Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

If Only It Could Not Get Worse

On 25 Jun 2016 at 9:35pm PN wrote:
In one of the worst days in the Nations history Scotland has told us it is on the move and it is hard to see anything that will stop it now . More seriously ( even) the confident predictions of lying Brexiteers , that we could trigger article 50 at our leisure turn out , like everything else they say to be a lie.
European leaders who have made it clear we can get out and get out now are challenging our right to delay and will trigger the two year clock whilst the dispute goes on
As it is impossible that any new set of global agreements can be in place by then we are facing economic Armageddon. HSBC is setting up its new office in Paris with a starting count of 1000 lost jobs in the UK others will soon follow.
The country has no government and no representation in the EU its commissioner having resigned in disgust , We have lost our credit rating

Why why why ?
Thus far this is news , TV and arguing , soon it will be school budgets jobs opportunities hospitals pay settlements and a decaying nasty country
Who wishes to take credit for this ?
On 25 Jun 2016 at 10:00pm bingle wrote:
Has anyone checked on Polly Toynbee? Someone should pop over to Tuscany, see if she's ok.
On 25 Jun 2016 at 10:03pm Brexiteer wrote:
As the fifth largest economy .....eh ...oh ....
As the sixth largest economy .......
On 25 Jun 2016 at 10:09pm Man up wrote:
Oh for goodness sake. Some really quite intelligent people were amongst those who wanted out so maybe there's some positive avenues that you haven't thought of. It can become impossible to stay in a relationship where the power balance is increasingly wrong and in the end you just have to break out and find your way. The UK wasn't always in the EU you know. Historically alliances have always changed between nations. We can go up or we can go down and if everyone had your outlook we might as well just sit by the Ouse and eat mud. Be positive - man up - get out there - get involved in the future of your country and its position in the world!
On 25 Jun 2016 at 10:40pm Trainspotter wrote:
Very, very few intelligent people. Most were f**kwits who can't spell, string a sentence together or posit any sort of cohesive argument. Witness the pro-Brexit people on this forum. Have you ever seen a more stupid bunch? Really?
On 25 Jun 2016 at 11:08pm little richard wrote:
then you should feel right at home trainspotter
On 25 Jun 2016 at 11:20pm Local wrote:
PN - you really are a scare-mongering knob-end, aren't you? From the BBC website:
Derrick Wyatt QC, emeritus professor of law at Oxford University, told me that Mr Cameron might not have as much time as he had expected.
He said that the European Council - representing the 27 other member states - could trigger the negotiating process as soon as the prime minister discusses Brexit with other EU leaders.
Paragraph two of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty says that "a Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention".
Once this happens, the leaving state has up to two years to negotiate a withdrawal agreement.
Professor Wyatt, who has represented clients in hundreds of cases before the European courts, said that EU lawyers might consider any discussion about Brexit between Mr Cameron and Mr Tusk and other EU leaders as effectively notifying the European Council of the UK's intention to leave. Professor Wyatt said: "If David Cameron attends the European council on Tuesday, he is likely to confirm in discussions with other heads of government that the UK intends to leave the EU.
"He might do this directly in so many words or he might conduct conversations predicated on the UK's departure from the EU, such as suggestions that informal pre-negotiations might take place before Article 50 is formally triggered.
But a European Council spokesman reiterated on Saturday that triggering Article 50 was a formal act which must be "done by the British government to the European Council".
"It has to be done in an unequivocal manner with the explicit intent to trigger Article 50," the spokesman said.
"It could either be a letter to the president of the European Council or an official statement at a meeting of the European Council duly noted in the official records of the meeting."
So, you are wrong.
On 25 Jun 2016 at 11:28pm Potty Trainer wrote:
Q. Have I ever seen a more stupid bunch?
A. Yes, the f**kwits who are being melodramatic about the count.
Grow up!
On 25 Jun 2016 at 11:50pm Me wrote:
51.9% have now made our bed, Now we must sleep in it. Simples!
On 26 Jun 2016 at 7:09am Overton wrote:
Higher percentage of older voters were bothered to actually vote. While younger voters were much more likely to vote remain a lot of them didn't actually get round to doing it. Suprising as they had much more to lose. Wonder why they didn't bother?
On 26 Jun 2016 at 7:22am Happy wrote:
It's called democracy!!!! And I love it!!!

On 26 Jun 2016 at 7:35am D F L wrote:
Democracy For Lewes
On 26 Jun 2016 at 8:37am Smelly wrote:
51.9% sh!t the bed and then asked us to lie in it.
On 26 Jun 2016 at 9:15am Boring wrote:
I like France, to be honest i love it. I have a senior manager role, I'm not racist, I have a decent education, I'm not old and i voted out!! 2 days later after the vote I've had time to reflect, I'm still pleased i voted out! Yes the London lot are sh**ting themselves, so what, this is a new beginning. To be honest I'm already seeing positive effects at work!
On 26 Jun 2016 at 9:51am Stewpot wrote:
Why an Earth would HSBC move to Paris? No one will go anywhere until the dust settles and by then my guess is that business will be lining up to come here and get the hell out of Europe.
People seem to think that being European and being part of political union is the same thing. 51.9 % voted to take back control of their freedom and democracy and thank God they did.

On 26 Jun 2016 at 10:52am PN wrote:
Stewpot , they will do so because we can only trade in services in the EU under the Freedom of Financial Services Act. Now we are not under it ( or will soon not be ) every single bank Insurance Company and any other services must either relocate or capitalise and comply separately in the EU.
Any reasons for locating in this country is gone and this is our largest export
Dumb eh
On 26 Jun 2016 at 11:33am Hal wrote:
Change is always painful Paul. Keep your hat on, remain seated and don't panic. Panic never helped anyone. Have a coffee and a Valium pill and come back to us when you have your act together. We will be calmly working out a solution to these challenges.

On 26 Jun 2016 at 11:37am Exporter wrote:
I export smoke and mirrors and advise offshore companies. I'm off to the South of France . See ya suckers. Let the homeless squat in the empty HSBC building .
On 26 Jun 2016 at 2:13pm Local wrote:
I am very, like, glad that, like, you know, we didn't like leave the vote to, like, the young. No life experience, innit, no sense of like responsibility, and no like ability to like string a sentence together in English. (Add endless spelling makes as well - I didn't include them all as I wanted people to be able to understand my post.

On 26 Jun 2016 at 5:59pm Ed Can Do wrote:
So are you a confirmed Lib Dem yet Paul? I know you said you were going to sign up. I'm curious, do you now think we need proportional representation rather than first past the post voting or are you just flying the colours to get one over on your former mate Maria Cauliflower?
On 26 Jun 2016 at 8:04pm PN wrote:
I shall, join next week and in all honesty the more indirect the means of voting are the better. I had previously thought the good sense of the people could be trusted . ........
Anyway in all; seriousness this has completed a journey I have been on for number of years from Libertarian to leftish Conservative and now fianlly unable to support the sort of Party who may be led by Boris Johnson.
I want moderate poltics looking the best of social action and capitalism in a mixed economy
I would be on the right of the Liberal Party . Fine.

16 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Swans in the pool 85:132
Lewes Swans in the pool

P.S. this is becoming a habit but what the hell? You may need a little help so may I refer you to you tube~ Richard Werner the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington