Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

I'mAngry

On 28 Jul 2017 at 7:44pm Anonymous wrote:
My friend has just had an offer accepted on a £500,000 house in the Lewes area after being given £200,000 by her parents because they had some 'spare money'. We got the same GCSE exam grades at school and A levels at 6th form, did the same degree course at Uni (I got a 1st, she got a 2nd) and have both worked since graduating and earn the same salary. So how is it fair that she has been given £200,000 to buy a house with, and I haven't cos my parents are still renting and haven't got a penny to rub together. I'm p****ed off. So I'm going to anonymously call the estate agent, make up some BS story and somehow try and make the sale fall through because it's not fair and I'm angry.
Meanwhile, my colleague at work is driving around after injuring her neck badly and can't turn her head round in the car but is laughing about how she needs to keep on driving even though she can't check for hazards/cars/pedestrians properly. She sits in the staff room laughing about it. I'm angry about how she thinks she can get away with this so I'm going to anonymously report her to the DVLA and hope she gets banned from driving.
Then there's my neighbour who does cash in hand jobs, charges people £20 an hour, gets loads of work, and doesn't pay any tax or NI so takes home all the cash and earns more than I earn after I've paid my tax and NI. Then they boast about it. This makes me angry, so I'm going to anonymously report them.
I'm going to start confronting people when I receive poor service in shops, on public transport or in cafes/restaurants. It makes me angry how these people think they can treat paying customers poorly with bad attitudes and poor service. And if they don't sort out the issue I'm having with them, then I will report them. I have to be polite to the public all day long in my job, even when I don't feel like it, so why shouldn't they have to? Why should they get away with it when I can't?
I'm angry that so many things are unjust.
On 28 Jul 2017 at 8:27pm MissGrace wrote:
Wow!
Who needs enemies when they've got friends like you!
On 28 Jul 2017 at 8:27pm Get real wrote:
I doubt your neighbor earns enough to pay tax on £20 an hour
On 28 Jul 2017 at 8:39pm Anonymous wrote:
£20 an hour 8 hours a day 5 days a week?
You think that isn't enough to pay tax on?
What galaxy are you orbiting in?
On 28 Jul 2017 at 9:20pm US Preacher wrote:
Love thy neighbor
On 29 Jul 2017 at 8:39am Really....? wrote:
Really.... Life is too short. Stop being so bitter and twisted. Be happy for your friend, things are working out for her. Start focusing on your own life instead of that of others. Sounds like the problem is your negative attitude, not what's going on in their lives.
On 29 Jul 2017 at 11:58am Pedro wrote:
I detect some insincerity or mischief in the original post.
On 29 Jul 2017 at 12:32pm Robert wrote:
Report them all. Privilege and selfishness are cancers to an equal and fair society. Don't hesitate even for half an hour to make those calls.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Down the Pan 32:132
Down the Pan

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare