Jul 2015 at 10:01am Driver of a cab. wrote:
I am amazed at the posts stating how expensive a taxi is. I think people expect to pay just petrol money. This would mean 25 for the cab to get to Heathrow and back. However you must remember that us drivers need to make a living. Heathrow can be a 4 hour round trip. Of course as well as fuel costs, you must also take into account "wear and tear".
I expect you people walk in to Waitrose thinking about the fact that you are paying over the odds for your groceries, and that you should only pay the amount it costs to make a pint of milk. Forget the fact that these companies need to make a profit. It's the same for a cab driver.......why would I drive someone to Heathrow just to get paid the amount it cost in fuel. After all I need to keep the car running (servicing cost are not cheap) I also need to make money to live. How many of you would be happy to go to work and only get the amount it cost you to get there. Yes cabs are not cheap. You can take the train, but it is surely receive door to door service and not have to fight for seat. Or have the bother of bulky luggage.
 
1
On 24 Jul 2015 at 11:42am Passenger wrote:
If patrol is 3.50 a gallon and the heathrow round trip is 135mls and it costs you 25 then your car is doing 19mls to the gallon.
If I were you I'd drive a more economical car
 
3
On 24 Jul 2015 at 12:09pm Driver of a cab wrote:
Passenger. Petrol/diesel is not 3.50 a gallon in Lewes. I do many airport runs. I put in 25.00 for Heathrow so as to be sure I get there and back (being stuck on the M25 still uses fuel) Yes I could get a Micro car/super mini. However 4 people and 4 cases wouldn't fit. The council insist cars be a 4 door car and can seat 4 in comfort. Maybe you would like to see a free taxi service......how about everything for free!!!!!
 
1
On 24 Jul 2015 at 12:16pm ar10642 wrote:
"If patrol is 3.50 a gallon".
It isn't. 3.50 per gallon would be 76.9p per litre. 21 - 25 is about the guideline price for a return trip from Lewes to Heathrow for a car doing about 35-40mpg.
 
2
On 24 Jul 2015 at 12:27pm Driver of a cab wrote:
ar10642. Yes thank you. You are absolutely correct.


8 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes 23:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes

Please re-read dfl_in_lewes blatant liar and explain how that post can in anyway be interpreted as barking orders. Seems just a... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams