Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

HOT NEWS

On 26 Apr 2013 at 5:24pm Charity Over Load wrote:
Guess What Folks! yet another Charity Shop hits Lewes Precinct ! RED CROSS to open a "Second " Shop in Lewes £42,000 a year rent is all its costing, So that's where your donations go...into the Landlords pocket...
what do you think of this then folks.
On 26 Apr 2013 at 6:56pm That's al folks wrote:
I think you use the word folks too much
On 26 Apr 2013 at 8:26pm Economistman wrote:
The charity shops are always busy. Excellent news. Good for recycling. Good quality cheapish stuff
On 26 Apr 2013 at 8:40pm Xplorer1 wrote:
Better red (cross) than dead (empty). And surely rent is a cost of doing business, whether you're a charity or a rapacious coffee chain.
On 26 Apr 2013 at 10:11pm Nixon Scraypes wrote:
Xplorer1you're right but I think the original post was drawing attention to the fact that a very small proportion of the money raised actually gets to the people it was raised for.The briefest glance at the current situation in Haiti only goes to show how little has been done with so much cash.An examination of Bono's charity would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad for it's intended recipients.

On 27 Apr 2013 at 8:34am BUSINESS PIRATE wrote:
YARGH!!
What is needed is a charity antiques shop!
MOAR ANTIQUES for the landlubbers!!
On 27 Apr 2013 at 10:03am diamonddog wrote:
more charity shops will really bring tourists to the town a looking for some secondhand knitted crap THESE SHOPS WILL KILL WHATS LEFT OF THE HIGH STREET

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bonfire Torches 11:132
Bonfire Torches

So today Iím on rest day and tomorrow, but my thought is the cost of those bangers could be put to better use by donating the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams