Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Hunt protest

On 26 Dec 2015 at 7:05pm Convenient wrote:
Just saw the hunt protest on the BBC news . In my opinion Lewes looked stupid , the protesters looked stupid , the hunt looked stupid , people who like seeing horses being scared looked stupid , anybody who took children to see that debacle looked cruel and stupid . What a waste of energy and emotion and a really poor advert for Lewes . No one came out looking good or responsible , you all just looked stupid , the same news covered people suffering the floods ..... now they actually do have something to worry about !!
On 26 Dec 2015 at 8:29pm Silver lining wrote:
Might lower rents and house prices!
On 26 Dec 2015 at 10:03pm Clifford wrote:
'The survey by Ipsos Mori, conducted on behalf of the League Against Cruel Sports (Lacs), found 83% of respondents thought the ban should continue 84% in rural areas and 82% in urban areas. Opposition to legalising foxhunting has risen from 72% in 2008, according to Lacs.'
So more people in rural areas, who know more about what hunting involves, are against it than people in urban areas.
On 26 Dec 2015 at 10:06pm Concerned wrote:
I feel that only paedophiles oppose the ban on fox hunting
On 27 Dec 2015 at 1:09am Hyena wrote:
I suggest you all read some Sassoon.
On 27 Dec 2015 at 9:38am Convenient wrote:
I did once many years ago read his autobiography and as i remember he didn't mention hunting . I also used to have one of his hairdryers and brushes , they were very good quality .
On 27 Dec 2015 at 4:06pm Ban the Ban wrote:
The meeting of the Hunt in lewes has been a tradition for hundreds of years and is a spectacle that should be appreciated. This hunt was a TRAIL hunt meaning they are staying within the law created in 2004. The fact that sabs have to make a fool of themselves by screaming and shouting shows how little they understand the event. Highlighted once more by some of the ridiculous comments above.
It is shame to see Lewes being portrayed in such ways on national television.

On 29 Dec 2015 at 10:57am Glenda wrote:
Ban the Ban, I think you'll find foxes are still killed, but the huntsman get round the ban, by only having two dogs present. Terriers are still used to flush them out.

On 29 Dec 2015 at 11:42am Meic wrote:
I hope the hunt is prosecuted for the amount of dog mess it left behind and did not clear up

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Burning Crosses in Lewes 15:132
Burning Crosses in Lewes

Hello. I was also recently looking for the perfect place for a photo shoot. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams