Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Is there anything going on suitable for a 2yr old?

On 27 Aug 2010 at 12:38pm Pixxiecat wrote:
Hi good people of Lewes. I am looking after my 2yr old granddaughter this weekend. I live in the heart of Lewes and I do not wish to travel to the usual Drusilla's - the Farm shop etc because it will be packed with visitors. Does anyone know of anything that I could do to entertain her without leaving Lewes? Painting a pot or someting creative and crafty perhaps?

On 27 Aug 2010 at 1:24pm Penguin wrote:
You can paint a pot at Fireworks up on Western Road, and if you want to be crafty, you can try to sneak out without paying !

On 27 Aug 2010 at 10:19pm christnye wrote:
What about the paddling pool at the Pells - our 20-month old son loves that, or just a walk along the river looking for the seal. Monkey Business in Cliffe Industrial Estate is also popular.

On 28 Aug 2010 at 8:15am local man wrote:
Try popping to wickle for a coffee £1 whislt you enjoy a quick cuppa your grandchild can play with the wooden toys kills a half hour or so
or maybe jumping on a train to seee the boats at newhaven.

On 29 Aug 2010 at 9:28am Matt Kent wrote:
Have a picnic down the Grange. Feed the ducks at Pells. There's a good kids park by Malling Community Centre. All free. Have fun. Cheers - Matt

On 30 Aug 2010 at 1:52pm Pixxiecat wrote:
Thank you for all your helpful suggestions, we enjoyed a lovely afternoon in the Grange all for free - and I had never even heard of Monkey Bizness before so we may try it on a cold rainy day.

On 1 Sep 2010 at 8:33pm popeye wrote:
Hi, I know the feeling when it comes to entertaining little ones. Everything is so expensive so it pays to get info on interesting and cheap places to take them. When our grandchildren are down we usually take them to national trust places where there are things like castles etc. and they love having a picnic in the grounds, the yearly subscription are well worth it. Another place is Raystede Animal Centre at Ringmer where there are Parrots, Dogs, Cats, Geese, Ducks, Chickens,Rabbits etc. also the refreshments are very reasonable and its free to get in with a large car park as well. Good Luck.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Sheep 79:132
Lewes Sheep

In the week before lockdown, central government gave local councils several million pounds to enable councils to put all homeless... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde