Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Good luck landport

On 1 Mar 2017 at 6:33pm BT wrote:
So virgve moved into landport , I wish you all good luck with then , they are thoughtless , rude inconsiderate ,
On 1 Mar 2017 at 6:36pm Bt wrote:
Most worryingly they don't leave enough room for the emergency services ,I have spoken to the guys on the ground and via their complaints number but nothing I hop eESFR take this up with them before its to late , it would make for an interesting inquest
On 1 Mar 2017 at 6:48pm Stanley wrote:
Frequey subscrilers to this bloggage, and to Professy's thorkus on Twittle (@professorunwin) may recall referry to Mr Stupey who lives across the streel.
Now, Mr Stupey has a woofit'n'yaploder of no speciffy pedigroo (Heinzloder Fifty Several varietales) all snuffly round the garbage and crappit indiscriminale. Attempts to explicale the fundamoles of pooply-scoopage or basicold hygiele have falolloped on deaflymost eardrobes. Every mordy, a freshly steamage of canile botty-choc appearage on Scrile's lawn there, all stinkit and killing the grass. Folly indeed.
On 1 Mar 2017 at 6:53pm Clifford wrote:
Stanley, I've always thought this was one of your finest moments:

Watch the video »
On 1 Mar 2017 at 10:07pm Grunge wrote:
Deepjoy of the fundamold!
On 2 Mar 2017 at 7:51am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
When they were working on Nevill, I found the workmen themselves to be polite, friendly and very considerate. They would always stop drilling when I walked past with the dog (she hated the noise), go to a lot of trouble to find out who owned cars near the area they were working on (so they could move it rather than get it covered in dust), put rubber strips over any uneven bits, always stopped to let people out of their drives and, on two occasions, carried heavy shopping from my car to my door for me.
I thought they were great. Maybe you had a different lot of workmen, BT.
The issue I had with them was the hours they worked: the noise went on from before 8am to gone 7pm six days a week, and all day on Sundays. That's not the fault of the workmen though, that's the fault of Virgin themselves, if they're specifying timescales that require them to work such long hours, or the contracting companies for not employing more staff so that the deadlines can be met while working shorter days.
I also think that ESCC should specify restricted hours of work when give consent for non-urgent roadworks. This is pretty standard when granting planning permission for building works which give residents some respite from noise and disruption.
If they don't have the powers to impose conditions like that, they should damn well be given them!
On 2 Mar 2017 at 9:21am Jeremy Kyle wrote:
Whilst the disruption is annoying while they're installing it, once it's done the good folk of Landport will have a new variety of tv channels to watch while they wait for dole day to come round again and with super fast cable broadband the results from the online paternity test websites will come through that much quicker.
On 2 Mar 2017 at 10:18am Pedro wrote:
Whats with all the hate/trolling/quips against "Landport"? Is it the equivalent of the "Jasmine Allen Estate" from The Bill?

Please enlighten this lovable DFL.
On 2 Mar 2017 at 10:24am Ogden's Nut Gone Flake wrote:
"Deepjoy of the fundamold!"
I like it.
On 2 Mar 2017 at 10:50am Old bill wrote:
I cant stand snobbery

On 2 Mar 2017 at 12:44pm Dickie Pickle wrote:
Dilligaf ? lol
On 2 Mar 2017 at 4:55pm Deja Vu wrote:
@ACT, blimey those working times surprise me, they are restricted as far as I am aware, can't find it on ESCC website (sure I linked it in the forum before), but Brighton construction noise is limited to:
Monday - Friday 7am - 7pm (for noisy work 8am - 6pm)
Saturday 8am - 1pm (for noisy work 9am - 1pm)
Sunday and Bank Holidays - no works

Check it out here »

On 2 Mar 2017 at 9:42pm Hmmm wrote:
It's been a long time since there's been a virgin in Landport.

On 3 Mar 2017 at 8:27am Lewes man wrote:
Landport fine

On 3 Mar 2017 at 4:02pm bongo wrote:
I can watch umpteen Freeview channels (including the HD ones) for free via my ancient old analogue aerial - certainly not paying Virgin to let me watch the same old rubbish via their fancy pants fibre optic do-da!

On 3 Mar 2017 at 9:21pm Hmmm wrote:
Yeah but once you've had paid channels free view does suck badly...
On 4 Mar 2017 at 7:59am Inbred wrote:
They've moved into Landport now and i must say they are moving along at a rate of knotts. The workforce, which mainly seem foreign, are polite and very efficient.

On 4 Mar 2017 at 9:27am Hmmm wrote:
They will get shouted at if they wake me on a Sunday though...

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Castle view 19:132
Castle view

Clean your own place. Most people do. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams