Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Is water becoming the new oil?

On 2 Sep 2013 at 10:36pm The water is ours wrote:
Nestle is buying up the world`s fresh water supplies.

Check it out here »

On 2 Sep 2013 at 10:58pm Border Control wrote:
Once fracking takes over, water will have to be imported and sold in bottles, even to wash in. Once it's poisoned and polluted its gone ! Buy your water butts now and collect safe water. Sinks with taps will be antiques ! Say NO TO FRACKING NOW !

On 2 Sep 2013 at 11:21pm The Old Mayor wrote:
Pumping the toxic water miles underground induces the earthquakes, by lubricating the fault lines in the same way as it does when forcing out the gas/oil. Over 100 tremors in Ohio since fracking began.

Watch the video »

On 3 Sep 2013 at 12:09am Deelite 2 wrote:
And four faults in Sussex rock. Oh what fun we will have.
On 3 Sep 2013 at 12:53am Dingo wrote:
But it can't be true that fracking causes earthquakes, because that nice MrCameron with the lovely posh voice and that fresh faced MrEgan of Cuadrilla say it's not true.So I'm not worried about it at all!

On 3 Sep 2013 at 12:59am it's our water wrote:
Does anybody else find the CEO of Nestle absolutely chilling?
On 3 Sep 2013 at 1:08am Protect our water wrote:
Please act before it`s too late.Fracking poisons water.

Check it out here »
On 3 Sep 2013 at 1:38am Fracking poisons water wrote:
Let`s take a look behind the glossy facade that goverments and the oil and gas industries presents about fracking.
It`s not a pretty sight.

Watch the video »
On 3 Sep 2013 at 2:00am Sussex wunt be fracked. wrote:
THis is what is needed if we want to stop them in Sussex.Direct action.
Your M.P.isn`t listening.The goverment isn`t listening.
Make em sit up and take notice.Get on up to Balcombe.
Fernhurst,Wisborough Green and Kirdford are next.We CAN stop this.Please get up there if you care.

Watch the video »
On 3 Sep 2013 at 10:30am queequeg wrote:
No one is listening because you are all crazy. Fracking has been going on in this country for a decade without any reported harm and the economic benefits are too great to ignore.
However dingo wants us to invest trillions in solar power in the Sahara. Only for our good friends in the Middle East to switch us off when they feel like it. Dingo the world is not actually like you imagine it to be, some people are down right nasty.
On 3 Sep 2013 at 11:10am Knoxon Cutts wrote:
Well Queequeg that's a bit of a game changer,where has fracking been going on for the past 10 years?I can't find any reference to the Sahara in Dingo's comment,do you just make it all up?
On 3 Sep 2013 at 12:17pm Dingo wrote:
This article nails the propaganda and lies that says we have been fracking for decades.We have not.

Check it out here »
On 3 Sep 2013 at 2:56pm Rupert Bear wrote:
Yet another thread hijacked by the fracking debate - AREN'T THERE PLENTY OF THREADS ABOUT THIS ALREADY?!
I assure you that most people will lose interest (and sympathy) with the anti-fracking campaign if it keeps hijacking threads. If you want to talk about fracking, start a thread - please stop hijacking others.
On 3 Sep 2013 at 3:11pm Dog in a manger wrote:
Water and oil? Only natural fracking should be part of the discussion.
If this forum software kept live threads at the top of the index page and did not limit the number of posts in a thread (and worked like all the other forum software) there would not need to be huge numbers of threads about fracking.

Not-very-deep vertical fracking has occurred in the past in the UK, but the current horizontal fracking is a very different kettle of fish indeed, so much so that they really ought to be called different things.

There's thread about greengrocers you could read.
On 3 Sep 2013 at 5:47pm The Owl. wrote:
The dog speaks the truth.The bear is a tw@.
On 3 Sep 2013 at 7:10pm Frack Free Sussex wrote:
Check out Frack Free Sussex.

Check it out here »
On 4 Sep 2013 at 2:59pm Rupert Bear wrote:
Thanks "The Owl" - very 'wise' words.
For the record, I am wholeheartedly anti-fracking, but just think that zealots shouldn't exhaust people's attention spans, nor should they hijack threads - it'll do more harm than good.
This one is about big companies buying up water supplies, which, if the anti-frackers are right, will be worthless anyway once fracking commences, so why not let those interested in discussing the specific topic discuss it without turning the topic on its head?

On 4 Sep 2013 at 4:06pm pink potato wrote:
If there's less clean water around it'll be worth more. We are definitely reaching a place where clean is becoming a commodity to be traded. Very sad times. Sometimes I feel so guilty about what I am leaving my children. I hope they can forgive our generation (but if I was them, I wouldn't).

On 4 Sep 2013 at 5:55pm An Owl wrote:
Good to know you are anti fracking Rupes but the title zealot is pretty derogatory.My guess is that you have done very little to stop fracking.
I`m guessing you`ve never been to the Balcombe camp or given a penny towards it`s upkeep or attended any of meetings of local anti fracking groups.
I hope you don`t mind then if I call you a pisswarm anti fracking sloth?
If you had bothered to read the Natural Springs U.K. website which `m sure you didn`t, you would have noticed a whole section on fracking and fresh water entitled "fracking hell". so any discussion about fracking here is totally spot on.
Seeing as you are such a lazy *rse I`ll provide the link to that section for you.

Check it out here »

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

Ian Duncan Moron more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell