Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Is it kicking off ?

On 27 Sep 2011 at 7:43pm landporter wrote:
Just heard that it's been getting a bit naughty in town with Brighton and Palace. Anyone seen anything ?

On 27 Sep 2011 at 7:47pm sober judge wrote:
there were a whole bunch of albion and palace fans at the lansdown but i didn't see any trouble

On 27 Sep 2011 at 7:52pm snicketylemon wrote:
There were lots of police near Boots

On 27 Sep 2011 at 8:06pm Not happy wrote:
Do we get this cr@p now everytime there's a game at Brighton?

On 27 Sep 2011 at 8:10pm Southover Queen wrote:
Yes, I think we probably do.

On 27 Sep 2011 at 8:14pm Not happy wrote:
There were two copper vans securing the site of half a smashed up plastic cup on Pinwell Road.

On 27 Sep 2011 at 8:23pm Not happy wrote:
But worse than the fans (so far) was this really unfriendly copper with a clear lack of social skills. He's that sort of breed that give the police a bad name and reputation. Very inclined to lodge a complaint.

On 27 Sep 2011 at 8:54pm Lord sugar wrote:
apparently there was trouble with Palace fans at The Volly.

On 27 Sep 2011 at 10:10pm dismal wrote:
Albion fans trying to get into station car park (now Lewes is becoming established as an nice easy option to get to the Amex) versus commuters trying to leave + Police = chaos

On 27 Sep 2011 at 10:43pm Enoch wrote:
Get used to this in Lewes now the Stadium is open - yet again Brighton passing its crap on to Lewes District! Why can't the supporters be directed through Brighton or at least not allowed to leave Lewes Station and go directly to Falmer.

On 27 Sep 2011 at 10:55pm mr p.c wrote:
well Enoch you are wrong by saying get used to it. this was a one off
other fans have already been in lewes spending money with no trouble
but you are right the ploice would of been better not to have let them into the towm

On 27 Sep 2011 at 11:08pm Wise Man wrote:
Will only happen when Palace or maybe a few other Clubs supported by tossers are playing at Falmer, like Millwall, Leeds, etc. Generally though, a few footie fans will help counter-balalnce the overwhelming middleclass-ness of the town...

On 28 Sep 2011 at 8:25am DFL wrote:
I was out and about last night near the Station and although there were a large number of footie fans milling around, particularly outside the Lansdown, they seemed perfectly happy and not causing any bother. Loads of police in attendance as well, controlling the situation pretty good from what I could see. As long as it stays like that, i.e. calm, then I think traders would welcome the additional income....even us middleclass....

On 28 Sep 2011 at 12:56pm Frank Spencer wrote:
Oh God Forbid, what a shame these people are bring trade into the town and spending money in our shops.
What a shame that we have such a fantastic rail link that we now have to put up with PEOPLE IN OUR TOWN!!!!!!!!!
I think alot of you need to take a long look of your self, we aren't living in the slums, there is a fantastic stadium in Brighton which has created a lot of jobs for a range of people.
Brighton have an excellent link with Lewes FC as well as their coaching in the community scheme which has helped out many local schools.
One day this forum will not be filled with utter rubbish.

On 28 Sep 2011 at 1:12pm Hedley Lamarr wrote:
Well done FS. Fully support you - the more money spent in the town the better. OK its gets a bit roudy but so what? And I am no supporter of football - I hate the game (sorry all those Rookies ouit there).

On 28 Sep 2011 at 2:07pm bastian wrote:
I just think it's a shame that two local teams seem to need so much police time,long gone are the days of a friendly game,according to my youth Brighton station was also crammed with coppers...it looked like overkill to me.

On 28 Sep 2011 at 3:22pm Ratty wrote:
I've been to both the Liverpool and Gillingham matches where the police presence was low key and there was no trouble. The atmosphere was pretty friendly. At the Leeds match apparently, witty chants were applauded by the opposing crowds and it was all fairly good natured.
However Crystal Palace are Brighton's greatest rivals and there is animosity between them going back to the 70's. They have not met in league matches for 6 years but the chant at Brighton of 'stand up if you hate Palace' says it all.
The police would have been much more heavily criticised for not being properly prepared when they knew there was potential for trouble.

On 28 Sep 2011 at 11:46pm Terry wrote:
Shame that Lewes needs heavy policing on Friday and Saturday nights as people can't go out an enjoy a sherbert or two responsibly.
Or even the Police presence required on bonfire night. I would say bonfire night is overkill especially if you end up any where by the train station

On 29 Sep 2011 at 10:21am palace boy wrote:
well the albion had to kick off an extra 3 times !!!!!

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2019 25:132
Cliffe Tableau 2019

Our kitchen was fitted by the manufacturer Murdoch Troon as the kitchen installation was included within our budget. The team... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington