Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Horses in supermarkets?

On 5 Aug 2015 at 10:00am Ki-Adi-Mundi wrote:
Did anyone see the fracas yesterday outside Waitrose after a lady tried to ride her horse into the store? She was trying to explain to staff that there wasn't a suitable place to leash the horse and she was worried that the horse may run off if it wasn't suitably restrained. She tried to assure the staff that it was only for a few bits but still, I'm not sure that a horse wandering around a supermarket is a) hygenic b) entirely safe (?!) and c) Might possibly damage the floor with hooves? I know horses to be quite placid animals but would worry about it slipping on some of the mats in the fruit and veg section. In the end her custom was refused, with staff saying they would be more than happy to serve her if she were to return on foot.
I was wondering if anyone was aware of perhaps other places which still rely on riding horse back a lot taking their steeds into supermarkets..?
On 5 Aug 2015 at 10:10am Hearth Mike wrote:
We saw this yesterday and were extremely shocked! I'm not really sure if it was a practical joke or a naive citizen. but nonethe less it was remarkably entertaining and went on for some time! I hope someone got pictures, we opposite were all too shocked to reach for the cameras
On 5 Aug 2015 at 10:22am Ali baba wrote:
Does this mean I can bring my camel to aldi? There is a nice bar to tie him up to outside and they sell fertiliser anyway so no problem with his output.
On 5 Aug 2015 at 5:04pm Newell Fisher wrote:
Only at Waitrose...
On 5 Aug 2015 at 6:21pm Man with no name wrote:
I'll take my horse where I like
On 5 Aug 2015 at 6:28pm Newell Fisher wrote:
Thats no way to talk about your wife!
On 5 Aug 2015 at 8:28pm Driver wrote:
There is no place in an urban area for a dysfunctional animal like a horse these days; except for token tourist attractions like the Harvey's dray. This lady is taking her hobby too seriously, and should take a car or bus into town.
On 5 Aug 2015 at 8:43pm Newell Fisher wrote:
Yes Driver (serious face)
Would a rickshaw be acceptable?
On 5 Aug 2015 at 9:46pm Mike Best wrote:
Hahahaha! This is brilliant!
I tried to go in with push bike and got told I had to leave it outside, (the security guard kept an eye on it). But a Horse... LMFAO

On 5 Aug 2015 at 10:07pm Newell Fisher wrote:
So....no rickshaws?

On 5 Aug 2015 at 10:26pm Old Bike wrote:
It seems entirely reasonable to me. Leave it by the apples while you dash round for the essentials. Asda have embraced the idea in Ireland.

Watch the video »
On 5 Aug 2015 at 11:00pm Fred wrote:
So why are scooters not banned from all stores. The kids should NOT be allowed to use them in shops.....

On 6 Aug 2015 at 11:47am Angela fisher wrote:
You can get yer own soddin dinner unless you want my had , horse indeed , I see myself more as a ".............

On 6 Aug 2015 at 11:49am Angela fisher wrote:
Oh dear typo . Had =. Hay
On 6 Aug 2015 at 2:24pm Janet wrote:
@Driver. I'm not sure that taking cars into town isn't dysfunctional these days. Too much traffic, no where to park etc. perhaps should be limited to the disabled etc, and better public transport developed.

On 28 Oct 2015 at 5:24pm Lewis in Lewes wrote:
Maybe it was a horse for a physical/mental impairment? I don't think we should jump to conclusions and right off the situation as ridiculous...

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Impending Sheep 45:132
Impending Sheep

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy