Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

How much would you pay for a cafe in Lewes?

On 29 Aug 2012 at 4:18pm Georgie wrote:
£100K? ¬£250K?
try £550K......

Check it out here »

On 29 Aug 2012 at 4:21pm Georgie wrote:
sorry, wrong link. Try the one below:

Check it out here »

On 29 Aug 2012 at 4:24pm Joanie wrote:
If that's too much, you could get Casbah for one sixth of the price (£85K):

Check it out here »

On 29 Aug 2012 at 4:29pm Trevor wrote:
You expect to pay £100,000 for an established business in a town centre location, the building (including a two bedroom residence above), and all the fixtures and fittings? Come now... that's a bit optimistic!
Approx £500,000 seems about right when a two bedroom flat in the High Street would probably cost about £250,000.

On 29 Aug 2012 at 5:46pm POINTLESS LINKING PIRATE wrote:
YARGH! Post some more pointless links with no context or understanding how the internet works.

On 30 Aug 2012 at 8:47am Pete wrote:
Surely one is FREEHOLD, and the other LEASEHOLD ? That would explain why the Casbah is only £85K....wonder how much is left on the lease.....

On 30 Aug 2012 at 10:36am jrsussex wrote:
The business is freehold, totally different to being leasehold. Freehold, if the business is properly operated, increases in value whereas leasehold will decrease as the term oif the lease decreases year on year. The better the freehold operator the more the business is worth, so if the current operator has a well run business that includes 2 bed accomodation it is probably worth that money. My concern would be that a T/O of £273k produces what is a fairly low net profit of just ¬£27k. The operating hours of the business appear to total about 76 per week which transferred to an anuual income and allowing for time off appears to suggest an houry rate of less than ¬£10 per hour. Not much for what I know is a hard working industry.

On 30 Aug 2012 at 6:04pm Castle Gate wrote:
Wasn't this place only recently re-opened?

On 30 Aug 2012 at 11:17pm biggles wrote:
You're right Castle Gate. So he got the price! 'Nuff said.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Castle view 19:143
Castle view

It just bothers me that anyone thinks that they or the government have the right to tell me what I can put in my own body. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Believe you can or believe you can't... Either way you're right
Paul